Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 04:42 AM

1,178 posts, read 3,855,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I can happily say that our (wife and I) group of friends does look like that, when we go out to eat we have Persians, Black, Chinese, Jewish, White, Latino, Pakistan, Vietnamese, Chinese, many who are mixed couples too.

It is not like we go out searching for different people either, but I think when you are open, others sense your open, and see there will be no hang-ups.
You live in California. Your state is a sinking-ship. Economically in the red every year because of diversity. White Flight at tremendous levels. Poor pitiful schools because of diversity. Authoritarian government because of a diverse population that votes in authoritarian candidates.

Yep, "ain't diversity grand".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 05:59 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,502,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
You live in California. Your state is a sinking-ship. Economically in the red every year because of diversity. White Flight at tremendous levels. Poor pitiful schools because of diversity. Authoritarian government because of a diverse population that votes in authoritarian candidates.

Yep, "ain't diversity grand".
Precisely why we left California (San Diego) in 1993, and my wife is a San Diego native! That state has been ruined by all the illegals and asians that have come and refuse to become Americans, but they set up their "little Sigon" communities and live like they did in their old countries.

We had drive-by shootings and gang violence, etc. in those formerly beautiful and peaceful Southern CA communities.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:52 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,654,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
Do you hate white people?
I'm white, so I guess w/your logic, I hate myself?

Old 08-11-2008, 09:04 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,449,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Many do...

Old 08-11-2008, 09:06 AM

18,951 posts, read 44,027,432 times
Quote:
Maybe naive is the best word.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:10 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,939,228 times
I'm white, and I hate white people. then again, I hate black people. come to think of it, not too fond of the yellows, browns, greens, or reds.

Quote:

Old 08-11-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Maybe naive is the best word.
Naive???? How so?

Old 08-11-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I'm white, and I hate white people. then again, I hate black people. come to think of it, not too fond of the yellows, browns, greens, or reds.
At least your consistent...

Old 08-11-2008, 12:13 PM

3,009 posts, read 6,348,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Depends on the reasons.

Personally, I'm not that big of fan of diversity. I know what I like and like to be around people who share common ideas, activities, etc. I don't care where they are from or what color their skin is, but typically since I'm white and grew up with a particular culture, I tend to share more commonalities with other whites, more specifically those that are between 25-40 with southern roots.

So personally, its just because I'm very comfortable with myself and the culture I grew up in. Me and my wife still get out and about and mix in well with people from all races/backgrounds just because we like to meet people from everywhere. But its just natural for a lot of people to gravitate towards things they are most familiar with. Doesn't make it wrong unless they are gravitating away from other races/ethnicities/culture because they hate it.
For lack of better words at the moment, beautiful post. I respect that.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:14 PM

658 posts, read 840,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Many do...
That was really stupid. White guilt is a joke made up by minorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies