Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2009, 08:28 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,294,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
This "food aggressive" stuff is just silly talk from so-called pet trainers or animal "psychologists". LOL

YouTube - Dogo Argentino vs. Boar 1 12.04.08
Why are you posting this disgusting video? My only guess is that it gives you some kind of thrill.

And yes, you know so much more than the veterinarian, whose article I posted.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:32 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,635,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Why are you posting this disgusting video? My only guess is that it gives you some kind of thrill.

And yes, you know so much more than the veterinarian, whose article I posted.
Your veterinarian is just plain dumb if he thinks "food aggressive" applies to pit bull breeding.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Your veterinarian is just plain dumb if he thinks "food aggressive" applies to pit bull breeding.
Thanks for proving my point that people who hate pit bulls simply want to hate them, and have no interest in understanding the facts. The link I posted was not from MY veterinarian--which you would know if you had bothered to read it.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:48 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,635,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Thanks for proving my point that people who hate pit bulls simply want to hate them, and have no interest in understanding the facts. The link I posted was not from MY veterinarian--which you would know if you had bothered to read it.
I never said I hated pit bulls. I have never owned one, but have spent some time around them as pets with no problems.

But I AM stating facts about their breeding that you cannot change. I am not advocating any actions but sheer caution instead.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:13 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,444,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Sounds like that young boy and your niece have bad parents. Are they just dumb or what? Maybe child services should look into it.
That young boy (Trever) and my nieces have different parents. My nieces are not permitted to go to that boy's house for obvious reasons. They have also been instructed to stay away from all pit bulls and other large dogs. They have also been taught what a pit bull looks like so there isn't any confusion. As for Trever's parents, I would agree that anyone who is sufficiently brain dead so as to allow a pit bull within a mile of a child should be investigated by child protective services. I also believe that anyone who wants a pit bull should go through a background check to see if they are felons or insane much the same way we issue CCWs. I further believe that if you actually desire to own a pit bull, that should be all the evidence needed to exclude you from owning such a dog based on your clear lack of rational ability.
Like I said, you can't reason with these glassy eyed defectives. They seem to be missing the gene the rest of us have that allows us to understand how stupid it is to even want one of these animals in the first place.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I never said I hated pit bulls. I have never owned one, but have spent some time around them as pets with no problems.

But I AM stating facts about their breeding that you cannot change. I am not advocating any actions but sheer caution instead.
Read the article, please.

Should we also exercise caution with beagles and pomeranians? The article I posted indicates that in 2006 one person was killed by a beagle and another by a pomeranian. The point being: caution should be exercised with regard to ALL dogs.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:20 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,933,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
The owner's fault-BS. I knew a women who managed a dog kennel for 6 years. The 2 serious attacks on staff both came from pits. One pit who was owned by a little old lady(hardly a bad irresponsible owner) suddenly turned on and bit the in-house groomer while the dog was being bathed. The dog had been coming to the kennel for years, had a caring owner and the dog attacked without being provoked.

The second incident, again it was customary that the dog recieve a bath on the day before pick-up if the owner paid for it. The pit bit the hell out of a part time kennel worker, unprovoked.

It was the only breed that was muzzled while it recieved grooming, they are just to damn unpredictable.
Check the blood lines then. I have owned Pits and the ones I had were the most docile ones and I have friends who have them and never one iota of problem. It is like blaming the damn Python because it eats a little child. The idiot people allowed it to happen.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:22 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,933,784 times
Quote:

Caution is good, but it is also good when around any animal, especially the human animal, which happens to be the most unpredicatable of all.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Check the blood lines then. I have owned Pits and the ones I had were the most docile ones and I have friends who have them and never one iota of problem. It is like blaming the damn Python because it eats a little child. The idiot people allowed it to happen.
In total agreement.

People seldom want to assign the responsibility to the owner. They prefer to demonize the animal. It's just so much easier. Unless the owner is a monster or a dog fighter, of course. Every other kind of irresponsible behavior on the part of the typical owner is ignored. The problem is that most people don't have a clue about how dogs think or how to properly raise and train a puppy. As one trainer told me: "Oh, it's easy to train the dogs. It's training the owners that's the difficult part."

Old 04-25-2009, 09:27 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,444,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda_Cooperstone1 View Post
ok here is a true attack story for you. One day a little boy and a little girl were sitting in the livingroom eating breakfast watch saturday morning cartoons with their family dog sitting on the floor with them. It was a purebred husky, beautiful dog, the sweetest pet anyone could ask for. They raised him from puppy and loved and treated that dog like any other member of the family, the dog never so much as nipped at anyone or growled. In fact it was the worst guard dog because it liked all guests.

So when the little girl brought her bowl into the kitchen then returned to livingroom to watch her cartoon, she accidentally nelt on the dogs tail, freaking the dog out, the dog turned and gave a warning growl. (just to say hey you hurt my tail, which he had never done before either) while in the process his teeth got caught on the corner of the girls eye and when the dog moved his head it ripped that half of her face off. It literally pealed back the skin, she had hundreds of stitches, This was my husbands sister.

It does not matter what bred the dog is, attacks happen some accidentally, some out of fear and some because they were raised by an idiot who should not have a dog in the first place, and does not know better.

I think people just love to find something to ****** about and this is one of them. Yes there are bad dogs, there are bad people too, there are bad cats for crying out loud. I know I saw one attack a 10yr old girl when all she did was walk in its path.

Are you seriously asserting the dog accidentally ripped the girls face off?
I limited my subject to pit bulls because they are by far more dangerous than any other dog and the one breed that can kill just about anything it wants. I personally wouldn't allow any large dogs around small children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies