Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:30 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,112,898 times

Advertisements

What is up with this ???? Are the after thanksgiving sales really worth killing a person over???
Come on people,smarten up a bit.

Surging shoppers kill New York Wal-Mart worker | U.S. | Reuters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 10:43 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,382,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
What is up with this ???? Are the after thanksgiving sales really worth killing a person over???

No way would I go out there with all those nuts, what a shame someone dies over such a stupid thing as shopping.

Old 11-28-2008, 10:49 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,112,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
No way would I go out there with all those nuts, what a shame someone dies over such a stupid thing as shopping.
Man,you got that right.

Those women will just bull your azz right out of the way with a shopping cart.Madness!

It is a shame a person just trying to earn a dollar was the victim here.Very sad.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:10 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,685,675 times
I worked at a large retail establishment a few years ago, and black friday is quite possibly one of the scariest parts of the year. We had people lined up at 5am (mind you, this was a big box home improvement store) and slamming on the doors by 5:30. They rushed in and immediately started destroying our store... we must have marked down $3000 worth of dented/destroyed/mutilated merchandise from people just throwing stuff on the floor, or stepping on things in their rush. I've been threatened with jail time by a customer (because we ran out of lcd tvs....) I've had things thrown at me (a tool belt, because it didn't have a price tag and she was in a hurry) and have been elbowed in the side/back/front more times than I can count. Luckily, I'm not in retail anymore and I really have supreme empathy for those that have to work today

Old 11-28-2008, 11:23 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,044,955 times
It seems like killing people is the all American way.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:25 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,251,223 times
Americans at their finest.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:00 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,273,661 times
A woman was injured last year at WM. Isn't Sam's Club a division of WM? WM is already trying to blame the temp agency for the death so they won't be sued. Responsible businesses in our area handed out numbers to shoppers, first in line, first to shop. I'm so glad we kept WM out of our neighborhood.
Clip:
On Friday, Wal-Mart released a statement saying that the man who was killed had been working for Wal-Mart through a temp agency. The company called the death “a tragic situation,” and said it was working with police.

“The safety and security of our customers and associates is our top priority,” Wal-Mart said in a statement.

Last edited by tigerlily; 11-28-2008 at 12:12 PM..

Old 11-28-2008, 12:09 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,527,834 times
"The safety and security of our customers and associates is our top priority,” Wal-Mart said in a statement. "Until such time as all the hubbub over this temp guy somehow getting killed dies down, at which point we'll go back to having bigger fish to fry."

Not sure if they actually said that last part, but it doesn't really matter much one way or the other...

Old 11-28-2008, 12:10 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,813,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
“The safety and security of our customers and associates is our top priority,” Wal-Mart said in a statement.

Goebbels-talk. Their priority is profit.

And what's with this "associate" business? Seems the less a person is paid and the lousier they're treated the more likely their boss is to call them an "associate" rather than an "employee".

Old 11-28-2008, 12:11 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,063,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post

This is outrageous! Good thing I never go shopping the weekend after Thanksgiving ... I guess now it is hazardous to your health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies