Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2008, 03:39 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,385,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Bodies do not put out the welcome mat for "parasites". The body does everything it can to nourish, protect and develop a baby. Bodies do not do that for "parasites". The body clearly welcomes and assist the baby at every point to thrive. The body is doing it's business, reproduction being part of that business. There is no welcome mat for parasites.
This is not quite true, now, is it?
Don’t a great portion of the world’s population have parasites or worms living in their bodies?

Some people don’t want to carry a fetus to term.
What does this have to do with what you want to do with your body?
No one is forcing you to do anything, why do you want to force all women to be incubators?

Old 06-18-2008, 03:57 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,141,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Are miscarriages Unplanned terminations of life, then? The end result is the same - no baby.

Shall we start blaming women for having miscarriages, then?
A miscarriage is a heart breaking death of a child and a dream. Far from "blaming" a woman, I try to comfort them.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:01 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,385,838 times
I'd bet most women who want a child don't want to be comforted by you.
What you don't seem to understand is that reproduction is a very personal choice. It is not one that most women take frivolously or lightly. But it is their choice, not yours, to make.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:50 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,510,553 times
I am generally pro-choice, but only up until the point of viability outside the womb.

I therefore cannot condone any opposition to the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, and can see no reason to *not* support it, as the federal version from which the Illinois version Obama opposed was drafted specifically and with the intent to not interfere with Roe v. Wade. Guess he didn't want women punished with their babies?

Instead of getting a late term abortion, couldn't that baby be "cut out," incubated, and adopted out?

Old 06-18-2008, 04:57 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'd bet most women who want a child don't want to be comforted by you.

Well, I'd be willing to bet that a grieving mother would rather be comforted by a woman who respect and holds precious the life of a child than one who calls that child a parasite and the mother a breeder...don't you think?

Old 06-18-2008, 05:00 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,598,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
A miscarriage is a heart breaking death of a child and a dream. Far from "blaming" a woman, I try to comfort them.
If a miscarriage is the death of a child (and not that of an embryo or fetus) then where is the funeral?

(FWIW, an abortion can be just as heartbreaking, and I try to comfort them as well as those who miscarry).

Old 06-18-2008, 05:03 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,682,452 times
Quote:
If a miscarriage is the death of a child (and not that of an embryo or fetus) then where is the funeral?

(FWIW, an abortion can be just as heartbreaking, and I try to comfort them as well as those who miscarry).

*********. I have a box of my daughters ashes. She was cremated at a funeral home (where they prepare human dead, not critters). If you rattle the box you can hear bones.
So again, I say *********.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
*********. I have a box of my daughters ashes. She was cremated at a funeral home (where they prepare human dead, not critters). If you rattle the box you can hear bones.
So again, I say *********.
Was that your choice, or did they compel you to keep her remains? You were, after all, given the choice.

I am pretty sure that those asterisks are hiding the queen mother of curses - sorry you seem to have taken this so personally. This is a discussion where differing opinions arise - no need to take the discussion into the gutter. And my comment was not directed to you personally, in case that may have missed your attention.

Don't take this the wrong way - I am sympathetic to your loss, and I am just as sympathetic to the loss of a woman who aborts. They are both a loss.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:10 PM
LML

Quote:

You people who CLAIM to have such concern for women sure don't care if you are rubbing salt into the open wounds of women who have lost a baby that they longed for and loved even before it was born, do you? And, for your limited information, many, many, many parents DO have services for the child they miscarried.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You people who CLAIM to have such concern for women sure don't care if you are rubbing salt into the open wounds of women who have lost a baby that they longed for and loved even before it was born, do you? And, for your limited information, many, many, many parents DO have services for the child they miscarried.
Rubbing salt? If I am so emotionally overwhelmed by the subject of abortion then I would probably not click on a thread in Politics & Other Controversies that is clearly about a subject that causes me such grief. Maybe we can stop blaming one another and take some personal responsibility?

Oh, and I did notice that you conveniently deleted the second part of that post you replied to - bravo for you! Looks like this subject brings out the irrational in one side of the controversy.

Last edited by DontH8Me; 06-18-2008 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: add on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.