Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 01:14 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,912,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
LMAO! $500+ per month? That would be a BMW or Lexus or Mercedes. Who on earth is going to lend money for a Mercedes to someone making $20k a year? How 'bout you? Wanna lend Fred fifty grand?
You obviously haven't bought a car recently...do you think the people trading in clunkers also have perfect credit?

Quote:
Your claim of motivation is equally nutty. Why would anyone willfully sell cars that they know will be repossessed in less than a year? What've you been smokin'?
You mean like all those people who got sub prime mortgages????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 01:16 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,358,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
It is just as bad as the Democrat led sub-prime. I am sure that Fred who makes $20,000 a year and drives the 20 year old clunker worth $500 for parts can really now afford that $500.00+ new car payment. Give me a break! Look into the details of the program, it is just a way to give out cars that will be repossessed in less than a year.
I am hoping for a good deal on a repo.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:17 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,548,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why are you lying?
It is not about getting such vehicles off the road,otherwise there would not have been so many restrictions upon the year of vehicles put in place.
Are the vehicles secretly being put back on the road?

You guys are really something. When the stimulus passed, those on the right complained that the bill wasn't stimulative. The CARS program has been very stimulative, and you are complaining about that, too. It just shows that you care nothing about your country. You only care about winning. Sore losers. All of you. Pathetic.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Are the vehicles secretly being put back on the road?

You guys are really something. When the stimulus passed, those on the right complained that the bill wasn't stimulative. The CARS program has been very stimulative, and you are complaining about that, too. It just shows that you care nothing about your country. You only care about winning. Sore losers. All of you. Pathetic.
Because for some reason the fedgov. decided vehicles that actually ARE polluting and ARE gas guzzlers and SHOULD most likely be removed did not meet the grade.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
You obviously haven't bought a car recently...do you think the people trading in clunkers also have perfect credit?
I bought a new Road King two weeks ago. You obviously are talking out of your behind.

Do you determine someone's credit rating by the car they drive? I don't know any bank that does so. Why do you? Stereotyping? Generalizing?

$500+ per month. Do the math.

Quote:
You mean like all those people who got sub prime mortgages????
Irrelevant. Try to stick to the topic at hand.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Because for some reason the fedgov. decided vehicles that actually ARE polluting and ARE gas guzzlers and SHOULD most likely be removed did not meet the grade.
The World According to Oz.

Whine, whine, whine. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The difference between the trade-ins and new cars is almost ten MPG. That's a success. That you can't handle success from this administratrion is a personal problem.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I bought a new Road King two weeks ago. You obviously are talking out of your behind.

Do you determine someone's credit rating by the car they drive? I don't know any bank that does so. Why do you? Stereotyping? Generalizing?
Sigh...when you have less than stellar credit you cannot get a good interest rate...when that happens you end up paying more per month for the vehicle.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
The World According to Oz.

Whine, whine, whine. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The difference between the trade-ins and new cars is almost ten MPG. That's a success. That you can't handle success from this administratrion is a personal problem.
The stated purpose WAS to get gas guzzlers off the road right?
So restricting what can be traded in for the credit to only newer vehicles seems....foolish.

I guess you being an Obamabot makes this difficult....

Old 08-04-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Sigh...when you have less than stellar credit you cannot get a good interest rate...when that happens you end up paying more per month for the vehicle.
Do the math. The MATH. You know how to do math?

Here, I'll help you: Auto loan calculator, car loan payment calculator by Bankrate

$15,000 loan. Seven years. THIRTY PERCENT interest. $428.89 per month. Not $500 is it?

You haven't answered my question. How are you determining that those using the CARS program have less than stellar credit? HOW DO YOU KNOW? You don't. You're talking out of your behind. It doesn't matter, anyway. Someone with poor credit, who makes only $20k a year, is not going to find a loan that requires a $6+k per year payment. Ain't gonna happen.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
The stated purpose WAS to get gas guzzlers off the road right?
So restricting what can be traded in for the credit to only newer vehicles seems....foolish.

I guess you being an Obamabot makes this difficult....
Seems foolish TO YOU. I guess being a crying, whining, sore loser makes that difficult.

Ten MPG difference. Ten MPG. Get it? Oh, never mind...Murphy's Law an' all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies