Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2009, 04:57 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I don't agree. If I boycotted every liberal, I would never see a movie again. I have seen many Henry Fonda, Tom Hanks, Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, and Danny Glover movies that I like. I just don't listen to their public nonsense, as the information delievered by the GED "intelligensia" is beyond any performance they have done on screen and is way too funny. I am sure that if these people boycotted every conservative, they probably would never go to a physician or dentist, nor would they have anyone to arrange thier offshore financial accounts to avoid the taxes they want on the rest of us.
Thank you for this. I don't understand people who have such a hatred of someone's political views that they would boycott their movies. I'm not a fan of Clint's views, however I like him as an actor/director. I used to loathe Oasis because they're such immature jerks, but then I realized I do like some of their songs so who cares? People who boycott Hollywood....I don't get it, can they honestly in true fashion say they NEVER watch movies, ever?? There are some liberal actors that I find a little annoying when they talk about politics, but why should I care? I love films, I don't care what someone's political leanings are. I watch films because it's entertainment...without entertainment, what does one do w/their life I wonder? It would be such a bleak life not having film or music in your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't boycott stuff. Or people. Am I'm having a hard time even thinking of something Sean Penn has done lately. A persons politics, just like their sex life, does not really concern me. If they do something interesting or entertaining I will watch watch if I feel like it. If they just want to preach at me about something I probably won't listen but I don't listen to anyone who does that anyway.
He directed "Into the Wild" & he starred in "Milk". That's the most recent ones I can think of. And I agree about the personal life. I mean, I can get disgusted or laugh or roll my eyes at what someone does in their personal life, but it truly has no bearing on their talent as an entertainer.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Clint Eastwood - still a bad@ss at 78 - not too many real men like him in Hollyweird anymore:

YouTube - Gran Torino - Get Off My Lawn _HD
I think I am the only person in america that didn't totally love that movie. I didn't like the acting...I liked the message, just not the acting. But I have to say, like I mentioned before, even though I don't like Clint's politics, I do like him as an entertainer.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:06 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,345,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Have you had enough of Hollywood Elitists advancing their warped agendas through their Television and Movie Productions?

Do you get sick and tired of hearing Oprah, Sean Penn, The View, Larry King and so on spew out their way and you disagree you are an idiot point of view? For instance Roman Polanski?

If you are then write to the companies who advertise with them. Let them know you are fed up with their support of the likes of David Letterman, Chris Mathews, Oprah, The View and so on!

Please post Television and Movies that you believe should be BOYCOTTED along with their sponsors!
Let's be honest here. Don't you mean, "boycott Hollywood liberal elitist celebrities".

Old 10-04-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Let's be honest here. Don't you mean, "boycott Hollywood liberal elitist celebrities".
You would be correct. I haven't seen anyone on this thread who hates hollywood talk about any of the right-leaning actors/directors. I wonder why that is?

Old 10-04-2009, 05:16 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,345,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I think I am the only person in america that didn't totally love that movie. I didn't like the acting...I liked the message, just not the acting. But I have to say, like I mentioned before, even though I don't like Clint's politics, I do like him as an entertainer.
I thought it was pretty good. I liked the nostalgia of it being an Eastwood movie. The message was good too. But you're right about the acting. It was a little hokey.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:20 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,418,899 times
Quote:
You would be correct. I haven't seen anyone on this thread who hates hollywood talk about any of the right-leaning actors/directors. I wonder why that is?
Because the conservatives in Hollywood are few and far between.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Because the conservatives in Hollywood are few and far between.
So what? They're still out there, why not bring those names out into the forefront to boycott?

Old 10-04-2009, 05:26 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,418,899 times
Quote:
So what? They're still out there, why not bring those names out into the forefront to boycott?
Perhaps because they have not offended anyone.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Perhaps because they have not offended anyone.
LOL, ok. Why are you offended by what the liberal actors have to say? Is everyone that sensitive? Weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies