Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 09:01 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,265,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
What laws did he break and what part of the Constitution did he violate?
I did your search for you and found so many sights on bush's charges that I picked the first one I found with a list: impeachforpeace.org

Please feel free to educate yourself further using the handy dandy "Search" feature I'm sure your computer has.

[SIZE=3]ILLEGAL WAR[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ILLEGAL SPYING[/SIZE] [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]*Update - Recently Found Guilty by District Court[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]GENEVA CONVENTION VIOLATIONS[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]*Update -Found Guilty by the Federal Supreme Court[/SIZE]
George W. Bush has conspired to deny due process to prisoners of war, indiscriminantly bomb cities, transfer prisoners of war from an occupied territory, and planned, prepared, initiated and waged of a war of aggression in violation of U.S. Military Code section 2441, Geneva convention (I Art 3, II Art 18, Art 19, III Art 13, Art 17, Art 33, Art 34, Art 49, IV Art 3), and the 1945 Nuremberg Principles articles 6(a) and (b);

[SIZE=5]Click here to See the Evidence[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ILLEGAL DETENTION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]*Update - Found Guilty by District Court[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ILLEGAL RELEASE OF CLASSIFIED INFORMATION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ILLEGAL FREEZING OF ACCOUNTS AND RESTRICTION TO FREEDOM OF ASSEMBLY[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ILLEGAL USE OF SIGNING STATEMENTS[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 09:03 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,545,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I did your search for you and found so many sights on bush's charges that I picked the first one I found with a list: impeachforpeace.org

Please feel free to educate yourself further using the handy dandy "Search" feature I'm sure your computer has.

[SIZE=3]ILLEGAL WAR[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ILLEGAL SPYING[/SIZE] [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]*Update - Recently Found Guilty by District Court[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]GENEVA CONVENTION VIOLATIONS[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]*Update -Found Guilty by the Federal Supreme Court[/SIZE]
George W. Bush has conspired to deny due process to prisoners of war, indiscriminantly bomb cities, transfer prisoners of war from an occupied territory, and planned, prepared, initiated and waged of a war of aggression in violation of U.S. Military Code section 2441, Geneva convention (I Art 3, II Art 18, Art 19, III Art 13, Art 17, Art 33, Art 34, Art 49, IV Art 3), and the 1945 Nuremberg Principles articles 6(a) and (b);

[SIZE=5]Click here to See the Evidence[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ILLEGAL DETENTION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ILLEGAL RELEASE OF CLASSIFIED INFORMATION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ILLEGAL FREEZING OF ACCOUNTS AND RESTRICTION TO FREEDOM OF ASSEMBLY[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ILLEGAL USE OF SIGNING STATEMENTS[/SIZE]
Still believe in ghosts I see.

Do yourself a favor, worry about the future

Old 01-16-2009, 09:10 AM

Odd how so many people believe , as Georgie bush did, that the Constitution is ""nothing but a #!*^**! piece of paper........

How they believe the alleged crimes of their party should be ignored.

OK, now lets see Obama take the same stance and , of course, the repubs will be silent and let him do as he pleases......

Afterall, the precedence has been set.....

Old 01-16-2009, 10:26 AM

2,603 posts, read 4,867,466 times
First of all, thank you for confirming my suspicions that you had not a clue as to what you were talking about. Google is pretty helpful when ya' got nuthin', isn't it?
The Constitution was not violated and these "poorly treated prisoners" got exactly what they deserved. Especially considering they are not POWs and are therefore do not fall under the protections of the Geneva Convention.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:37 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,991,239 times
Obama is too much of a nice guy, so Bush/Cheney should be fine from him. However, I won't be surprised to see people, nationally and internationally, take charge of things, and they should.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Obama is too much of a nice guy, so Bush/Cheney should be fine from him. However, I won't be surprised to see people, nationally and internationally, take charge of things, and they should.
John Conyers , Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, has planned a hearing on this issue for July 25th.
Conyers did not say who would testify at the hearing, but he laid out a variety of abuses that would be examined, including:

(1) improper politicization of the Justice Department and the U.S. Attorneys offices, including potential misuse of authority with regard to election and voting controversies;

(2) misuse of executive branch authority and the adoption and implementation of the so-called unitary executive theory, including in the areas of presidential signing statements and regulatory authority;

(3) misuse of investigatory and detention authority with regard to U.S. citizens and foreign nationals, including questions regarding the legality of the administration’s surveillance, detention, interrogation, and rendition programs;

(4) manipulation of intelligence and misuse of war powers, including possible misrepresentations to Congress related thereto;

(5) improper retaliation against administration critics, including disclosing information concerning CIA operative Valerie Plame, and obstruction of justice related thereto; and

(6) misuse of authority in denying Congress and the American people the ability to oversee and scrutinize conduct within the administration, including through the use of various asserted privileges and immunities."""""""""""""""""

This is the JOB of our president and Senators.

If the bush administration has done nothing wrong they have nothing to worry about...remember????

Old 01-16-2009, 12:27 PM

102 posts, read 158,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Now that the Bush administration is at an end, it is time for Obama and Congress to SERIOUSLY consider investigations into the potential law breaking activities that were committed during his 8 year rule.

Paul Krugman has an excellent editorial in today's NYT http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/16/op...16krugman.html

It is about whether Obama upholds his pledge to 'preserve, protect and defend the Constitution' by investigating those from the Bush years who abused their powers in office, or just pays lip service to this pledge by letting them 'walk away'...

I for one think there should be formal investigations.. especially into whether Bush and company INTENTIONALLY misled the country and got us involved in the war in Iraq under false pretenses.. I think they did...

It should also shed light on the politicization of the Justice Department, and appointing or removing attorney's based on their loyalty to Bush and his form of 'right thinking', rather than on their ability to do the job and uphold the law. Politicizing the judicial process is one of the more serious ways that Bush brought us closer to a dictatorship than any other president - surely in my lifetime...

Krugman makes an excellent point - to allow these people to walk away scott-free will only insure that in the future some other administration will do the same thing all over again...

I think people need to be held accountable and punished for their illegal, or unconstitutional, activities over the past 8 years...
Why don't you and your pathetic leftist "news" source, the NYT, give it a rest? Bush did not commit any crimes. And you don't seriously want to start talking about investigations into illegal activities when you've got the thug and his cronies about to commandeer the White House.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:33 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,262,640 times
Not only should there be a formal investigation into a plethora of events, but Republicans should also repudiate Bush for destroying what was left of actual conservatism in the Republican Party, using the religious right as a voting bloc/pawns while all but ignoring their concerns, the abandonment of fiscal responsibility, and his liberally militant foreign policy.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:41 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,101,464 times
Go for it, Dems. They do realize, don't they, that an investigation will take down a whole lot of Dems, as well, and create a Washington circus at a time when the country needs trauma teams, not circus troupes.

But, yep, go for it. Show your true colors, how you're more concerned about egos and partisanship than America, and make it plain for the American public.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:45 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,262,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Go for it, Dems. They do realize, don't they, that an investigation will take down a whole lot of Dems, as well, and create a Washington circus at a time when the country needs trauma teams, not circus troupes.

But, yep, go for it. Show your true colors, how you're more concerned about egos and partisanship than America, and make it plain for the American public.
If it takes down a bunch of Democrats then so be it.

An investigation into whether Bush committed any crimes or broke laws isn't a left-right thing, it is a right-wrong thing. If we accept law breakers just because they share our politics then we no longer care about principles as a nation, we only care about our own self interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies