Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:37 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,457,926 times

Advertisements

I hope that if Phillips and his wife get to meet the president, she b___h slaps him for waiting till the last possible second to rescue her husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

29,920 posts, read 39,583,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Sorry but I don't have squirrels running around in my bell tower, so explain to me who "TOLD" the President of the United States of America that he had to sign the orders you mention???

Mighty funny that the petulant criticism from many here was that in some way the President would do back flips for the pirates and get the American captain killed.

Now, that they sit around with mush on their faces, it'll be a day or two before they can spin it to try to make the President look like he did not set the tone and direction to HIS military commanders concerning the scope and options of this mission.
Any glory goes to the captain that gave his life for his crew and the sharp shooters that had a 100% kill rate in the most stressful of time. The president did his job but that's hardly split decision making when you give an order that says if the captain is in danger of dying or in danger take over by any means necessary. It would have been a completely different hostage situation had there been more than 1 hostage.

10,503 posts, read 15,614,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So now we should be the world police? Which is it?
What???? I simple responded that yes there were pirate incidences during Bush's time...you said the exact same thing in a later post. Who's right? Um, apparently we both are. Don't know where you're coming from w/your post.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:39 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,198,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Sorry - but that is NOT the only thing that matters - not by a long shot...

People on this forum have been disparaging Obama since before he was sworn in...

He authorized use of force - HE GETS CREDIT FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE MISSION - PERIOD!!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

He is far far more protective of our national sovereignty than DUBYA ever was... and this is just more absolute proof of that..

Go Obama!!!
There is no doubt in my mind that he would have gotten full credit if the outcome had been different. I have a great deal of respect for those that don't like Obama (or any other politician for that matter) but still give props when they are due. I have even "repped" a couple of them.

This was obviously a case of everyone involved (including our President) doing the right thing at the right time. We should proud of every single one of them.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
See post #24. Check link.
You need to read it yourself. Pirating includes the take over of the ship. An attack is hardly being captured. Again go back to the treaty of Tripoli... It's no secret.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:41 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,260,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
I believe he meant American ships attacked by Somali pirates. However, had Bush attacked Somalia or tried to police the pirates, he probably would have been torn to pieces by his haters, and the world would have further witness to American arrogance in trying to police the world. Put a friendly face on it, however, and opinion seems to be just the opposite...
There are several American ships listed in that link. Perhaps you should take a look at it!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:42 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,614,900 times
I'm still scratching my head over something. How in the heck are these pirates in little motorboats w/only some guns to hold them, how are they able to take over big a** mother ships??? I just don't get it. But I will say, you sometimes have to laugh over it...I mean, it is a little comical that these guys have been able to take over huge ships. Sorry, hope I'm not being offense w/that one.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:42 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,308,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

You may not think so, but you would be wrong. I posted this several times on anti-Obama threads about this piracy.

List of ships attacked by Somali pirates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well the US two ships attacked by Pirates were driven off by the crew of the ship and the third was a US Navy ship which returned fire. None of these had anyone captured, so what more could you do? They have the tools to stop them they did, okay......

Old 04-12-2009, 07:43 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,457,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Ummm Mr Bob~ hate to break it to you but it was the Pentagon that engineered the rescue and they wrote the order and had Obama sign it. If picking up a pen and signing an order he was told to sign makes him a hero, Umm OK.

Why does this have to be a case of "I am right and you are wrong ha ha". The only thing that matters is that the Captain was rescued by the Navy and he is safe.
what rescue??? The navy used leathal force the only way Obama would let them, if it looked like phillips was going to be killed. If the pirates hadn't pointed the gun at phillips, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

But sometime shortly after the boats were hooked together, shots were fired from the lifeboat and the pirates were seen holding a gun to Captain Phillips back. Acting on a standing order from President Obama to move in when Phillips was in "imminent danger" snipers were ordered to fire.
Navy Seals Kill Pirates, Rescue American Hostage - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Old 04-12-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Although I am not an Obama fan I gave kudos on another thread about this success. But you Obama partisans need to settle down. There is a saying in football refering to antics after scoring a touchdown, act like you have been in the end zone before.
Yeah me too, it meant to mean even through all the bickering American's stick together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies