Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 04:16 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I wish we lived in a country where everyone was Christian.

Obviously, that ship has sailed.

So with that stated, I have no problem with Muslim women wearing hijabs. I also don’t see why they can’t be photographed that way. You can still clearly see who they are.

Niqabs and Burkas are a whole other thing, and those must be removed if arrested.

Also, they should not be getting millions, that is stupid.

But we are a stupid country, so we deserve this nonsense.
That ship never existed. Jews and Muslims were here before there was a United States.

And even when it was even more Christian majority than it isnow, the Christians never agreed with one another anyway. Protestants feared Kennedy would take orders from the Pope because he was Catholic. I grew up in a small town, 6000 people of mostly Dutch descent. There was the Reformed Church of America and The Christian Reformed Church, both offshoots of the Dutch Reformed Church. They had split over some point of theology, and both were sure the members of the other church were going to hell.

That story can be multiplied throughout all denominations across this country, because Christians don't agree on their own religion. I'm a moderator of the R&S forum on this very website. Trust me, I see it in action every day.

Old 04-05-2024, 04:19 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
They came here and founded this country to escape a monarchy with a state religion and valued freedom.

Sure, but did they mean by that the the ALIEN religion should take over the new state, that they founded?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2024, 04:19 PM

3,220 posts, read 1,604,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But this article is specifically about HIJABS. Read the first post.

No, they should not be allowed to cover their faces.

I wonder how the ones who wear burqas and niqabs travel outside of their countries. Maybe they don't.

I've only ever seen one such woman dressed with her whole face covered in the US. She was down in Atlantic City at a grocery store.
I lived around the corner from Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn, and you would see full face cover every day.

Old 04-05-2024, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
I lived around the corner from Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn, and you would see full face cover every day.
Wow. I wonder what country they are from.

Old 04-05-2024, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
They came here and founded this country to escape a monarchy with a state religion and valued freedom.
Not New York City. The colony of Nieuw Amsterdam was founded on commerce. That colony became our country's first capital and its government influenced our Constitution, and commerce took precedence over religion.

Old 04-05-2024, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
The exorbitant amount of the settlement is just dumb. At best they deserve a metro card and Happy Meal.

Why are we so soft?! You got arrested. We need to record your identity. Take the thing off , snap a picture, then put it back on. For crying out loud , it's not like we gotta remove a pacemaker.

People already crying about a ski mask ban.
Don't be silly. They don't make halal Happy Meals.

Old 04-05-2024, 05:22 PM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
Back in the 1950s, Catholic women had to wear head coverings before going into a Church. Just saying, the right has much more in common with Muslims than they think.

Old 04-05-2024, 07:56 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Back in the 1950s, Catholic women had to wear head coverings before going into a Church. Just saying, the right has much more in common with Muslims than they think.

I've heard this song before from the "left," which interestingly enough becomes some kind of ally with Islam, welcoming it into ( former) Christian lands. And it's true that in certain manner Catholicism in particular DOES have certain similarities with Islam. However OVERALL there is a drastic difference between the two; the first one allowed societies to evolve and change their ways, while the second one remains as rigid and restrictive as it ever was.

Yet interestingly enough, some are greeting this oppressive intruder into the former Christian lands - precisely the ones, that allowed the biggest amount of freedoms and were basically ruined because of that.

And this goes not only to America, but Western European countries even more so.

I find it all to be very interesting; lesson learned so to speak.

Old 04-05-2024, 08:59 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I wish we lived in a country where everyone was Christian.

Obviously, that ship has sailed.

So with that stated, I have no problem with Muslim women wearing hijabs. I also don’t see why they can’t be photographed that way. You can still clearly see who they are.

Niqabs and Burkas are a whole other thing, and those must be removed if arrested.

Also, they should not be getting millions, that is stupid.

But we are a stupid country, so we deserve this nonsense.
Why ?

Old 04-05-2024, 09:13 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
For that payday I will remove much more than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies