Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 03:07 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,618,186 times

Advertisements

I'm glad that Russia is seeing a revival of Orthodoxy, and that the P--- Riot vandals are getting some justice, but this longsuffering country is far from out of the woods.

Putin, for starters, makes Barack Obama look monkish and Rahm Emmanuel look honest.

"Galley slave" Putin savors yachts, planes, and palaces

Opulence, I has it - DirecTV commercial - YouTube

Hat tip: Mark Shea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 05:39 PM

11,156 posts, read 29,381,011 times
Well one thing as a Canadian I must Remind you is the only Hockey match that will be one of best ever played since the summit Series in 1972 is a Canada Vs. Russia final for a Gold Medal in mens Ice Hockey at the 2014 sochi Winter Olympics.

I mean Team Canada was all picked and built to play the Russian National team for the Gold Medal Final and in Vancouver and I know by watchig the IIHF World juniors that you guys have been just kicking butt and we have had some bad games but hey in hockey anything is possible and all I want to say is hop both out Countries go through every team in the Round Robin and we all get the game that Canadian hockey fans and Russian Hockey fans want to see.

CALGARY – With the conclusion of this year’s World Juniors, the IIHF has announced the groups for the 2013 IIHF Ice Hockey U20 World Championship in Ufa, Russia.

The event goes from western Canada this year to the most eastward city ever in U20 World Championship, Ufa, the capital of Bashkortostan with one million inhabitants.

Host Russia will play both teams from North America – Canada and the U.S. – in its group along with Slovakia and the promoted team, Germany.

Reigning champion Sweden plays archrival Finland, the Czech Republic, Switzerland and Latvia in the other group.

Group A:
Sweden (1)
Finland (4)
Czech Republic (5)
Switzerland (8)
Latvia (9)

Group B:
Russia (2)
Canada (3)
Slovakia (6)
United States (7)
Germany (10)

Group B involving host Russia will be staged at Ufa Arena. The 7,950-seat arena was built in 2007 and is home to Russia’s reigning champion, Salavat Yulayev Ufa. It includes a practice rink and other facilities.

The other group of the preliminary round will be staged in the Ufa Sports Palace with a capacity for 3,900 fans. The Sports Palace also has a second rink and staged the 1996 IIHF European U18 Championship.

The greatest come back in ice hockey - YouTube
PM harper and Presdent Putin will both have to schedule a vione on one vist whern this takes place in 2013 since what better way to talk politics or a new trade agreemens with both leaders attending and watching the Game they both love and understand the game and in beetween periods can hammer out a Arctic energy policy UI mean this is how Russia Canada do energy deals.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:53 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,289,797 times
Is this the same Putin that W met...?

"I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straight forward and trustworthy and we had a very good dialogue. "I was able to get a sense of his soul."

BBC News | EUROPE | Bush and Putin: Best of friends

Old 08-29-2012, 05:55 PM

11,156 posts, read 29,381,011 times
Oh Tell Putin that if the NHL is locjked out and we loses a season Russia Should do a deal with TSN to brodcast swedish elite and Modo games and the CBC HNIC to broadcast KHL Games over here since losing a Season due to a lock out sucks but we have alot of time slots to fill with hockey and the KHL would be perfect to fill them since most of the top Russian and european NHL players go back to play in their former teams.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:23 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,618,186 times
Wow. I have to say, it's classic looking and will endure.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:20 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,923,602 times
Life must be good as an autocratic pseudo-dictator who rigs elections.

He certainly has delusions of grandeur with the Romanov/Byzantine double headed eagle motif built in as part of his wall decorations.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:51 PM

29,981 posts, read 43,006,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Life must be good as an autocratic pseudo-dictator who rigs elections.

He certainly has delusions of grandeur with the Romanov/Byzantine double headed eagle motif built in as part of his wall decorations.
Let us not forget it is believed by many that in 1999 Vladmire Putin staged a false flag terror attack on his own people (apartment buildings in four cities) to win an election. That really makes rigged elections look benign comparatively speaking.

Russian apartment bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies