Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 10:03 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,564,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahv View Post
Really do you? I can tell with 100% certainty you don't want to know all that threatens this country. You would find the deepest darkest cave you could and hide in it the rest of your life.
And you'd be completely wrong. As in 100% certainty

Quote:
No they just want to bomb us and kill us. And I suppose you know ALL Iraqis and Afghanis? I am deeply impressed by that. Do you know all North Koreans and Iranians too? You must be extremely importan to all those people. Please excuse the sarcasm, but who could help it?
No Iraqi or Afghani ever attacked the United States!

And, the Iranians pose NO threat to ANYONE. Got it?

If we bomb them, we commit more war crimes. Obama is MUCH less likely than John McCain to bomb Iran, but greater forces are at work here, forces you could probably never contemplate.

Quote:
I know that according to Obama the constituion is old and obslete. I know that members of Congress want to get rid of freedom of speech. Where would that leave you right to protest and assemble peacefully?
No "members of Congress want to to get rid of free speech" that I've heard of, if they did, would it shut up the right wing echo chamber that I keep hearing from in the paper and on television?

Cause that would be nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 10:48 AM

52 posts, read 87,706 times
You are by far the funniest person ever.... and no I wouldnt be wrong.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:22 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,370,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I didnt know any Iraqi or Afghani was wanting to take away my freedom of speech. I do know the Bush Administration tried to stifle my freedom to protest and peacefully assemble, my freedom to know what my government was doing, and perhaps most importantly, the freedom to know what threats faced this nation.
Really? Show me one instance in which the Bush Administration tried to stop a protest. Even that wacko Cindy Sheehan was protesting in front of Bush's ranch!

Old 04-12-2009, 01:53 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,374,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohappyIleft View Post
How does everyone feel about our glorious president wanting to cut our military spending while bowing and butt kissing to every foriegn diplomat on the planet? I've never seen a marine with an M16 bow to anyone last time I checked? And he wants the military to change their vow of allegance from to the USA to him? How grand can his ego be? He expects it on a silver platter and expects it NOW!!!

I don't think any of our foreign enemies are nearly as much of a threat to our freedom as the Neocons and other domestic enemies of our way of life. In general our critics abroad recognize that an election has taken place and are willing to start anew with the new President, with hopes on both sides for a better outcome. The Neocons spit on options like that as they do on all things decent and American.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:05 PM

10,180 posts, read 20,813,606 times
Cutting spending doesn't necessarily mean they are taking away anything from the men and women in uniform. They can cut spending all they want if it means aboring failed projects such as the F-22 or spending billions on developing new weapons systems we will never use. We didn't even scratch the surface of our capability during the Iraq/Afghanistan wars. So why keep developing state of the art technology to fight enemies who are holding their ground with sticks, stones and stuff that can be bought in Home Depot? That and cut some of the fat in the DoD in regard to hiring civilians in overinflated paygrades and reducing the amount of travel and expenses acrued with unnecessary travel for conferences, meetings and "training".

Old 04-15-2009, 09:58 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,501,068 times
Quote:
And it is because of that military that you are allowed to say that. It is because of the strength of it that gives you the freedom to cut down the very country.
Nope. Two oceans and massive industrial power have given me that. All the semi-retarded goons in uniform yelling "hooah" are, at best, decoration.

Quote:
Countries around the world have hated us since the birth of the country.
Only the ones we ****ed over.

Quote:
Some Americans are just to dumb to know or care. They have to be told by the biased media what's the appropriate thing to do as a nation. We are so far from where we were before and during WWII. When there weren't people spitting on our troops and calling them baby killers. When soliders could come home in their uniforms and receive a warm welcome.
When people were stupid enough to swallow the government's bull****.

Quote:
Do you think they want to die for you???? NO. But day in and day out they are out there on the front lines protecting us.
If that is true, who's the joke on?

Quote:
Do you have kids? Are you willing to risk their future?
I do have kids, and I am not willing to risk their future on the collection of torturers, psychotics, racists and paranoids now styling themselves the Republican Party.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:03 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,298,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
All the semi-retarded goons in uniform yelling "hooah" are, at best, decoration.

Sorry had to laugh at this. Here is your typical internet tough guy who if he said this to my face or any military member, wait he wouldn't because that would take courage.

I mean from his profile it says he is french Canadian, need I say more.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Sorry had to laugh at this. Here is your typical internet tough guy who if he said this to my face or any military member, wait he wouldn't because that would take courage.
I wouldn't say it to your face unless you asked my opinion, because I am polite.

I shook my cousin's hand when he graduated from Great Lakes in 2003, even though I thought it was a damnable business he was going into, and not because I was afraid of him. (He was 18, I was 28, and I had, in my capacity as a babysitter, whipped his ass many a time.) It's called propriety. (If you don't know words that big, there are dictionaries online to help you.)

When people ask me in person what I think of the military in general, they will get an honest answer.

ETA, my cousin and I have equal parts French-Canadian blood, for whatever you were trying to prove with that ****.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:13 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,298,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I wouldn't say it to your face unless you asked my opinion, because I am polite.

I shook my cousin's hand when he graduated from Great Lakes in 2003, even though I thought it was a damnable business he was going into, and not because I was afraid of him. (He was 18, I was 28, and I had, in my capacity as a babysitter, whipped his ass many a time.) It's called propriety. (If you don't know words that big, there are dictionaries online to help you.)

When people ask me in person what I think of the military in general, they will get an honest answer.

ETA, my cousin and I have equal parts French-Canadian blood, for whatever you were trying to prove with that ****.
Funny you get upset when some one points out your a coward. Sadly there are people like you in the country who stereotype because your too dense to know anything remotely true. People that feel the need to attack and put down are just insecure about themselves.

Also funny thinking a French Canadian, double zero there, could beat anything up.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Funny you get upset when some one points out your a coward. Sadly there are people like you in the country who stereotype because your too dense to know anything remotely true. People that feel the need to attack and put down are just insecure about themselves.

Also funny thinking a French Canadian, double zero there, could beat anything up.
I'll let this masterpiece of irony speak for itself, no need to clutter something like this up with commentary. But don't flatter your little yokel self by imagining you made me upset. You provided a moment's comic relief, nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies