Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 02:41 PM

59,418 posts, read 27,569,237 times

Advertisements

According to the plan, Cash for Clunkers Car Buying Stimulus Program , the range is from 2 to 10 or more MPG. Not all are 10mpg.

My main point is not the plan in and of itself but, the government cannot even handle a simple billion dollar plan like this. How in the world are they going to handle a trillion dollar plan like health care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 03:33 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,909,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Do the math. The MATH. You know how to do math?

Here, I'll help you: Auto loan calculator, car loan payment calculator by Bankrate

$15,000 loan. Seven years. THIRTY PERCENT interest. $428.89 per month. Not $500 is it?

You haven't answered my question. How are you determining that those using the CARS program have less than stellar credit? HOW DO YOU KNOW? You don't. You're talking out of your behind. It doesn't matter, anyway. Someone with poor credit, who makes only $20k a year, is not going to find a loan that requires a $6+k per year payment. Ain't gonna happen.
SEVEN YEARS!!!!

Who the Hell gets a car loan for SEVEN YEARS???

Try five years,$21,000 at 8%.

Hmmm, that comes to $425/month...and full coverage insurance....and more taxes...

As to who is trading in clunkers....well most people don't drive clunkers if they don't have to.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:35 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,909,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Seems foolish TO YOU. I guess being a crying, whining, sore loser makes that difficult.

Ten MPG difference. Ten MPG. Get it? Oh, never mind...Murphy's Law an' all...
Again IF the purpose is to remove old gas guzzling cars,why put restrictions on which old gas guzzling cars can be traded in???

The object is to get polluting,gas guzzlers gone....but then the fedgov. puts a lot of restrictions in place....makes little sense.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:09 AM

26 posts, read 38,670 times
This thread is a little old but here goes anyway,
We have a 1994 saturn that drinks alot of oil now but still gets 40 miles to a gallon of gas. So I ask why all the pats on the backs of the makers of these so called BETTER Millage cars today that get maybe 30 miles a gallon? Whoopie. I'll keep my oil guzzling JUNKER thanks.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:47 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,582,787 times
The average length of a new car loan is 71 months which is absurd, and the average transaction price of a new car sold last year was just over $31,000, which tells me that lots of folks paid way too much for their new cars in 2013.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:55 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,405,267 times
cash for clunkers was based on the idea that we could improve the economy by destroying useful assets. It was a good example of 'your brain on liberalism.'

Old 02-11-2014, 04:04 AM

37,962 posts, read 17,939,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
cash for clunkers was based on the idea that we could improve the economy by destroying useful assets. It was a good example of 'your brain on liberalism.'
And of course the middle and lower income brackets got hurt the most. Less used cars means higher prices for the ones that are still on the market.
Every time we hear "it's good for the economy" the lower and middle class get kicked in the teeth. Great idea to have the ones who ruined the economy try and fix it.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:48 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,338,832 times
Obamacare will not only be known as the biggest scam FORCED on the American people but it will bankrupt hospitals, doctors and individuals.

If Obama has his name on it like OBAMA CLUNKERS or OBAMA CARE you can bet it will go bankrupt in no time unless all those bad rich people bail his sorry butt out even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies