Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:47 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,959,260 times

Advertisements

JUST heard NEWS.....on Fox News:

HUGE number of arrests (1,186) across 19 states......wrapping up a 3 1/2 year long drug investigation into "La Familia"......a Mexican Drug Cartel.
Also.....just heard the new unemployment figures.

So, THIS WAS NEWS.....to me anyway and where is the bias spin in it.....I don't know?

And.....I didn't hear ANYONE blaming the Libs and Dems. in either piece.

WOW!
How CAN this be possible on Fox, right?
Because they might just report on NEWS.......perhaps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 10:26 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,760,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Nobody AVOIDS reality like all the others!
OK. Not true.......they don't avoid the reality that Michael Jackson is dead already.
But, if FOX ever truly promoted Bush's agenda, I don't really know because I didn't watch Fox News then.
Bush's agenda SUCKED......but this administration's agenda does too, just a little bit more.
Hope all you Dems. are happy.......your idea of "fundamental change" is only an extension of Bush policy......on steroids.
Add his association with the likes of ACORN, SEIU, Van Jones and numerous other radicals who idolize Mao and yeah......I would say it's on hyper-warp speed into the abyss now.....for America.
Any other boilerplate far-right capitalized CATCH phrases you'd LIKE to throw into THAT off-topic post?

Old 10-22-2009, 11:48 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,959,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Any other boilerplate far-right capitalized CATCH phrases you'd LIKE to throw into THAT off-topic post?
What's OFF topic about a lot of things I mentioned that were exposed by Fox News and nobody else?
Info. that directly pertains to what GB on Fox......has been reporting on for a while.
Nice try.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:16 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,530,959 times
Quote:
JUST heard NEWS.....on Fox News:

HUGE number of arrests (1,186) across 19 states......wrapping up a 3 1/2 year long drug investigation into "La Familia"......a Mexican Drug Cartel.
Also.....just heard the new unemployment figures.

So, THIS WAS NEWS.....to me anyway and where is the bias spin in it.....I don't know?

And.....I didn't hear ANYONE blaming the Libs and Dems. in either piece.

WOW!
How CAN this be possible on Fox, right?
Because they might just report on NEWS.......perhaps?
Well, even a "broken clock" is right - twice a day!

Old 10-22-2009, 12:42 PM

9,807 posts, read 10,049,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
What is your opinion on this video? I am very curious because basically for a European like me it says to 100% that Fox is biased and NOT "fair and balanced".
I don't think I have to watch it 24/7 (who does that anyway, don't you have to work?) or to live in the US. When the CEO admits that they tried to influence people's opinion on Iraq/Bush then how can you still say they are not biased or just a bit biased?
If the CEO of McDonald's tells you that their food is not healthy would you still insist that it is?
At least Murdoch has the gnads to admit it. Unlike the CEO's, GE, etc, who own the other news networks. They all do the same thing, yet they will not admit it.

Also if the CEO of McDonalds tells me that their food is not healthy, could I safely assume that Burger King, Wendy's and the like which sell nearly identical food, is also un-healthy?

Old 10-22-2009, 01:53 PM

2,730 posts, read 2,472,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
At least Murdoch has the gnads to admit it. Unlike the CEO's, GE, etc, who own the other news networks. They all do the same thing, yet they will not admit it.

Also if the CEO of McDonalds tells me that their food is not healthy, could I safely assume that Burger King, Wendy's and the like which sell nearly identical food, is also un-healthy?
You could use media that tries not to be biased. Analogy to McDonalds:
You don't have to go to Burger King if you don't like McDonalds, instead you could go to a restaurant that serves real, healthy food.
You could do this with news, too. Try a newspaper, or a news source from a different country or the several internet forums to get information.
There is more than just Fox or CNN or whatever else you have. Maybe it is not as "entertaining" as Fox, but news are not football or the newest reality show.

And no, not all media tries to manipulate. My news channel in my country did not try to convince me that it is necessary to support the US in Afghanistan. Neither did they condemn it, they just supported me with facts.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
What's OFF topic about a lot of things I mentioned that were exposed by Fox News and nobody else?
Info. that directly pertains to what GB on Fox......has been reporting on for a while.
Nice try.
Jesus - stop capitalizing words. It's annoying.

The following quoted text is just a childish rant and really has nothing to do with the topic of Fox being number 1 in ratings (right up there with Miley Cyrus and Gossip Girl!)

btw - if Murdoch admitted to manipulating the news to serve the conservative agenda under Bush, he's still doing it under Obama.

Wake up, America!

Quote:
Bush's agenda SUCKED......but this administration's agenda does too, just a little bit more.
Hope all you Dems. are happy.......your idea of "fundamental change" is only an extension of Bush policy......on steroids.
Add his association with the likes of ACORN, SEIU, Van Jones and numerous other radicals who idolize Mao and yeah......I would say it's on hyper-warp speed into the abyss now.....for America.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:03 PM

20,504 posts, read 12,465,863 times
Foxnews remains number 1.

liberal stations are bleeding viewership! Yea FOXNEWS!

Old 10-22-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Foxnews remains number 1.

liberal stations are bleeding viewership! Yea FOXNEWS!
Miley Cyrus remains number 1.

Mozart recordings are bleeding listeners! Yea MILEYCYRUS!

Old 10-22-2009, 02:43 PM

24,547 posts, read 33,469,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Well, even a "broken clock" is right - twice a day!
That should be the official slogan of MSNBC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies