Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 10:41 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,502,845 times

Advertisements

No, Obama sized himself up and sent them the blueprints. Obama has no room to move since he obligated us another $10 trillion and at least decades worth of Chinese rule and now more than ever. Pulled out troops in Iraq and sent them into Afghanistan and most like Pakistan eventually. Our moves for the next 10 years are laid out on the table. If we were playing cards I just laid down my hand while I went to get a beer. If we were playing chess I just entered into the dropped material stage.

It's not cold war tactics. It's basic human beliefs, things you and I take for granted. You may not like religion but in oppressive regimes it's a very strong method of keeping people together and an even more engaging approach is freedom of religion. Community organizing is based and finds supporters in the churches. Sometimes the fear the people will take over the nation has more influence in policy than any other.

The North Koreans are programmed and it isn't likely anything can break those walls except with 6 party talks, which have failed so far for two presidents now. We can keep playing this repetitive game, next test is a nuclear war head though. This test by all other standards was fairly successful as a ballistic missile but a complete failure as a satellite bearing missile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 10:53 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,923,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
No, Obama sized himself up and sent them the blueprints. Obama has no room to move since he obligated us another $10 trillion and at least decades worth of Chinese rule and now more than ever. Pulled out troops in Iraq and sent them into Afghanistan and most like Pakistan eventually. Our moves for the next 10 years are laid out on the table. If we were playing cards I just laid down my hand while I went to get a beer. If we were playing chess I just entered into the dropped material stage.

It's not cold war tactics. It's basic human beliefs, things you and I take for granted. You may not like religion but in oppressive regimes it's a very strong method of keeping people together and an even more engaging approach is freedom of religion. Community organizing is based and finds supporters in the churches. Sometimes the fear the people will take over the nation has more influence in policy than any other.

The North Koreans are programmed and it isn't likely anything can break those walls except with 6 party talks, which have failed so far for two presidents now. We can keep playing this repetitive game, next test is a nuclear war head though. This test by all other standards was fairly successful as a ballistic missile but a complete failure as a satellite bearing missile.
Obama sized himself up, but the other leaders remain opaque? Obama may have many faults, but he didn't get into the White House by being unable to size people up. He seems able to play the political game, so before just out-of-hand dismissing what he's doing, maybe we should see how it plays out.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:14 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,310,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think dear mr president has enough going on in this country to keep him busy and he needs to stay his butt in the white house and take care of his countrys problems and stop telling people what they need to be doing . I think he needs to keep his butt home and worry about his own country ie : joblessness, homeless and etc .... and what is his wife doing there ? must she accompany him on everything . I think the both of them are glory hounds and they will most certainly miss the cameras when they are no longer in office . I did mean they cause michelle acts like she is the vice president .
You do know that Bush was on vacation for over 3 years out of the 8 he was in office?

The role of a president, apparently unknown to you, is linked here: Ben's Guide (3-5): The President of the United States. It seems to be at your level.
In addition to playing a key role in the lawmaking process, the President has several duties. He serves as the American Head of State, meaning that he meets with the leaders of other countries and can make treaties with them.

President of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you complain when Laura traveled with Bush, or when his daughters traveled with him? Or when she was on TV or making appearances?

What sour grapes. Is it because you're unhappy that Obama won by such a large margin, or that he doesn't share the same background or educational level than you? Or are you simply mad because you didn't get your way during the election?

Old 04-07-2009, 08:16 PM

839 posts, read 983,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think dear mr president has enough going on in this country to keep him busy and he needs to stay his butt in the white house and take care of his countrys problems and stop telling people what they need to be doing . I think he needs to keep his butt home and worry about his own country ie : joblessness, homeless and etc .... and what is his wife doing there ? must she accompany him on everything . I think the both of them are glory hounds and they will most certainly miss the cameras when they are no longer in office . I did mean they cause michelle acts like she is the vice president .
We are living in a highly globalized world in which the US is the most powerful country, both militarily and economically, and in which the US has an economy which is deeply embedded in the global economy. It is very much a part of the President's job to engage in diplomacy with countries across the globe to protect and further our interests. President Obama has to engage countries like Iran and Syria to protect US interests and to find ways to improve the economy at a global level. Protectionism along with a purely domestic focus would be disastrous in today's world.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:19 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,745,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Our great savior will meet with Iran, Seria and Hamas in around table discusion to end violance in middle east and how to finish off Israel. This meeting will take place in Turkey the gate to the Muslim countries.
I hear you. The guy never sleeps!

Old 04-07-2009, 08:24 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,502,845 times
Default Who here knows what this means in the islamic world?

Should he have worn knee pads? Damn the Queen of our longest ally didn't even get the knee treatment. Hail Allah?

Our fearless leader...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies