Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 11:25 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,234,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Do you understand the difference between punching, kicking, pushing, and the like compared to a group of Evangelicals standing across the street from your house quietly praying? If they do something you believe to be illegal, call the police. And NO, praying is not illegal.
didnt you read the quote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 11:47 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,348,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
didnt you read the quote?
I read it and with it being out of context am not sure I understand it either. I wonder if helenejen could explain it to me. I sure hope so because, as I have told both of you, I love to talk with you two, and hope I can continue.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:42 AM

38,651 posts, read 26,457,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Lay off the drugs. They're making you and roysoldboy paranoid.

I watched a program on C-span recently that featured retired General David Palmer. He's a decorated war veteran who headed Westpoint and is now an author and historian. He spoke about the Founder's reluctance to allow a standing federal army preferring to place the responsiblity for defending the several states in the hands of the state militias. A navy did not pose the same concern since you can't overthrow the capital with a navy. This is the atmosphere of "paranoa" in which Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution was formed.

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

LII: Constitution

The Founders knew that we had external enemies, but also internal ones.

Last edited by momonkey; 08-10-2009 at 12:53 AM..

Old 08-10-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Uh, you didn't read the entirety of a 3-line quote?

"These are the same tactics that Operation Rescue used to bully and intimidate health care providers at Planned Parenthood to the point where such hatred went beyond disagreement and picketing into stalking us at home and later overt violence directed at providers like me in our own work places. As a nurse practitioner, it is unconscionable to see this level of hatred directed at a peaceable assembly of labor activists and their hosts," Lewis wrote."

I read it. I just don't happen to believe everything abortion providers accuse pro-lifers of doing.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:02 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,625,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I read it. I just don't happen to believe everything abortion providers accuse pro-lifers of doing.
Oh yeah, I heard that Paul Hill, a minister, and others like him were just figments of the imagination. Oh and atheists too!

Old 08-10-2009, 01:05 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,107,252 times
Just make sure you pack those cameras and get pictures of their license plates if possible. The left wingers have been called out by hussein obama to hit back hard. Keep in mind we have no class Chigago thugs in the white house now.

The Unions have no reason to be at any healt care town hall because hussein obama is making sure they do not have to participate.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah, I heard that Paul Hill, a minister, and others like him were just figments of the imagination. Oh and atheists too!
I've never personally witnessed any illegal forms of protest by any members of any pro-life organization. Perhaps you could provide some credible links.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:26 AM

27,221 posts, read 46,860,760 times
Exclamation SEIU...Scary Oranisation! Look at their website

SEIU - Service Employees International Union

Look at the pictures on their website and see how the people look like they are under the influence of something...indoctrinated or worse...

In Europe Unions are not what this organisation is like. This is even more scary. I never heard of Union members going to meetings and beat up people not agreeing with them and a government calling out on people to join them and paying them to attend Town Hall meetings. I know some Unions in Europe would be loud and yelling and always trying people to go on strikes if they didn't get what they want. Many employees went on strikes untl the government decided that who ever went on a strike (since it happened almost on a daily or weekly base) wouldn't get paid if the person was on strike....it showed why most people went on a strike...getting money and not work, when the government changed it, hardly any one wanted to go on a strike!

Getting paid by a union is even worse...are these people their because they believe in the cause or is it because of the easy money...I guess I know the answer!

Old 08-10-2009, 04:59 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,995,239 times
"Change that Works"

I dunno. Seems they should call it "Same that Works" as they're using the SAME tactics on black conservatives (aka Uncle Toms to the Obamatrons) as they do against scabs crossing picket lines.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:13 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,357,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
SEIU - Service Employees International Union

Look at the pictures on their website and see how the people look like they are under the influence of something...indoctrinated or worse...

In Europe Unions are not what this organisation is like. This is even more scary. I never heard of Union members going to meetings and beat up people not agreeing with them and a government calling out on people to join them and paying them to attend Town Hall meetings. I know some Unions in Europe would be loud and yelling and always trying people to go on strikes if they didn't get what they want. Many employees went on strikes untl the government decided that who ever went on a strike (since it happened almost on a daily or weekly base) wouldn't get paid if the person was on strike....it showed why most people went on a strike...getting money and not work, when the government changed it, hardly any one wanted to go on a strike!

Getting paid by a union is even worse...are these people their because they believe in the cause or is it because of the easy money...I guess I know the answer!

Union workers (and non-Union ones too), In Euorpe, shut down the whole country when they have a issue.
(State workers bring France to halt with pensions protests - Europe, World - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/state-workers-bring-france-to-halt-with-pensions-protests-593300.html - broken link) , http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...in-634745.html)

Nice try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies