Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 12:04 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
You conveniently left out that he's also taken major hits from the radical left.
Not for praising Obama. (at least I haven't seen any)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 04:28 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Not unlike Steven Colbert.
Very unlike Steven Colbert.

Colbert is on the COMEDY CHANNEL - that should give anyone watching a clue that the show is, well, a show - an act.

O'Reilly is on FOX NEWS - that should give anyone watching a clue that what they're seeing is supposed to be for real.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:13 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,305 times
I know Bill has been getting flack from folks on this. But he shouldn't be so quick as to dismiss all of them as ideaologs. I see what he was trying to do. But Obama is the wrong example to use for kids. There are a lot of people you could have used.

The irony that struck me between the eyes is the examples of the obstacles listed that he used that tell how Obama over-came to get to where he is. Fatherlesss, black, loony mom, etc.....Why bring a baby into a situation like this? Right?

But aren't these the same obstacles that Obama and other pro-abortion groups use to justify killing a baby before it even gets a "chance" to live out its destiny? Before, it too, can be President of the united States or find a cure for cancer?

And now we want to use him as a shining example of overcoming adversity?
Remember this ad controversy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2CaBR3z85c

This was banned from TV. This is what I'm talking about. In the attempted to come across so "fair-minded" I think Bill drops his standards sometimes. Knowing how pro-life he is, I was disappointed. I still like his show.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:45 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Well, Bill is taking heat from some conservitives for having the nerve of saying something good about the President.

"Thus, our modern age presents vast challenges to children, and they need to learn lessons quickly in order to prosper. And who better to teach them than the President of the United States?"

What President Obama Can Teach Americas Kids | Parade.com

The Parade editor asked Bill:

"Why did you write the article? Given your audience and what your fans expect of you, why write something supporting Obama?"

"I don't agree with all of Obama's policies," O'Reilly said. "But I admire what he's done as a person. I came from poor circumstances and I'm impressed by how he lifted himself up. I think it's a good lesson, and children can learn from it. We should take positive examples wherever we find them."

Who is giving him heat?

Old 08-11-2009, 08:06 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Not for praising Obama. (at least I haven't seen any)
Oh, so as long as the attack lines up with your political ideology, it's okay? At least your up front about your hypocrisy.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:35 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Oh, so as long as the attack lines up with your political ideology, it's okay? At least your up front about your hypocrisy.
To clear it up -

I haven't seen him take any hits from the left for praising the President. He's taken a lot on other items and issues.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:24 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post

Faux News
Bill O'liely
Rush Limpballs
Sarah Wailin
Wingnut
Seeing these in one list is very funny.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Acknowledged or asserted?
Did you read the question? They acknowledged it and so did BillO.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:31 AM

459 posts, read 804,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Its not really their fault. They are blinded by hate. They are told what and when to think by the likes of Maddow and Olberman.

Your shepard Limbaugh preaches blinded hate everyday over the airways. You guys are just not use to losing elections for the presidency and you have no idea how to handle it. It's really funny to watch the hipocrisy of the conservatives.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:44 AM

459 posts, read 804,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I know Bill has been getting flack from folks on this. But he shouldn't be so quick as to dismiss all of them as ideaologs. I see what he was trying to do. But Obama is the wrong example to use for kids. There are a lot of people you could have used.

The irony that struck me between the eyes is the examples of the obstacles listed that he used that tell how Obama over-came to get to where he is. Fatherlesss, black, loony mom, etc.....Why bring a baby into a situation like this? Right?

But aren't these the same obstacles that Obama and other pro-abortion groups use to justify killing a baby before it even gets a "chance" to live out its destiny? Before, it too, can be President of the united States or find a cure for cancer?

And now we want to use him as a shining example of overcoming adversity?
Remember this ad controversy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2CaBR3z85c

This was banned from TV. This is what I'm talking about. In the attempted to come across so "fair-minded" I think Bill drops his standards sometimes. Knowing how pro-life he is, I was disappointed. I still like his show.

OMG!! This is pathetic!! Another perfect example of christian hipocrisy. They want to tell everybody how to live or how to believe and if you don't agree with them then your a horrible person, and could never be a positive role modle. When in the mean time they have their own priests molesting little boys everday. It shows what kind of a person you using the Molesting Catholic church as your resource.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies