Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 02:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Or peeing on each other!
Guess you better call the mayor of San Francisco and complain. I'm sure he'll take you seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 02:59 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Quote:
Or peeing on each other!

Of course we all know that happens at Mardi Gras too.
I had an ex who wanted to pee on me. I was like "oh hell no!"

Old 07-20-2009, 03:25 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,416,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
you said it was a public place, and it's not. also, they weren't walking, they were kissing. if the church doesn't want them kissing on their property, that's up to them. it's private property.
It is a plaza, unenclosed and open to the public and therefor a "public space" though privately owned. It is a part of Main Street purchased by that temple. goggle earth "Main St, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah 84103" for a look see. For some reason that hit will put you right over the mormon temple.

In most municipalities, a resturant is considered a "public space" as well.

This protest is over two men who "exchanged a kiss" while cutting through the plaza on the way home from a concert eleven days before this "kiss-in". The were handcuffed and arrested by church security.

Now, considering the lack of credibility for both the Church of Latter Day Saints AND activists of any nature, I doubt we will have the whole, complete, honest story of that first incident.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Or peeing on each other!

Of course we all know that happens at Mardi Gras too.
Again, this event is a fetish event, a subculture of the GLBT community just as the hetero community has our own "fetishers".

"Golden showers" are a fetish that can be found among gays and straights alike.

I make no excuse for the behavior conducted as this event. I am merely pointing out how short sighted and narrow minded, not to mention completly inaccurate, it is to attempt to connect this event with the GLBT community en whole.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I agree with constitutional republic. As well as most of your other points.

Disapproval of gays went down to about 40% in the most recent polls. And a lot of people who disapprove sometimes dislike the "sexual aspects" but will still have respect for the person......
Thank you.

The plain fact that the US is a Constitutional Republic has become lost in this era of partisan bickering.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:13 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times
Quote:
Isn't that precious, stealing the hearts of men demonstrating to the world "they" are just like us!

N O T I C E

Please Read Carefully

You are about to view the zombietime report about the 2008 Up Your Alley Fair in San Francisco. The fair is supported with San Francisco tax dollars with cops assigned and official street closures. It's a "community event".

This report contains photographs and descriptions of extreme sexual behavior performed in public that some viewers may find disturbing.

Two versions of this report have been made available:

The "full" version of the report contains the complete, unedited and uncensored photographs.

The "blurred" version of the report contains photographs that have been partially blurred to obscure the more explicit components of each image.

Note that the captions remain exactly the same in both versions, and that this text is also somewhat explicit, since it describes the action in the photographs.

Take a moment to decide which version you would like to view. Please be aware that when we say "explicit" and "extreme," we are not exaggerating.

Mod cut-link disabled-If you would like to view the site originally posted here, search "Up Your Alley 2008" I am sure you will be able to find it
Yep , just normal loving couples seeking the same rights as everyone else , who just want to be left alone. I say call in an air strike , time to turn that whole area into a distant memory.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yep , just normal loving couples seeking the same rights as everyone else , who just want to be left alone. I say call in an air strike , time to turn that whole area into a distant memory.
Yes, pesky people who like sex. Get rid of the whole lot of those straight perverts who like to have sex.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Again, this is a "fair" for a subculture, people who enjoy certain fetishes.

It does not represent the vast majority of the GLBT community (or even a significant minority) who, indeed, wish to enjoy the same rights and privlages like we heteroes,a dn tob e left alone.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Again, this is a "fair" for a subculture, people who enjoy certain fetishes.

It does not represent the vast majority of the GLBT community (or even a significant minority) who, indeed, wish to enjoy the same rights and privlages like we heteroes,a dn tob e left alone.
Oh come on! You know all those gays are perverts, they all do sick things to each other. Like......oral sex. Oh god, just the thought of it, I have to go wash myself, I feel dirty.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:38 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Oh come on! You know all those gays are perverts, they all do sick things to each other. Like......oral sex. Oh god, just the thought of it, I have to go wash myself, I feel dirty.
Are you saying the rally would be more appropriate over at Oral Roberts' place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies