Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 06:47 AM

8,275 posts, read 12,934,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Ah yes, the standard argument of the "millions" killed in the name of Christianity. Such things happened hundreds of years ago. Christianity evolved along with it's followers. Islam has instead de-evolved. The main difference between Christianity and Islam is the founder of Christianity, Jesus, preached and practiced peace. The founder of Islam attacked caravans going to and from Mecca until the people were starving to death and had no other choice but to open their doors to him and submit to him or die. Those crazy Islamic terrorist are merely following the example of their prophet.

ok would you prefer me bring up the more current cults like Waco, I don't think I isolated the time to only ancient times. it was certainly felt in each century since AD. Why condemn millions for the actions of a few? If I looked at the actions of some baptist preachers I guess I could assume all of them will lie and cheat on their spouses and have gay affairs. Doesn't seem like a fair assessment of a religion even when I don't agree with their warped views. Don't stand too close they might think you are dancing....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 08:42 AM

500 posts, read 707,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
ok would you prefer me bring up the more current cults like Waco, I don't think I isolated the time to only ancient times. it was certainly felt in each century since AD. Why condemn millions for the actions of a few? If I looked at the actions of some baptist preachers I guess I could assume all of them will lie and cheat on their spouses and have gay affairs. Doesn't seem like a fair assessment of a religion even when I don't agree with their warped views. Don't stand too close they might think you are dancing....
Because those millions have done little to nothing to combat this global Islamic extremist problem.

"Taken from another thread I made"

So, will we see mass demonstrations from the so-called moderate Muslims condoning the latest killings? Probably not (I truly hope I'm wrong), in fact, they might turn this around and some how, some way, the will blame the West for this latest action. God forbid if the Pope said something, or a news paper publish cartoons, or somebody writes an anti Islam book, there will be demonstrations all over the world.

For the Muslims that post here, this is why people are nerves of Islam, this is why people no longer buy the message of peace, love and tolerance when it comes to Islam.

Enough of and do something to take back your religion from the extremists.

Don't forget to visit TheReligionofPeace.com - Islam: Making a True Difference in the World

Old 11-27-2008, 09:02 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,711,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I think that the point you are (purposefully?) missing is that unlike Waco which was a botched arrest on a doomsday cult that was thought to have been abusing children-- thanks Bill -- and was not a terrorist action. Baptist preachers dillying their secretaries are a bit different then people who would strap bombs on down syndromed women and send them off to a puppy market to detonate.
Islam may very well be a peaceful religion....but it has been corrupted by radicals who wish to destroy and rule by fear and blood. After all, the terrorists in Mumbai are not the Knights of Columbus, nor are they the First Baptist Church of Lexingtons Mens Club.
And let us be clear.....when people murder in the US, they are not idolized. They are captured and punished. Abortion clinic bombers would be a great example of this. As would Timothy McVeigh. Yet go into the muslim world and see what the people think of Al Queda, of Mohammad Atta, or of Bin Ladin. At best you will hear something to the effect of "of course thats wrong but Iraq/western influences/Israel".....do you see the difference?

Old 11-27-2008, 09:03 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,530,102 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Christian Arab
Because those millions have done little to nothing to combat this global Islamic extremist problem.

"Taken from another thread I made"

So, will we see mass demonstrations from the so-called moderate Muslims condoning the latest killings? Probably not (I truly hope I'm wrong), in fact, they might turn this around and some how, some way, the will blame the West for this latest action. God forbid if the Pope said something, or a news paper publish cartoons, or somebody writes an anti Islam book, there will be demonstrations all over the world.

For the Muslims that post here, this is why people are nerves of Islam, this is why people no longer buy the message of peace, love and tolerance when it comes to Islam.

Enough of and do something to take back your religion from the extremists.

Don't forget to visit TheReligionofPeace.com - Islam: Making a True Difference in the World
rep +1 for you

Moderate muslims need to speak up and be more courageous

Old 11-27-2008, 09:20 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,336,301 times
Yes, religious fundamentalism is a dangerous thing. Crusades, Inquisition, Jihad... all stem from the same kind of crazy.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:02 AM

500 posts, read 707,110 times
More offerings from the religion of peace:
20,000 Muslims Attack a Church in Cairo, Trapping a Thousand Christian Worshippers Inside

Old 11-27-2008, 11:17 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,137,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
it still goes on today in places like India and Africa
Uh ... last I heard, it was the Christians being killed for their faith.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:18 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,137,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
And if they have their way, the USA and Britain.

Yet, so quiet on the "moderate Muslim" front. No outcry from them against such behavior...what are they afraid of?
This is the most telling of all. If Islam is really the religion of peace it claims to be, then why are leaders not denouncing this behavior?

Old 11-27-2008, 11:51 AM

21,842 posts, read 31,665,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
They're supposedly targeting foreign nationals who happen to be in India. I was kind of hoping they'd take out some of those outsourced R&D centers that have sucked away American jobs, but no such luck yet.
Regardless of political beliefs, ^this^ post is disgusting.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:17 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,301,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Mumbai toll climbs as hotel standoffs remain - CNN.com
Well over 100 people killed by members of the religion of peace.
Goodness knows if life were as simple as jingos!

"Pakistan became independent as a Muslim-majority state with two wings to the east and northwest of India respectively. Independence resulted in communal riots across India and Pakistan — as millions of Muslims moved to Pakistan and millions of Hindus and Sikhs moved to India. Disputes arose over several princely states including Kashmir and Jammu whose ruler had acceded to India following an invasion by tribesmen from Pakistan. This led to the First Kashmir War (1948) which ended with India occupying roughly two-thirds of the state and Pakistan occupying the remainder. A republic was declared in 1956 but was stalled by a coup d'etat by Ayub Khan (1958–69), who ruled during a period of internal instability and a second war with India in 1965. Economic grievances and political dissent in East Pakistan led to violent political tensions and army repression, escalating into civil war[8] followed by the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971 and ultimately the secession of East Pakistan as the independent state of Bangladesh.[9]"

History of Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hindu-Muslim Violence | csmonitor.com

India: Hindu Extremists Now Focusing Violence Against India’s Christians (http://www.washington-report.org/backissues/0399/9903052.html - broken link)

Act Now to Stop Violence Against Muslims in Vadodara, Gujarat | Indian Muslim Council-USA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies