Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support Israel military attacks on Iran's nuclear centers?
yes 96 64.86%
no 43 29.05%
other 4 2.70%
not sure 5 3.38%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:00 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,631,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
What the USA did then and does now are wholly different. The USA was not any different than any other nation on Earth- it seeks to influence others to advance its own interest. .
Incorrect.
All imperialist countries use the "advance it's own interest" excuse to try to justify it's meddling in other countries.
America is an imperialist nation.

Quote:
And Russia, China and 100 other nations do the same thing. We had alot of interest in Iran including the huge Bell Helicopter Company as well as the oil. .
Neither Russia or China staged a coup d'etat in Iran or any other middle eastern country.
Your lot have been meddling in the Middle East region since 1948.
First by creating the statelet of israel, staging a coup in Iran and Iraq.

And incidentally who built the first nuclear plant in Iran?
Your lot did.

Quote:
That is why we installed a friendly govenment. .
says it all.

It's none of your countrys business who the electorate of another soverign nations elects as goverment.

Quote:
And if we had not, the Soviet empire would have. Is Iran any better off being ran by religious nutcases Mullahs and Ayatollahs? I don't think so. I am not trying to excuse the crimes of the Shah or our involement with him but we need to keep things in proper perspective.
Speculation at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
We didn't seem to care about that in the case of Pakistan or North Korea.

Why are we jumping all over Iran? Hmmmmm

It's not too complicated to see what the true motives are.
Oil and greed for oil, generates the interest levels

Old 09-27-2009, 03:08 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Oh really the US has an itch huh? What about all the other nations that do NOT want Iran to have a this capability?
A lot of nations would love the US/Paki/India/ to not have so many, and of course, the US udder hugger, Zionist Israel, makes people nervous, because they feel that they don't have to allow inspections. They are above the law ??? They want to be top hound over there.

I bet a few Zionist leader's faces turn beet red when anyone suggests an inspection, or accounting. They scream like little girls "Uncle SAMMIE, they are picking on us again. waaaahhhhhh."

Old 09-27-2009, 03:15 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
A lot of nations would love the US/Paki/India/ to not have so many, and of course, the US udder hugger, Zionist Israel, makes people nervous, because they feel that they don't have to allow inspections. They are above the law ??? They want to be top hound over there.

I bet a few Zionist leader's faces turn beet red when anyone suggests an inspection, or accounting. They scream like little girls "Uncle SAMMIE, they are picking on us again. waaaahhhhhh."

OMG you are nuts. The reason that many other countries can have them is because their leaders don't make comments like "they want to wipe another country off the map". I am pretty sure if Obama went around saying he was going to wipe France off the map we would have some issue with the other nations also.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:32 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,913,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
You're the mental midget here, amigo.

The world is attempting to engage Iran in negotiations : only you and a few other rightwing chair sitters are waffling on about attacking Iran.

And as for the Third Reich jibe.
Your lot only gave up profiterring from WW2 - when the japs dragged you in to the war.

And we thank the Russians - not your lot.
It doesn't matter if you are too hate-filled to give "our lot" due credit along with the Russians. The fact of the matter is that it took all the allies to free Europe in that amount of time.

The world is negotiating with Iran, this is true. But some realize that there needs to be a back-up plan if talking and sanctions fail. Israel can take care of itself and while I personally support them 100% I have no interest in the US getting involved militarily. The Iranian government doesn't directly pose a threat to my country but they are too ensconced with the radical Muslim extremists that could send a nuke over in a container ship. Unlike yourself probably, I actually don't want a major US city to be a radioactive wasteland no matter how much "meddling" the country has done.

That's why Iran can't have nuclear weapons and I'm quite satisfied to sit back and let Israel deal with the problem if sanctions fail. See, for all the left's screeching and stamping the ground, there is no peaceful solution if Iran goes ahead with producing nuclear weapons.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
It doesn't matter if you are too hate-filled to give "our lot" due credit along with the Russians. The fact of the matter is that it took all the allies to free Europe in that amount of time.
That is correct - it did take the Allies to secure victory in WW2.

You should point this out to your buddy who thinks differently.

Quote:

The world is negotiating with Iran, this is true. But some realize that there needs to be a back-up plan if talking and sanctions fail. Israel can take care of itself and while I personally support them 100% I have no interest in the US getting involved militarily. The Iranian government doesn't directly pose a threat to my country but they are too ensconced with the radical Muslim extremists that could send a nuke over in a container ship. Unlike yourself probably, I actually don't want a major US city to be a radioactive wasteland no matter how much "meddling" the country has done.
Speculative at best.

This sort of speculation you post reminds me of the same type of disinformation posited in the the runup to the Iraq war.
Saddam was allegedly ensconced with radical muslim extremists - according to Bush/Cheney/Wolfowitz/Perle and the rest of the loony rightwingers.

Quote:

That's why Iran can't have nuclear weapons and I'm quite satisfied to sit back and let Israel deal with the problem if sanctions fail. See, for all the left's screeching and stamping the ground, there is no peaceful solution if Iran goes ahead with producing nuclear weapons.
I think the zionists are the only threat to peace in the Middle East.
But we will agree to disagree on this.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:50 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post

Yep! The evil ZOG is behind the whole thing. (Whatever that 'thing' is) Aryan brothers and sisters unite! The evil Zionists are behind it all! Wheww and whoa I says. Someone please pass the bong. (or not)

Old 09-27-2009, 04:03 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,330,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post

I think the zionists are the only threat to peace in the Middle East.
Interesting that you always refer to the Israelis, very disdainfully of course, as the "zionists". A Zionist, according to the freeonline dictionary, is anyone who supports the existence of the state of Israel. Your many, many postings, either implicitly or explicitly, call for Israel's de-legitimization, and yes, destruction. Hence, your constant railing against the "zionists".

Obviously there are many Zionists outside of Israel. Ready to do your rant on Jews again?

Old 09-27-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
OMG you are nuts. The reason that many other countries can have them is because their leaders don't make comments like "they want to wipe another country off the map". I am pretty sure if Obama went around saying he was going to wipe France off the map we would have some issue with the other nations also.
I'm not simply nuts, I am a dangerous psychotic.
You need an education about what was said in reference to "wiping Israel off the map."

The "Wipe Israel Off The Map" Hoax

I am sure you won't believe a word of it. Tell me my child, are you a Rush fan ?

Old 09-27-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yep! The evil ZOG is behind the whole thing. (Whatever that 'thing' is) Aryan brothers and sisters unite! The evil Zionists are behind it all! Wheww and whoa I says. Someone please pass the bong. (or not)
By all means, do have another toke. and another......you appear to be levitating.....up near the van allen belt. (it's a field of debris out in space.) Don't worry ! My friends from Zontar will bring you back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies