Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:15 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,556,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And if you read my posts, you will see that I have been to Iraq twice and Afghanistan once.
And you're proud of your service, as you should be. I thank you for it. I'll assume that you thank me for mine, as well.

Your service is irrelevant to your opinion, however, which is why you seem to be saying, "I'm a tough guy, so I know what I'm talking about."

Quote:
Refute all you want. People like you get to enjoy the benefit of free expression because of people like me. You know, the ones who apparently fell off the turnip truck defending this country.
The "us vs. them" ideology has become so ingrained with you that you don't even consider that some of us who disagree with you have also served in the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 02:15 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,750,339 times
1. Being in the military doesn't make one inherently right or wrong in their opinion on foreign policy. Often, they are too close and invested in a particular policy to be completely objective - whether they be for or against it. I have encountered many an Iraq veteran and military wife who have known people killed in that war who need to believe there is a justifiable reason for the death of a close friend or comrade. I do not blame them. I honor their service and sacrifice. But their opinions must be taken within that context.

2. People who attack Obama and call him stupid should be able to construct basic sentences, spell basic words, and spell the names of countries with which they do not want us to talk.

As it is, I can only imagine the OP has a minimal understanding of international relations and simply sees "good guys and bad guys". Thank God the people educated in international relations flock to DC for these jobs.

3. I think it's awesome that we have a president with the courage and strength to sit down with those with whom we disagree and actually talk.

Strutting around the global locker room snapping our towels at every nation we don't like is neither masculine nor mature. It also never solves anything.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:49 PM

29,917 posts, read 39,572,810 times
Next our mayors and governors will go negotiate proper times to sell drugs on the streets with the drug dealers. After that it's the prostitutes, they're people too even if they believe in the destruction of the community.
Hamas and their peace movement

22 year old gay man in Iran enjoying freedom
http://aycu22.webshots.com/image/17861/2000672383852214225_rs.jpg (broken link)

"A people free to choose will always choose peace"
You'll never have peace without freedom.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post

3. I think it's awesome that we have a president with the courage and strength to sit down with those with whom we disagree and actually talk.
You think it's awesome he is legitimizing oppressive regimes?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Obama's idol Jimmy Carter failed to have our hostages brought home in 4 years, but the day that Reagan was inaugurated they couldn't get the airplane fueled up fast enough in Iran.

We are seeing Jimmy Carter's limp-wristed diplomacy redux.
At least according to the dossiers. They knew Carter was weak when he proposed a quid pro quo deal for Jimmy to get re-elected. It didn't work and the rest is history.

One day you folks will learn the beast just transfers regimes. It changes regimes when the more oppressive evil one is removed, then the next one steps up to the line. Talking with them does nothing, they care not what is said. Just like with most men in power, they only respect power. Obama has none, he blew his load already all over shiny things at home and trying to hide insolvent banks with Bush. There is no room for us to do anything. In other words he showed his hand before anyone even bet.

Vague stances do not lead to anything but chaos. To break ground and to actually achieve something you need to have sharp edges. You need to have either or and you can't go into negotiations with your guns in the car. There will never be another Reagan, it's time to move on from the Cold War but what Reagan did leave us with was a blue print to fight evil and a means for lasting peace. The Art of War isn't just a saying and it's clear Obama doesn't have a clue about it.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 04-06-2009 at 04:11 PM..

Old 04-06-2009, 04:07 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,806,068 times
So yesterday's phrase of the day was "teabag" and today's phrase is "limp wrist".

Just keeps getting more entertaining by the moment.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:13 PM

As the people of Poland what appeasement is good for. Ask Lech Walesa. Appeasement means some people must give up what we all take for granted... Limp wrist is a compliment. A coward asking people to give up their dreams of freedom so we can make a deal with their slave masters would be more appropriate.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:34 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,855,110 times
Quote:
Obama's idol Jimmy Carter failed to have our hostages brought home in 4 years, but the day that Reagan was inaugurated they couldn't get the airplane fueled up fast enough in Iran.

We are seeing Jimmy Carter's limp-wristed diplomacy redux.
Oy

You honestly don't think that was STAGED????? By the former CIA chief who was the newly inaugurated Vice President????

Gullible much? Classic anti-intellectual ... oh noooooo!!! Must not read anything else other than what is spoon fed to me by Fox/Malkin/Coulter/Rush ... must keep head in the sand ...

REAGANISGOD
REAGANISGOD
REAGANISGOD

Old 04-06-2009, 05:38 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,855,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Kind of like that limp wrist Donald Rumsfeld had when shaking Saddam Hussein's hand...
Oh yeaaaaa!!!! Saddam was our ally then wasn't he? Doh

Old 04-06-2009, 05:45 PM

Well there goes another thread lost to emotions...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies