Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 01:51 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,215,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
For some reason, I highly doubt your comment.
If you're referring to me Chielgrl...that doesn't surprise me...you are an "aging hippie". I suppose you'd spit on me too if you could...right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 01:52 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,555,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
........ the same limp wrist that saw to it that he was captured and executed. You mean that limp wrist?
The same limp wrist that left him in power for nearly an additional 20 years.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
The same limp wrist that left him in power for nearly an additional 20 years.
So now you're implying he should have been removed. Mike you're not toeing the liberal line my friend! What's wrong?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:58 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,381,612 times
Quote:
If you're referring to me Chielgrl...that doesn't surprise me...you are an "aging hippie". I suppose you'd spit on me too if you could...right?
I've never spit on anyone.
If you read my posts, I've been working around DoD for decades.
I'm not just off turnip truck, as you seem to think.
That's why I refuted your statement.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:59 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,555,485 times
Quote:
So now you're implying he should have been removed. Mike you're not toeing the liberal line my friend! What's wrong?
I'm not a liberal - or at least I don't think I meet the definition of one. I am merely pointing out a geopolitical reality. There will be various times when we will be 'working with' enemies for a long term strategy that will benefit us. It has always been this way. I know it, and you do, too. Stating that this is limp wristed diplomacy implies you don't.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:59 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,562,558 times
Quote:
Brother...you have no clue about me. My tent was 100 yards from Saddam Hussein's execution. Spare me the rhetoric "tough guy".
And you have no clue about me. I was in boot camp when Saigon fell in '75. Technically, I'm a Vietnam Era Veteran, but I don't make that claim.

You're the one spouting the "tough guy" rhetoric, dude. Don't worry; as you get older you'll understand.

Quote:
I was referring to 4 years of the diplomacy disaster that Carter was.
Okay, but there's a big difference between disagreeing with a foreign policy and claiming a one year period lasted four years.

If you remember correctly (were you alive in january 1979?), Jimmy Carter forged peace between Israel and Egypt. Do you claim this to be a disaster?

Old 04-06-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I've never spit on anyone.
If you read my posts, I've been working around DoD for decades.
I'm not just off turnip truck, as you seem to think.
That's why I refuted your statement.
And if you read my posts, you will see that I have been to Iraq twice and Afghanistan once.

Refute all you want. People like you get to enjoy the benefit of free expression because of people like me. You know, the ones who apparently fell off the turnip truck defending this country.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:04 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,488,375 times
Quote:
Obama's idol Jimmy Carter failed to have our hostages brought home in 4 years, but the day that Reagan was inaugurated they couldn't get the airplane fueled up fast enough in Iran.

We are seeing Jimmy Carter's limp-wristed diplomacy redux.
*gives Iran guns, wipes 80s from mind, thinks Reagan is badass*

Old 04-06-2009, 02:05 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,381,612 times
Sweetie, I'm a veteran, too.
Don't play your macho-crap on me.

Most people who go to war are a little more respectful of themselves and the mission, as ridiculous as it may be.
Luckily, the vast majority are not yahoos.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Sweetie, I'm a veteran, too.
Don't play your macho-crap on me.

Most people who go to war are a little more respectful of themselves and the mission, as ridiculous as it may be.
Luckily, the vast majority are not yahoos.

I'll take the high-road and thank you for your service to country.

As for your liberal views, i'm not sure we'll ever see eye to eye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies