Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 04:30 PM

873 posts, read 1,805,068 times

Advertisements

I think if you look in your mirror, you'll see the real bigot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Answer: hate-loving bigots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 04:38 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,217,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
What Austin and "Sleeze" Dees don't seem to understand is that you can't legislate somebody's feelings. Dees has been kicked out of courtrooms before for suborning perjury in defense of a communist that killed a prison guard with an icepick!! What a genuine scumbag! Where's the love there, Austin??? LOL

One has to love something in order to hate something else. These people that feel that the people that they love are threatened may well stand up in defense. That goes for all concerned!

There is no bigger "HATE" group in this country than the SPLC!
Can you by any chance offer any proof that Morris Dees has ever been convicted of "suborning perjury"? One does NOT just get kicked out of a courtroom for "suborning perjury"...........charges must be filed, and the accuser must prove their case. Then there would be a conviction if the State proved their case. Then Dees would have a felony conviction, and, actually, I can't think of a single state where he could be a member of the state bar association if he were a convicted felon, nor can I think of any Federal District where Mr. Dees could practice law if he had a felony conviction.

So, either put up the evidence Morris Dees was convicted of "suborning perjury" or shut up. ACCUSATIONS without proof and conviction do not count.

Additionally, are you capable, or do you even know, the name of the case you're referring to where a "communist" was accused of killing a prison guard with an ice pick and Dees defended the person? Was there a conviction? If not, did you completely forget about the Constitution and the presumption of innocence?

You know, I really take no joy in saying this. Do you have any clue that all these laws which you hate so much are actually there to PROTECT YOU, and all the other innocent people out there when they get falsely accused? Do you understand the justice system at all? I'm afraid that you do not.

The Southern Poverty Law Center is villianized over and over again by those who seem to feel like their desires to hate are somewhat compromised by the SPLC.........and the FBI, etc., and all those other organizations which monitor hate groups.

I think you are one very, very confused person.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I think if you look in your mirror, you'll see the real bigot.
Funny........I think the same thing about you, bugguy.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
The difference is that the parties are nothing like they were in the 1960s. The GOP used to actually support the minorities (Lincoln freed the slaves...) and was not a party that was devoted to primitive religion and bigotry, which is sadly what has happened to MY party since the late 1990s. Reagan started the revolution, but it really got going in the late 90s with the idiotic Lewinsky case causing a bunch of Christians to become political, changing the GOP to a party of mostly paranoid nutjobs and religious wackos. I still am registered as a Republican, and I supported Ron Paul until he was beaten by McCain (then I switched to Bob Barr, the Libertarian candidate), but this version of the party would never have passed any civil rights leglisation.

Most of those southern Democrats back then would be considered NeoCons today. After all, in the 1860 (Lincoln's) election, it was the Democrats who were the conservative party and the Republicans were the progressive party.
Excellent post.....very well explained. Thanks!

Old 11-04-2009, 05:36 PM

873 posts, read 1,805,068 times
I won't try to teach you how to use a search engine. If you can get someone to help you or do it for you, you'll find this:

"Arrested and removed from court in 1975 for attempting to suborn
perjury [bribing a witness] in the Joan Little murder trial in North
Carolina. Little, a black convict, was accused of killing a prison
guard with an ice-pick . The felony charge against Dees was
subsequently dropped, but the presiding judge, Hamilton Hobgood,
refused to re-admit Dees to the case. The refusal was upheld on appeal
after the Supreme Court of the United States refused to hear Dees
appeal. [Ibid.]"

You can love Sleeze Dees all you want....you can hop into bed with him if you want! And you can continue to hate everybody that doesn't think like you. You're a bigoted hate-monger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Can you by any chance offer any proof that Morris Dees has ever been convicted of "suborning perjury"? One does NOT just get kicked out of a courtroom for "suborning perjury"...........charges must be filed, and the accuser must prove their case. Then there would be a conviction if the State proved their case. Then Dees would have a felony conviction, and, actually, I can't think of a single state where he could be a member of the state bar association if he were a convicted felon, nor can I think of any Federal District where Mr. Dees could practice law if he had a felony conviction.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I won't try to teach you how to use a search engine. If you can get someone to help you or do it for you, you'll find this:

"Arrested and removed from court in 1975 for attempting to suborn
perjury [bribing a witness] in the Joan Little murder trial in North
Carolina. Little, a black convict, was accused of killing a prison
guard with an ice-pick . The felony charge against Dees was
subsequently dropped, but the presiding judge, Hamilton Hobgood,
refused to re-admit Dees to the case. The refusal was upheld on appeal
after the Supreme Court of the United States refused to hear Dees
appeal. [Ibid.]"

You can love Sleeze Dees all you want....you can hop into bed with him if you want! And you can continue to hate everybody that doesn't think like you. You're a bigoted hate-monger.
WHERE'S THE LINK TO THAT QUOTE YOU POSTED?

Ahhhh, so Dees was ACCUSED of "suborning perjury".........so WHY DID THE STATE DROP THE CHARGE? uhhhh, you think MAYBE they didn't have a case? You do know that the United States Supreme Court denies cert in most cases which are brought before them, don't you?

And, OMG, the defendant was a black man. WHO would have guessed??? LOL

WTF, does hopping into bed with Dees have to do with what we are discussing? Is that your Neanderthal way of trying to intimidate me, thowing out that little tidbit? I think it's probably time for you to crawl back into your cave.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:19 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
The difference is that the parties are nothing like they were in the 1960s. The GOP used to actually support the minorities (Lincoln freed the slaves...) and was not a party that was devoted to primitive religion and bigotry, which is sadly what has happened to MY party since the late 1990s. Reagan started the revolution, but it really got going in the late 90s with the idiotic Lewinsky case causing a bunch of Christians to become political, changing the GOP to a party of mostly paranoid nutjobs and religious wackos. I still am registered as a Republican, and I supported Ron Paul until he was beaten by McCain (then I switched to Bob Barr, the Libertarian candidate), but this version of the party would never have passed any civil rights leglisation.

Most of those southern Democrats back then would be considered NeoCons today. After all, in the 1860 (Lincoln's) election, it was the Democrats who were the conservative party and the Republicans were the progressive party.
Just because there are some people as you described that consider themselves republicans, it doesn't mean all republicans are like them. There are people who belong to the republican party in all 50 states and it's not all about religion for some of them. Although it is for many but, I don't it started with the Lewinsky scandal.....I think it started with abortion and I think that's still the main reason it is the way it is today.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:22 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
most of the racial hate i see coming from the poor urban areas mostly directed towards the wasps. which is strange bek that group does not present the greatest threat to AA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies