Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 03:42 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,671,547 times

Advertisements

yes because a child and an animal can give consent!

this argument is tired. you just showed the [shallow] depth of your thinking. you only make yourself look silly. and juvenile. children can not give consent and neither can animals. wow you really thought you had a good one there didnt you!

you are DISMISSED. the monkey bars are waiting for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Despite all the hollow warmth and fuzziness that now covers the media and news over this issue, the fact remains, in all things there is right and wrong, there is correct and incorrect and there is true and false.

What do you lose by letting a man marry 2 women? What do you personally care if your neighbor marries a child? what would you stand to lose if someone wanted to marry their sibling or an animal?

I mean if its all about love and letting others be free to do as they please, what's it to the rest of us?

Just as you probably draw the line at incest, polygamy and beastiality, some of us draw the line at same sex marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 04:01 PM

36,664 posts, read 67,579,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
yes because a child and an animal can give consent!

this argument is tired. you just showed the [shallow] depth of your thinking. you only make yourself look silly. and juvenile. children can not give consent and neither can animals. wow you really thought you had a good one there didnt you!

you are DISMISSED. the monkey bars are waiting for you.
The real shame in this post is the utter and total denial it displays.

Just as view incestuous marriages and beastiality to be wrong on many levels, there are many people out there who feel exactly the same way about gay marriage.

Of course, I don't expect a normal response, probably another insult or attempt at belittling. I mean, that's all you people seem to have to say to opponents. No substance, just flamethrowing.

Its as if The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints singlehandedly invented opposite-sex marriage and IT is the oddity-not same sex marriage.

LOL

Old 08-18-2009, 04:03 PM

36,664 posts, read 67,579,201 times
And about tax exemption.

The law states that a religious organization can spend up to 20% of its annual budget on any political issue so long as they don't endorse a specific candidate.

And so the Mormon Church would have to spend I'd guess $200-$500 Million before it broke any laws.

In the case of Prop 8, if the church spent even $500,000 I'd be surprised.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:04 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,181,360 times
If the Mormon church wants to pay taxes on all their 'income' then let them politic. Until then they need to shut up.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:10 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,580,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Once again, we're talking about a right that does not now nor ever has existed-period.

Why does it upset you when people of faith see what they believe to be crumbling morality fight to uphold one of society's most sacred and precious institutions??
This right has and does exist. In several US states and other countries.

You did not answer my question. But that is typical of some people. It does not upset me when people of faith try uphold "morality" but it does upset me when they try to go so far as to stop people who love each other from marrying and trying to get in the way of a woman and her doctor. That is where I draw the line. Your religion has no business in my life.

Signed,
A STRAIGHT female

Old 08-18-2009, 04:12 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,919,602 times
[quote=SOON2BNSURPRISE;10338905]Remember this one; Multiply and replenish the earth. Not too sure how that works with 2 people of the same sex.[/quote]

Well it isn't working with this heterosexual, married woman either as I am never having children. The couple of the same sex adopt the kids that heterosexuals didn't want. Or they find a donor/surrogate to have the child for them.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:13 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,364,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
The mormons have bowed down to the greater public sentiment more than once. Banning polygamy and letting blacks get the priesthood are two of the bigger examples. Just FYI

At the time of Polygamy the nation had no laws against it. The idea behind it has never ended. When a law was made banning the practice those that were practicing Polygamy moved to Mexico where their was no law against it. One of our beliefs is in being subject to kings, magistrates, presidents and laws of the land. Generally speaking Mormons follow the law of the land and support it. Although today it is not practiced by members of the Church it is still something that we believe is of God. As far as allowing all worthy males the opportunity to hold the Priesthood, that is something that came from a Revelation to our then Prophet Spencer W. Kimball. It was in 1979 that the revelation came about. Why bow down to anyone then and not in the 60's when the problems of race were more prevalent? The reason is that the Priesthood is Gods and he can give it to anyone he wants at any time he wants.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:17 PM

[quote=jillz;10339382]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Remember this one; Multiply and replenish the earth. Not too sure how that works with 2 people of the same sex.[/quote]

Well it isn't working with this heterosexual, married woman either as I am never having children. The couple of the same sex adopt the kids that heterosexuals didn't want. Or they find a donor/surrogate to have the child for them.
That is also a choice. You choose not to do that or you can't do it. You either follow the law or you don't. Same sex couples can not produce children on their own.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:18 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,919,602 times
[quote=SOON2BNSURPRISE;10339457]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
. You either follow the law or you don't.
What law are you talking about?

Old 08-18-2009, 04:27 PM

[quote=jillz;10339475]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post

What law are you talking about?
In a former post I mentioned to someone that in God told Adam and Eve to multiply and replenish the Earth. That is a commandment or Law that God gave to all people. He has yet to rescind that law. The point is that same sex couples can not follow that law.

Jillz was comenting that she a married woman is not having kids and same sex couples can addopt. My comment had to do with this. The law in the Bible is plain as day, multiply and replenish the Earth. You either live it or you don't.

You don't have to believe it if you don't want to. I do believe it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies