Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 08:00 PM

422 posts, read 760,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
You understand that they are talking about 2008 don't you?

No. You just wanted to bash.

Thought so.

Maybe next time you'll read the article instead of the headline.

Probably not.

The keyword here is "snowballed" "SNOWBALLED"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 08:06 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,374,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
This is not Obama's economy in case you haven't noticed the Republicans have controlled what happens in congress for the last 8 years, this has snowballed on us in the worst way....Any ANY president would have a hard time fixing this country right now, we are very BROKEN.

Nope, the dems have controlled congress for 2 1/2 years and one of them was the moron who lives in the WH right now.

This is Obamas baby, in another thread the Obama robots are giving him all the credit for a one week wonder in the stock market so you cannot have it both ways.

This is his baby, his quadrupling of the debt with no results is all his.

The economy was just fine from 2000 to 2007 when the demwits took over congress. Look at the facts.

If it was so bad then why didnt Obama do something while he was a Senator? Since he seems to be able to buy his way out of anything why didnt he step up to the plate as a Senator.

Oh I forgot, you cannot do much when you vote "Sorry, I am not here folks, and I still want my paycheck for doing nothing.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:39 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,317,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Nope, the dems have controlled congress for 2 1/2 years and one of them was the moron who lives in the WH right now.

This is Obamas baby, in another thread the Obama robots are giving him all the credit for a one week wonder in the stock market so you cannot have it both ways.

This is his baby, his quadrupling of the debt with no results is all his.

The economy was just fine from 2000 to 2007 when the demwits took over congress. Look at the facts.

If it was so bad then why didnt Obama do something while he was a Senator? Since he seems to be able to buy his way out of anything why didnt he step up to the plate as a Senator.

Oh I forgot, you cannot do much when you vote "Sorry, I am not here folks, and I still want my paycheck for doing nothing.
Congress was majority Republican 1995-2007, when they all got thrown out. The economy was NOT "fine" before 2007, we have learned through about a hundred million words on the subject this year. Obama and John McCain and evidently most of Congress werent even aware of the severity of the situation before the summer of 2008 -- didnt factor it into their platforms until then. You may recall as soon as he won the election Obama got started working on the economy, six weeks before Jan 20.

Did you used to be Sunshine Chick?

Old 08-01-2009, 08:50 PM

1,254 posts, read 3,213,106 times
In truth I believe Clinton was the one that started this mess no matter what Wall St. or the Media said.I was hopping Bush would turn it around and it didn't take long to see he wasn't.

With Obama I feel we are in a Free Fall.

hillman

Old 08-01-2009, 09:04 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,317,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
In truth I believe Clinton was the one that started this mess no matter what Wall St. or the Media said.I was hopping Bush would turn it around and it didn't take long to see he wasn't.

hillman
Do you believe Phil Gramm might have had a hand in it?

We're obviously not in free fall.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:55 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,032,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
You seem to make a habit of starting threads then failing to participate in any discussion concerning your own thread. Trolling?
Casper

Old 08-01-2009, 09:58 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,834,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post

hillman
Clinton had it pointed in the right direction, and left a huge surplus - which Bush/Cheney promptly turned into the largest deficit ever; the crap was on the plate given to Obama.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:10 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,331,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
This is not Obama's economy in case you haven't noticed the Republicans have controlled what happens in congress for the last 8 years, this has snowballed on us in the worst way....Any ANY president would have a hard time fixing this country right now, we are very BROKEN.

Was the first Clinton years "his" economy or GHW Bush's?

Old 08-01-2009, 10:11 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,460,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
LOL

As Plannine has pointed out - this article is from LAST YEAR while BUSH was still President and is referring to the economy THEN.

So yeah, keeping in mind that the article you posted was referring to the economy under the BUSH ADMINISTRATION, maybe now you can understand WHY America wanted HOPE and CHANGE. In essence, what you've posted tells us that Obama INHERITED the worse economy since the Great Depression - which is what WE have be saying ALL ALONG, so thanks for proving our case.

Ken

Old 08-01-2009, 10:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,900,655 times
LOL..this country is going to go down in flames and you guys will still be pointing fingers.
Forget the past and look at TODAY people..TODAY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies