Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 08:50 PM

6 posts, read 12,970 times

Advertisements

I am constantly amazed at how many people think that it's GREAT to be a conservative. They actually brag about it sometimes.... wear it like a badge of honor or something. They should be ashamed of themselves, of backing the Republican criminals who are in politics just to line their selfish pockets and serve the rich. Shame on conservatives and the religious dumb dumbs who embrace their "conservative" credentials. SHAME.

Anyway, I think GEORGIA has got to be near the top of the Conservative list. So, if you want to live where the majority of people love going to church, think that every home should be full of guns, want to save every fetus - but kill every criminal, think that churches should receive federal funding for their programs and REALLY think that the designers of the Constitution were Fundimentalist Calvanistic Christians then you'd be RIGHT AT HOME IN GEORGIA (just pick a small town).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2007, 01:09 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
We were also looking to move within the next year. Those cities sound like I would like them and also be close to my daughter. She has always been liberal (raised in California) until I finally got her to look at what they were teaching and exposing very young children to in the schools. Now she is begging to get away from the west coast influance.
Fortunately, not all areas of California are liberal.

Old 12-25-2007, 06:10 AM

2,032 posts, read 6,891,442 times
Default You Have Said It All!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohnsn View Post
I am constantly amazed at how many people think that it's GREAT to be a conservative. They actually brag about it sometimes.... wear it like a badge of honor or something. They should be ashamed of themselves, of backing the Republican criminals who are in politics just to line their selfish pockets and serve the rich. Shame on conservatives and the religious dumb dumbs who embrace their "conservative" credentials. SHAME.

Anyway, I think GEORGIA has got to be near the top of the Conservative list. So, if you want to live where the majority of people love going to church, think that every home should be full of guns, want to save every fetus - but kill every criminal, think that churches should receive federal funding for their programs and REALLY think that the designers of the Constitution were Fundimentalist Calvanistic Christians then you'd be RIGHT AT HOME IN GEORGIA (just pick a small town).
I think it shows the sorry state of the U.S. education system today. These people don't know they are dumb. The hard working person who lives in the South has no business voting for the Republican party. They are using "religion" and "values" as a smokescreen to get elected, plus put in a little Karl Rove hate mongering for fuel. I am hoping at least here in VA we are starting a move away from these conservative devils.

Old 12-25-2007, 06:31 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
Quote:

I call them psuedo Christians, all you have to do is say "JESUS" and say those sodomite abortionists devils!

Old 12-25-2007, 07:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:

I think Georgia's neighbor to the west, Alabama, is even worse at being conservative and too right Christian while at the same time having a lower standard of living than Georgia. That's an important thing to realize about these conservative states. They always come with a standard of living that's lower than the liberal states, such as Minnesota. If it was true that being conservative was a good political policy, then conservative states would be a lot better places to live in than they are now.

One of the most amazing things about liberal states over the religious conservative states is that they seem to take Christian principles like the Ten Commandments more seriously. And so in liberal states the murder rate is lower, as well as theft. The divorce rate is lower. For instance, Massachusetts has one of the nation's lowest divorce rates. Unwed teen births are also lower in liberal states. This is why no way do I want to become a conservative. It would be too great of a shame.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:26 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,077 times
Quote:
Is this post a joke?? I certainly hope so. But somehow I think the poster is really serious. Scary!

I am amazed that people live with blinders on. That they see there way is the only way. So in your world all conservatives are stupid and should be "ashamed of themselves." How trite and small-minded.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:26 PM

22 posts, read 133,679 times
Sorry to break up this bong fest, but Conservatives are proved to be happier, wealthier, and less likely to get divorced. It's been shown in many studies. So take back all of your liberal lies and stereotyping.

BACK TO THE TOPIC

Pretty much any city in Orange County California is very conservative.

Plano, TX

Greenwich, CT

Old 12-25-2007, 07:31 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
I think it shows the sorry state of the U.S. education system today. These people don't know they are dumb. The hard working person who lives in the South has no business voting for the Republican party. They are using "religion" and "values" as a smokescreen to get elected, plus put in a little Karl Rove hate mongering for fuel. I am hoping at least here in VA we are starting a move away from these conservative devils.
I think Roanoke Va. and Charlotte NC. are pretty conservative.
What cities are most conservative is the question. Hmm.

Yet another poster who has somehow construed the question to attack conservatives and call them dumb. Is this a good way to debate? I don't think so. If you want to be able to go online and bash conservatives I hear there are a lot of sites that specialize in this.

Another brilliant thesis; "These people don't know they are dumb." Profound! Maybe those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:58 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
The conservatives aren't dumb, they're just easier to fool and lead around by the nose. The president and his cronies know this and are taking full advantage of it. Like a previous poster already stated, all you gotta do is mention the name Jesus, say something nasty about gays, and the conservatives will follow you anywhere without question.
Maybe a good way to find out which places are conservative are the ones where the people defend big oil companies and are thankful for higher prices. Or those who think it's wonderful to spend billions of dollars per month on the Iraq war while poverty in the US is on the rise.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:02 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,141,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoney View Post
Sorry to break up this bong fest, but Conservatives are proved to be happier, wealthier, and less likely to get divorced. It's been shown in many studies. So take back all of your liberal lies and stereotyping.
Those must be some exceedingly ridiculous studies. I would say that regardless of the results. It's just ridiculous either way to try to prove something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies