Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 05:34 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times

Advertisements

All want a national sales/VAT tax. Especially Glenn Beck. The VAT is also a preferred tax by the Obama Administration, as recommended by Paul Volcker, Obama's former economic advisor and former Federal Reserve Chairman during the Carter and Reagan administrations (succeeded by Alan Greenspan)

Obama Economic Adviser Says U.S. Should Consider 'Value-Added Tax' | Fox News

Bankster Shills GLENN BECK & BILL O'REILLY Call For MORE TAXES On The AMERICAN PEOPLE - YouTube

Didn't know Cain and Obama liked the same thing

Surprised Fox news and the GOP like the sales/VAT tax. That's what the EU and Canada already do, and the EU is going under
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 09:45 AM

What no one likes Herman Cain being exposed?

Old 10-12-2011, 09:57 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
That video is several years old (2009).

We actually have a thread discussing Cain's 999 plan over in the elections section. Not too many agree with it.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...does-mean.html

Main problem with the VAT as Cain and O'Reilly see it is adding it on top of instead of in place of a federal income tax. Cain's plan takes this country toward a European style tax structure to support our big government social programs.Cain is a ringer for the Progressive GOP powers that be.

Ron Paul 2012!

Old 10-12-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
We actually have a thread discussing Cain's 999 plan over in the elections section. Not too many agree with it.

Main problem with the VAT is adding it on top of instead of in place of a federal sales tax. Cain's plan takes this country toward a European style tax structure to support our big government social programs.

Ron Paul 2012!
Even with just a national sales tax, no one sees the implications? Liberals will start to cry it's going to hurt the poor and middle class disproportionately. So, what's the solution? Having a federal government purchasing card that will track every store you visit, every purchase you make? That's even more big government to me, but of course the people who say they don't care if the government installs a tracking device on their car without a warrant won't mind that.

By the way, national sales tax is what Canada does. New taxes does not equal reduction in deficit. Whenever government gets a new revenue stream, it is almost impossible to take it away, and the government never saves the money to pay the deficit, but instead spends it

Old 10-12-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Even with just a national sales tax, no one sees the implications? Liberals will start to cry it's going to hurt the poor and middle class disproportionately. So, what's the solution? Having a federal government purchasing card that will track every store you visit, every purchase you make? That's even more big government to me, but of course the people who say they don't care if the government installs a tracking device on their car without a warrant won't mind that.

By the way, national sales tax is what Canada does. New taxes does not equal reduction in deficit. Whenever government gets a new revenue stream, it is almost impossible to take it away, and the government never saves the money to pay the deficit, but instead spends it
I have to wonder if you watched your own posted video. Please see my typo correction as I meant to type federal income tax not sales tax. VAT and sales tax are not the same.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I have to wonder if you watched your own posted video. Please see my typo correction as I meant to type federal income tax not sales tax. VAT and sales tax are not the same.
I did see it. Sales tax would lead to VAT, it's just how this government operates. Did it just stop with the Patriot Act? Of course not, now you get groped and microwaved at the airports too. This government is very predictable, especially when the slippery slope principle is applied

Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
VAT is "painless" due to its stealth.

Sales tax is, in-your-face, assault.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:18 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
His shell game is much more attractive.

He's, like, using metalflake on his walnut shells, which gives guile a dynamic chameleon effect.

The other dope-heads still rely on camouflage.

chamillion metalflake the sickness - YouTube

Last edited by ergohead; 10-12-2011 at 10:33 AM..

Old 10-12-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
VAT is "painless" due to its stealth.

Sales tax is, in-your-face, assault.
I don't know that VAT is stealth necessarily as the cost of goods would necessarily skyrocket. That one can see the sales tax on the receipt should make little difference.

Combining state and federal tax that would put my total tax on retail purchases at about 17% or more.

Higher taxes are coming regardless who is in office and they will hit everyone, not just "the rich". Our debt is unsustainable.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:28 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,098,392 times
Cain shot himself in the foot and then he stuck it in his mouth last night...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies