Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:42 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,265,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Laughter is not always sign of having a sense of humor.""

OP is a great example!

"""In your case pointing out that you think someones participation and ideas
are unworthy or not up to your standards and chuckling about that is a sign of something else."""

You got THAT from the post of mine you quoted??? WOW! Talk about spinning!

Your post was a riot. But not in a good way.
""Your post was a riot. But not in a good way""

So you DO have the problem you accuse me of having(with no proof or facts)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 07:46 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,181,374 times
Grim.

The very existence of TOTUS is hilarious! I laugh to tears.

Barack Obama's Teleprompter's Blog

Quote:
Reflections from the hard drive of the machine that enables the voice of the Leader of the Free World
Quote:
Okay, I'm back in the White House after one of my more embarrassing moments. These kinds of gaffes have been happening all too frequently, and I have my suspicions. Usually, Big Guy will be reading too slowly or my operator - who has only to keep the text moving across my screen at a reasonable rate ... it's not rocket science - won't be paying attention to the text and will be scrolling too slowly.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:50 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,248,915 times
Remember how Bush's speeches had to have phonetic spellings of unfamiliar words? That was funny.

See how wingnuts think a President using a teleprompter is news? That's funny, too.

Watching the triviots ride this issue into the ditch? Really funny.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:53 AM

I don't remember that? Got a link?

When you have Politico and other news organizations reporting/commenting/laughing about it - it's not just wingnuts.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I don't remember that? Got a link?

When you have Politico and other news organizations reporting/commenting/laughing about it - it's not just wingnuts.
Here you go.

Quote:
Bush's text also had to be loaded onto a teleprompter to appear on screens in front of the podium as he spoke.
Selective memory is funny, too. (and Politico is right-wing)

Old 04-28-2009, 09:48 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,260,165 times
President Obama has more important work to do than worry about how his damn teleprompter works, the OP has nothing better to do than whine about petty crap regarding the President.

Quote:
Among a whole laundry list of things the right has decided to just start caring about - like, say, executive power - is, unexpectedly, the President’s rhetorical image. When President Obama paused yesterday, mid-speech, to wait for the teleprompter to catch up, conservative message boards lit up with delight and a surprising degree of schadenfreude:

I’ll be the first to argue that a President’s speaking abilities ought to matter. In fact, while Obama remains one of the best speakers in recent memory when it comes to grandoise events of state (inauguration, nomination, etc.), his off-the-cuff, daily speaking style still leaves some to be desired.
More

Old 04-28-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Selective memory is funny, too. (and Politico is right-wing)
Politico is former Washington Poster's - left-wing.

I can understand bush needing that at the UN - with all those funny names and countries.

However, he surely did not need TOTUS every friggin time he had something to say - like obama, the TOTUS POTUS.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
However, he surely did not need TOTUS every friggin time he had something to say - like obama, the TOTUS POTUS.
Prove it. People are tired of simplistic blathering, and anti-American propaganda, and worn-out opinions with no basis. Provide some proof.

Specter has left the GOP because it's being run by lunatic right-wingers, of which the OP is a prime example. He won't really change his voting pattern, so that doesn't help the Dems directly, but the American voter will see his departure as further proof that the fringe right is no place for a thoughtful American. The country is leaving the idiots behind.

And it couldn't happen to a nicer poster.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Prove it. People are tired of simplistic blathering, and anti-American propaganda, and worn-out opinions with no basis. Provide some proof.
All you have to do is watch the TV when the fool is on (the media televises every speech, you know) - when you see that head going back and forth like he's watching a tennis match - TOTUS is on board.

Really quite simple - but I don't suspect you will even believe your eyes.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
All you have to do is watch the TV when the fool is on (the media televises every speech, you know) - when you see that head going back and forth like he's watching a tennis match - TOTUS is on board.

Really quite simple - but I don't suspect you will even believe your eyes.
I didn't ask for proof that he used a teleprompter. I asked for proof that he depended upon it more than any other president.

You are amazing at setting up lose-lose situations, and then jumping up and down like an excited monkey when your target falls into either category. Are you seriously proposing that our President spend his time memorizing speeches? No, you're not. You're just happy when you have poo to fling.

Keep it up, wingnuts - you're losing big time, and your tactics are the reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies