Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:26 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,131,962 times

Advertisements

Mark, I pray, and I don't often evoke prayer, that we have two years to wait to stop the Administration in its track. I try to listen to both sides, or all sides, but I don't see how the Administration can continue to pound away at their interpretation of what appears to be facts: misguided, misquoted, misdirected and missed sane opportunities.

With the President's latest evident inability to listen to anyone -- I fear if we don't implode we might explode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I agree with you on all counts. Both Bush and Cheney have committed offences worthy of impeachment.

But impeaching either or both of them would be disastrous for the country. Let's vote them out of office in '08 then spend the next 8 years investigating them.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:26 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,614,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
A qualified "yes" since he no longer has a rubberstamp of a Congress with which to work his "magic." However, we cannot be sure that forces outside of our nation don't surprise us with a major catastrophy... But for W, he is pretty much stuck with his mess in Iraq... he will "decide" just how much more stupidity and arrogance and mistakes will occur... and I think he and Rummy and Wolfowitz made virtually every possible mistake that could be. For the balance of his term, the bulk of his damage will be to veto bills sent up by a Democratically-controlled Congress.

And yes, I think he's lost what's left of his "mental accuity" ... the point at which I was sure he lost it was when he nominated his old pal and crony Harriet Meiers for a position as a Supreme Court justice. Ms Meiers is a fine human being and a competent lawyer, but she's a basic lawyer specializing in helping a Prez stay out of jail, which means a brilliant Constitutional scholar she is not. I don't want to hijack this thread, just wanted to point out when I thought W really showed that he is getting bizarre, like Nixon did toward the end (sitting in his office, drunk, and nude).

Hello...earth calling W... come in W... hey W... get out of Iraq... read the election results... WE THE PEOPLE sent you a mandate... get out of Iraq... we the people ARE the Decider...

s/Mike

I don't know. I'd rather just get'em out and take my chances with Cheney.

I say we give W a secret service detail and send'em on his way. We're much better off with him in Crawford than Washington. What scares me more though is there are a select few who AGREE with this man. Unfortunately we can't deport these people, lol.

-TT

Old 01-26-2007, 02:27 PM

922 posts, read 1,910,153 times
bush won by millions in the last presidential election, yeah the last election was diff. no matter who becomes the next prez, we have a choice to be isolationist or not it anit easy. I admit I dont like alot the left stand for so I guess my turn will come to ***** and holler to impeach hillary.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:28 PM

745 posts, read 1,298,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
...We are there and can't leave until the job is done or else we might as well hand the key to this place to IRAN. Impeach a President at time of WAR. What kind of message are you sending to the enemy?
Give Iraq the time to pull forward
The Iraqi people have to choose for themselves, it was never our responsibility. Historically, changing a government from the outside is disastrous except under martial law. The US will be in Iraq forever. These people did not rebel and overthrow their own dictator. No wonder its in civil war.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:29 PM

702 posts, read 2,526,410 times
Our government actually has 3 deciders...Congress, the Supreme Court, and the President. It's called checks and balances...so Bush isn't the decision maker. Thank God.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:30 PM

The upside is that even if he doesn't get impeached we will have our first black or female president.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:31 PM

Hopefully a bipartisan group of the Congressional branch will see to it that the outrageous behavior of the Executive branch is stopped!

The Administration has already shown disdain for the Judicial branch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
Our government actually has 3 deciders...Congress, the Supreme Court, and the President. It's called checks and balances...so Bush isn't the decision maker. Thank God.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:34 PM

504 posts, read 1,765,092 times
I am a liberal, have been all my life and I am not about to change, but I do not see a viable great candidate for the presidency in 08. I am concerned that even if we find one, he/she will get blamed for all the mess that this administration has left, getting out of an unwinnable war, a huge debt, medicaid part d, social security, illegal immigration, legal immigration, just to name a few. How are we going to take care of Iraq after we leave, what a horrible mess we have made that country. As of now the economy seems good, but how long and how are we going to pay China back? Where oh Where is a Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Washington? This is one time this nation needs to come together and vote the future of our children and grandchildren. If we could only impeach a whole administration.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
I am a liberal, have been all my life and I am not about to change, but I do not see a viable great candidate for the presidency in 08. I am concerned that even if we find one, he/she will get blamed for all the mess that this administration has left, getting out of an unwinnable war, a huge debt, medicaid part d, social security, illegal immigration, legal immigration, just to name a few. How are we going to take care of Iraq after we leave, what a horrible mess we have made that country. As of now the economy seems good, but how long and how are we going to pay China back? Where oh Where is a Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Washington? This is one time this nation needs to come together and vote the future of our children and grandchildren. If we could only impeach a whole administration.
Fortunately they don't have to deal with many of those problems until after they're elected. Rhetoric is key for an election, making the hard decisions is another thing. I'll feel better with most of the major contenders from either side.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:38 PM

Actually, I think some are beginning to regain or get a grip on their b**ls. I am a progressive, but boy did I like hearing Hagel tell it like it is and watch Webb point the right fingers.

We still have some hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies