Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 06:07 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times

Advertisements

no, their home was turned into section 8. they were forced out of their home into maryland. your pathetic attempts at personal insults have failed again. how bout dem blue devils! perhaps you should read the TOS instead of personally attacking those with an opinion, or a fact for that matter. let's not hijack the thread, let's progress it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
They went off welfare. Well done it's always heartening to see that happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 06:21 PM

perhaps you should stick to the facts as you have presented. you live in stafford county, VA. those numbers of race are way off. it's a majority white county. not to say that there is no diversity in your county, but those numbers are very inaccurate.

Quote:
Your impression of the city couldn't be more incorrect. There is tension in the city in neighborhoods under change/gentrification, but it's economic not racial tension. That tension dissipates quickly after the developers move out. I live in a neighborhood that's been integrated since the 50s. I walk and commute through the city all the time and I've never felt uncomfortable other than in areas where there's a lot of drug traffic. In the suburbs other than PG county, blacks & Hispanics are distinct minorities. In the District as you go neighborhood by neighborhood you see "minorities" in local majorities. My neighborhood is about 60% black and probably about 10% Hispanic & Asian.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:34 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
no, their home was turned into section 8. they were forced out of their home into maryland. your pathetic attempts at personal insults have failed again. how bout dem blue devils! perhaps you should read the TOS instead of personally attacking those with an opinion, or a fact for that matter. let's not hijack the thread, let's progress it.
I do understand that when the family income goes up you can lose your voucher. You should view it as success not an embarrassment. Some other more deserving family now has that apartment.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:36 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,835,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
How old are you if I may? Reason I ask is because most people that spew this kind of "justified hate" are 55+ (no offense to the 55+ crowd). The thing that seems to be missed is that the younger generations are different, tolerant and will most likely have the tools to deal with today's dreaded diversity in the future.
I'm 31.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:39 PM

again with the insults. guess there is nothing better to do in stafford county.

Quote:
I do understand that when the family income goes up you can lose your voucher. You should view it as success not an embarrassment. Some other more deserving family now has that apartment.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:43 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
again with the insults. guess there is nothing better to do in stafford county.
Where is Stafford county? I live in Washington County.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:21 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Hey J, why did your parents have to leave their home?

Old 08-11-2008, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Is the point of the anti-diversity people that everyone should keep to their own kind? I think that's what gets wars going in many parts of the world, isn't it?... people banding together against or away from "the other" and resenting those who break the boundaries between the groups. Remember the riots and bombings back in the 60's (I don't, I wasn't born yet) over integration in Birmingham and other places? The terrorists back then had plenty of community pride in their homogenous neighborhoods, I'm sure.
Actually, the "anti-diversity" people might actually want the U.S. to remain a white country, as it should be. It's a part of who we are being changed forever. The sad part, you'd view such as hatred, but if a non-white country were being changed massively, you'd probably view such in a negative light.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Because it IS important! What, you like white gated communities? Do you support the KKK? What an ignorant thread.
Do you hate white people?

Old 08-11-2008, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
True racism is passed down, but unless they live in some isolated community, the kids today will be better equipped to handle diversity.

First of all the internet is making younger generations more world conscious, playing online games with others from China, Spain and Pakistan was not really an option for past generations. Second, kids today even in suburban areas are being raised with different races in schools. In the past unless you lived in an urban area those chances were slim. Third, kids today are learning early what not to say to offend someone who may be different than they are.

In the past White people felt diversity was forced upon them, now I see kids who don't want to just be around their own kind anymore, and I think that will be the driving force in the future, they will actually think it is quite normal to be around diversity.

In America, isn't it too late to not want diversity? The resistance is a dead end road, we are already here.
"Racism" is inherent in most individuals. It's the group mentality of wanting to protect the group. It is natural and is good. I'm not talking about bigotry or hatred. A lack of racism results in a destroyed civilization, where a people group is replaced by the newcomers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies