Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2009, 09:43 AM

1,067 posts, read 2,981,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Would really prefer that you read the stats I included in the OP before resorting to personal attacks on those who have done their homework.

If you have stats that contradict those, I would love to see them.
For the record, that kid hadn't done enough homework... or something. He was talking presumptuous trash and needed to be put in his place. You can't relate to people in his manner and expect to be treated like a prince in return.

And I did read your stats, and already debunked them. Please respond to those posts of mine and then this discussion can have a point from which to continue to more than grating repetition. I even gave the repetition a chance, but it just remained repetitive.

Really, your lack of receptiveness isn't on that other loon's low level, but it's still getting old.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:47 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,044,267 times
Pit bulls should be banned along with other biting breeds.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:52 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,690,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
so you're arguing for an across-the board ban of dogs, then?

Old 08-06-2009, 10:06 AM

459 posts, read 805,629 times
Quote:
She might do some sutraction from your family too. Be sure to get back to us when you have one of the "never did that before" stories.

The people in Eastpoint had a family dog that would slobber you to death also.

There are lots of other stories about family pit bulls that turn on their owners without warning.

And their are millions of stories of people owning a pit bull for it's whole life without any problems, so do your math if you can.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
I'm so sorry. Did I take away your best arguments?

My fears?

I'm not the punk hiding behind a dog.

I guess i'm a punk hiding behind my pit bull that is a therapy dog at El Camino hospital. I trained him to be a therapy dog so I could look tough walking through the hospital with my certified therapy pit bull dog.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:16 AM

i see people all the time, with dogs of all kinds of aggressive temperaments, who are blind to their dogs' obvious aggression. from little toy dogs to big bruisers. they love the dog and they make excuses for it, or blame other dogs who respond, or just ignore it (pretty common among small dog owners especially).

i'd guess that most of the people who SAY that the dog was a "beloved family pet" are right - they loved the dog. that doesn't mean the dog didn't show signs of aggression that they could have dealt with. that doesn't mean they trained or socialized the dog properly. that doesn't mean they aren't glossing over previous less severe incidents that they have rationalized.

i'm sure it happens that an apparently nice dog just "snaps" one day, but i'm willing to bet money that it's not nearly as often as people say that their dog who attacked was a beloved family pet who wouldn't hurt a fly.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:20 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,812,039 times
Yea and what's up with the idea you propose of being ashamed of having a dog to hide behind? There are some mean-ass people in this world and if my sweet little angel dog's appearance keeps them from breaking into my house I consider that a plus.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:21 AM

bringing up my sister's dog bite again, that dog bit people several times.

he used to run all over the neighborhood - in fact we petted him and played with him.

the first time, it was a teenager and the owners said that it was because the teen was throwing rocks at the dog.

the second time, it was an adult jogging by and they said he was scarred by the abuse from the teen.

the owners were ordered to keep the dog controlled after that, and they kept him in a tiny cement enclosure 24/7.

the third time, he busted out and mauled my sister. the owners said he never did anything like this before - yeah he never attacked a child before.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:22 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,639,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
ALL dogs will bite, under the right circumstances. It's a matter of training, not the particular breed. Just because you cut a poodle's hair in a poofy way and it looks silly rather than vicious, that doesn't mean it won't bite you if you wave your hand in front of its face long enough.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Would really prefer that you read the stats I included in the OP before resorting to personal attacks on those who have done their homework.

If you have stats that contradict those, I would love to see them.

Your right looking up stats on dogbitelaw.com and watching judge judy is totally doing your homework on pit bulls. Nevermind having actual personal experience with the breed. We should all get rid of our pit bulls because of homework done on dogbitelaw.com If you think you have such amazing resources why are you on here, shouldn't you be contacting your local rep to get these dogs banned. YOu can give them all the amazing homework you have done on dogbitelaw.com and all the court dramas you stay home and record. If you really thought you had a good case you wouldn't be on here you would be actually trying to change things and ban the breed!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies