Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 07:29 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,392,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Try going for days on end with little or no sleep .... and then get back to me on how well you can speak. Until then ... you are totally clueless about this.

I know what it is like to go without sleep for days on end because of a medical condition I used to have. It makes it nearly impossible to think and speak in coherent sentences. I could barely function at my job. I can completely relate to Obama's circumstance.

Obama just finished his 100 days in office Press Conference ... and he did a superb job answering questions.

Maybe you should watch it?

You might actually get to hear what an intelligent president sounds like?

You certainly didn't have that chance during the previous 8 years!
Thanks for proving my point. If Obama can't handle the job, move on. I'm not asking an average Joe to be President, I'm looking for someone exceptional. I'm pretty useless when I'm sleep deprived but there are plenty of people who aren't. Many of our troops deploy overseas working 18 hour days for months on end and they manage to operate effectively.

I don't need excuses from a President, I need exceptionalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 07:41 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,883,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post

Bravo! Bravo! EXCELLENT! Very well said!

Rep to you!

Old 04-29-2009, 08:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,011,457 times
Was TOTUS there tonight?

Old 04-29-2009, 09:59 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,392,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Was TOTUS there tonight?
He was reading. It was abundantly apparent. And that's the problem. His speeches should not be completely scripted (no politician's should) rather he should just have notes his teleprompter. He should be familiar enough with his subject to speak to it naturally and only refer to notes to cite specific facts and to serve as an outline on what he is going to talk about.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:50 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,291,921 times
Quote:
Thanks for proving my point. If Obama can't handle the job, move on. I'm not asking an average Joe to be President, I'm looking for someone exceptional. I'm pretty useless when I'm sleep deprived but there are plenty of people who aren't. Many of our troops deploy overseas working 18 hour days for months on end and they manage to operate effectively.

Did you vote for Bush?

Old 04-30-2009, 05:27 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,182,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Did you vote for Bush?
This is the second great post of the day and I haven't finished my 1st cup of coffee yet!

Great zinger but you have to agree in some ways bushy was "exceptional"...not in a good way, but exceptional....

Old 04-30-2009, 12:40 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,996,986 times
Quote:

So how exactly is Obama an "average Joe" ?

Does your typical "average Joe" graduate Magna C-u-m-Laude from Harvard Law School?

Do you even know what graduating Magna C-u-m-Laude means?

So ... I see you admit "sleep deprivation" can make it difficult to do your job.

Is Obama supposed to be some sort of "super-human" where lack of sleep should not affect him?

You throw "facts" about our troops around concerning sleep. Do you have any proof? Can you name a specific soldier who went with no sleep for days on end and his ability to do his job was not affected in any way? Making up "facts" on the fly doesn't make them "factual".

Why did you ignore my request in Post# 90 (see below)???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Try giving me a more recent example of a well rested Obama having speaking difficulties ... and not one from the final days of his campaign, when he was constantly traveling all over the country, and was running on little or no sleep.
Is it because YOU CAN'T FIND ANY???

SANRENE (the OP) has also IGNORED this same request! I asked SANRENE multiple times in several posts with NO REPSONSE!

Old 04-30-2009, 12:50 PM

749 posts, read 948,206 times

Old 04-30-2009, 01:00 PM

749 posts, read 948,206 times

Old 04-30-2009, 02:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,011,457 times
Quote:
Does your typical "average Joe" graduate Magna C-u-m-Laude from Harvard Law School?

Do you even know what graduating Magna C-u-m-Laude means?
Since obama has never released ANY of his school transcripts or records, we really have no idea.

Quote:
SANRENE (the OP) has also IGNORED this same request! I asked SANRENE multiple times in several posts with NO REPSONSE!
I have responded to you. All you have to do is go on Youtube, search for obama and they will all come up. Why should I do your work for you? Typical liberal mentality.

It is just a fact you cannot escape - he is THE teleprompter president - he can't even give opening remarks without TOTUS. He uses it for every event. That has never happened before.

Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies