Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,978,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
being a bit anal aren't we? Recovery meant as a segment of the market, you know, housing, retail, jobs etc...
No I don't think so. This recession is not like the others in past years.
Foreclosures, bankruptcies, mass layoffs. This one will take a long time in recovery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 10:27 PM

79 posts, read 44,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
New jobless claims rise to 554K, total rolls fall - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090723/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/us_economy - broken link)

What was that obama said about a "brink" and "rescue"?
For people who claim they want government out of their lives, they sure seem to want them to fix everything huh?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,790,599 times
LOL, so what happens when job losses STOP (because you know they will stop, right) and we start gaining jobs?

Why dont you guys understand that recessions are natural and take on its natural course? We will start gaining jobs approx 6-12 months afrer the recession has passed.

So will Obama be responsible for the new jobs in a year or two? LOL. No matter what, the economy will naturally improve under Obama so you wingnuts are out of luc. Pin it on him all you want but in year 2-3 of Obama's term, he will be responsible for the growing economy right?! The economy will grow within 4 years, under his watch.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:36 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,264,145 times
Quote:
Oh please. For 8 long years the Left actively cheered for Bush's to fail. They even tried sacrificing victory in Iraq for political gain.
"victory is an Iraq" is an oxymoron.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:44 PM

29,920 posts, read 39,654,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Give him time. He needs more time.

Lets at least wait until everyone has lost their homes, filed for bankruptcy and have exhausted all savings and retirements.

Then Obama will say, look what I did!

We have created a trillion new 5.00 per hour jobs.

This has to be the worst economic time in recent history and its all happening under OBAMAS WATCH and the DEMS CONTROL OF CONGRESS.

Obama will surpass Carter as the worst economic President ever.
At least we're going into massive debt for it.

Quote:
In addition to projecting unemployment over 10% in the coming months, they also projected no net new jobs over the next five years.
The Press Conference President Obama Could Give - HUMAN EVENTS

Old 07-24-2009, 10:44 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,388,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
But you're not actively seeking failure of the US by your every-other-day posting of negative economic news.
Huge difference, we see economic failure happening and we cannot do a thing and many liberals underminded our troops for their own personal gain to see Bush fail, thus not caring about the troops.

Perfect example is Jack Murtha who used the troops for his own political gain and ended up calling them killers when they were not, thus he put the lives of ALL our troops in harms way just by saying what he said.

Sanrene, I or anyone else can make comments we feel are right and they do not hurt or put anyone in harms way at all.

Negative economic news is truthful and factual, what is wrong with posting the facts? You do not want to see it posted that Obama and this congress is causing this mess and you want us to not post about it?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:50 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,388,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
At least we're going into massive debt for it.

The Press Conference President Obama Could Give - HUMAN EVENTS

Most people would not mind some debt to create jobs but in this case the debt has not created any net jobs but has created a negative amount of jobs.

I still cannot get anyone to answer two of my questions.

1. Did Obama not say that he would run the WH like we have to run our household budget?

2. Give me one important item Obama has done that has helped all Americans in 7 months.

I heard today that a local company in my home town where my parents live is filing bankruptcy next week, 4 years ago they had 800 employees, now down to 50 employees are going under. Sad.

I drove by a smaller branch local bank today and saw at least 40 cars in their lot with for sale signs on them. I have never seen this before where the bank parking lot looks like a car lot.

I believe this economy is worse then when Carter was in office and I believe it is going to get even worse.

Stop the wasteful spending because it is not doing anyone any good at all.

Record bankruptcies and foreclosures again in July.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:55 PM

29,920 posts, read 39,654,300 times
Wait till the commercial real estate collapses. Many RE companies ran massive debts assuming they would always be able to make it up by either selling or expanding. This cycle will be like evolution right after a 1 mile wide meteor hit the earth. The bigger they are the faster they'll die.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:58 PM

89,896 posts, read 45,615,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Wait till the commercial real estate collapses. Many RE companies ran massive debts assuming they would always be able to make it up by either selling or expanding. This cycle will be like evolution right after a 1 mile wide meteor hit the earth. The bigger they are the faster they'll die.
Option ARMs will implode shortly, as well. And everyone thought the subprime implosion was bad. Wait. It'll get much, much worse.

"...it’s very hard to refi out of this kind of mortgage because while the house’s value has likely plummeted (most of these loans were made in bubbly states like CA, FL, and AZ) the balance of the loan has actually grown 15-25%."

Includes charts and graphs:
Option ARMageddon » Blog Archive » 60 Minutes on Option ARMs + scary charts

Given the impending CRE and Option ARM implosion, a recovery? Um. No.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:15 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,248,915 times
Quote:
Facts are facts, as well as statistics.

You would rather keep people in the dark I suppose?
Jeez. Are you completely incapable of following an analogy?

Facts were facts back during the Bush Administration, too. So why did the right accuse the left of wanting the US to fail in Iraq just by pointing them out? Were you in favor of keeping people in the dark back then?

Left points out failures in Iraq = Left wants America to fail in Iraq

Sanrene constantly points out failures in economy = Sanrene wants American economy to fail.

Do you see? Finally? It's like explaining a joke with some people. It just isn't worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies