Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 01:00 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,929,057 times

Advertisements

every invitation does not have to be met with an acceptance. israel has its own agenda and that is lots of us military in the mid east. the well being of the us is irrelevant to Tel aviv, their back is against the wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 01:14 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,231,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaVoter View Post
Israel's best shot at striking Iran with a supportive US president is from now until Obama is sworn in as president.

I say it will happen within the month.

who cares? i don't really get this grave concern for israel. as far as i'm concerned israelis should be offered asylum if they want to leave or they should fight their own battles.

aside from my feelings on the issue, here is an interesting clip on the whole iran thing. robert baer is ex cia with a really good understanding of the middle east

YouTube - Robert Baer on US-Iran Relations - Part 1/3

Old 11-05-2008, 07:16 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,947,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
We most likely won't have another 9/11 for awhile,that's republican business
Btw didn't we parachute enough military into Iraq and what did we come up with?
Republican business? You do know that Bush was not in office long when this happened. And I'm sure Bill Clinton's mistakes in the 90s had no influence on the matter .

A terrorist attack is in no way "our" business (whether DEm or Rep), it is the business of the terrorists. Are you suggesting the U.S. is fully responsible for terrorist attacks?

Unfortunately we did parachute into Iraq and it hasn't helped us one but. It has cost lives, billions of dollars, and we're not even getting any oil from it. It will eventually help the Iraqis if they ever get a democracy off the ground. Considering America has little to gain, I agree.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:18 PM

16,828 posts, read 15,297,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
A more likely scenario will be Iran striking Israel in early January....knowing full well Obama won't do a thing about it.

if it happens, I guess iran will look quite nice as a big glowing hole in the ground.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Republican business? You do know that Bush was not in office long when this happened. And I'm sure Bill Clinton's mistakes in the 90s had no influence on the matter .

A terrorist attack is in no way "our" business (whether DEm or Rep), it is the business of the terrorists. Are you suggesting the U.S. is fully responsible for terrorist attacks?

Unfortunately we did parachute into Iraq and it hasn't helped us one but. It has cost lives, billions of dollars, and we're not even getting any oil from it. It will eventually help the Iraqis if they ever get a democracy off the ground. Considering America has little to gain, I agree.

we had nothing to gain? how about maintaining dollar hedgemony?
Saddam Turns His Back on Greenbacks - TIME
if you don't like this article, google 'saddam euro' there are many more

if we had allowed this to happen, how long would it have been until all oil producers followed suit? here is the real reason iran is the next target. israel has noting to do with it.
The Real Reasons Why Iran is the Next Target:

Old 11-06-2008, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
we had nothing to gain? how about maintaining dollar hedgemony?
Saddam Turns His Back on Greenbacks - TIME
if you don't like this article, google 'saddam euro' there are many more

if we had allowed this to happen, how long would it have been until all oil producers followed suit? here is the real reason iran is the next target. israel has noting to do with it.
The Real Reasons Why Iran is the Next Target:
It's possible that was a secondary reason. I'm not buying it as a main one though. We went in because it was considered that Saddam was a threat to national security and the Bush admin. thought of nation-building as an activity we should participate in.

I can't see us ever "invading" iran. Attacking it in some other way perhaps, but America is done nation-building (I hope). I agree with the OP though, Israel is far more likely to handle business-they care only about survival not popularity.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:12 AM

5,080 posts, read 10,046,772 times
Feb. 2009.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
It's possible that was a secondary reason. I'm not buying it as a main one though. We went in because it was considered that Saddam was a threat to national security and the Bush admin. thought of nation-building as an activity we should participate in.

I can't see us ever "invading" iran. Attacking it in some other way perhaps, but America is done nation-building (I hope). I agree with the OP though, Israel is far more likely to handle business-they care only about survival not popularity.

secondary reason? national security? you're having a larff!!! hahahahahahahahaha.

send over some of that neocon kooool aid

ps, i know how to spell laugh btw

Old 11-06-2008, 07:28 AM

222 posts, read 540,338 times
Why should Obama do anything about it??? Though the Israelis might think he's the president of Israel, he is the president of the U.S. Israel has billions of American dollars and weapons and ammunition given to them by the U.S. gov't. Let them take care of themselves....for once. Personally, I'd like to see them get a taste of their own medicine. They are the original middle east terrorists!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
A more likely scenario will be Iran striking Israel in early January....knowing full well Obama won't do a thing about it.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
secondary reason? national security? you're having a larff!!! hahahahahahahahaha.

send over some of that neocon kooool aid

ps, i know how to spell laugh btw

Do you know how to read?! I think Bush was/is one of the worst Presidents in history, and Saddam posed no credible threat against us.

Maybe you should read the context of posts hmm? I said basically that Bush believed that! I was stating the reasons we invaded Iraq, not giving it my seal of approval.

P.S. Yes, that did p*** me off, there's nothing less a libertarian-conservative wants to be called than a neocon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies