Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:01 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,598,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What typical cheap Rightwingthink. You do the namecalling, but blame others for it.
Typical leftwing name calling as seen on this forum:

Faux News
Bill O'liely
Rush Limpballs
Sarah Wailin
Wingnut

And if you look, you will find other examples (Rightwingthink).

I only reply in the language that those such as you can understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ah, Democratic Party liberalism has a proud 70 year history, a tradition and ideological perspective that predates the conception of either.

Oh, spare me. Like liberalism, conservative name calling has a long tradition.
And of course, to you, this makes it okay? Or do you continue it only so you will fit in with your bigoted buddies?

Old 08-11-2009, 09:07 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,636,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Even Parade acknowledges that Faux's constant tearing down of the elected US President is a fact.

Pitiful.
Acknowledged or asserted?

Old 08-11-2009, 09:09 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,437,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I don't watch Fox News and I have never watched a complete Fox O'Reilly show - have only viewed You Tube snippets. I've seen him on 60 Minutes, The View, and a few other talk show programs, where he's always come across as opinionated, but reasonable.

I think his Fox persona is an act - one that is tailor made for Fox News viewers. He's the Alice Cooper of 24 hour cable news networks - probably can't wait until his show is over and he can become a normal person again.
Not unlike Steven Colbert.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:15 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,743,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Well, Bill is taking heat from some conservitives for having the nerve of saying something good about the President.

"Thus, our modern age presents vast challenges to children, and they need to learn lessons quickly in order to prosper. And who better to teach them than the President of the United States?"

What President Obama Can Teach Americas Kids | Parade.com

The Parade editor asked Bill:

"Why did you write the article? Given your audience and what your fans expect of you, why write something supporting Obama?"

"I don't agree with all of Obama's policies," O'Reilly said. "But I admire what he's done as a person. I came from poor circumstances and I'm impressed by how he lifted himself up. I think it's a good lesson, and children can learn from it. We should take positive examples wherever we find them."
You conveniently left out that he's also taken major hits from the radical left.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:16 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,743,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Its Billo, though. He's a lying hatemonger, right?
Only when he's conservative. when he says something good about Obama, he's taken his Fox right wing blinders off.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Only when he's conservative. when he says something good about Obama, he's taken his Fox right wing blinders off.
Isn't it astounding how when he agrees with one side he is to be respected, but if he disagrees he should be pillaried. Must be a measure of at least trying to find a balance.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:40 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,333,281 times
I read the article and found a new respect for Bill O.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:42 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,333,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Not unlike Steven Colbert.
No, Stephen Colbert does a comedy show in which he plays a conservative. Bill O IS a conservative supposedly doing a fact-based news/opinion show. They are not the same.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:44 AM

37,208 posts, read 42,474,902 times
I don't watch Bills show very often, and will never be able to forget his whole "war on Christmas" debacle, but he was on Rachel Ray's show recently and was pretty entertaining. It really makes me wonder how much of what he says he actually believes, or if it's an act for the $$.

Quote:
No, Stephen Colbert does a comedy show in which he plays a conservative. Bill O IS a conservative supposedly doing a fact-based news/opinion show. They are not the same.
If you add a laugh track to Bill O's show it would come darn close though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies