Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 01:04 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,545,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yeah..the law of the land found in their favor so I'm not so sure how much you actually respect that.

And that's PRECISELY what is discussed in this thread - why did it happen?
Why the laws of this land are bent in favor of foreign laws?

What brought it?
Who/what is behind it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2024, 01:05 PM

25,731 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
New York City to pay $17.5 million for forcing women to remove hijabs for mug shots
Ridiculous. I wonder if thieves are going to be able to start suing when they are caught because they had to remove their face mask?

As far as I'm concerned these criminal women take their hijabs and... well I won't say it. But I'm sure you can guess what I would have said.

Old 04-05-2024, 01:06 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And that's PRECISELY what is discussed in this thread - why did it happen?
Why the laws of this land are bent in favor of foreign laws?

What brought it?
Who/what is behind it?
The Founding Fathers?

Old 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM

25,731 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
But if they have a religious obligation to wear a hijab in public, that is what they looks like in public. As you say yourself they would look different than a picture with their hair framing the face instead.
What if they have a religious obligation to do human sacrifice on every other Tuesday? Is that all cool as well? You're using this as an excuse to push a pet leftist sacred cow class, mainly because you know it annoys the hell out of those of us with common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Wonder if KKK members can use the same excuse LOL. . Oh probably not
By these stupid leftist standards, yes it should be just fine. Should be fine for a witch to wear a cape and pointy brimmed hat for a mugshot as well. And a welder to wear gloves for fingerprinting.

I don't respect any archaic religious garb. That includes Christian garbs, even though I am Christian. In public is not the place for middle age nonsense. I wonder if these muslim criminals (meaning these women who were presumably arrested for a crime) think that wearing a sheet over their head after committing a crime is going to gain them admission to heaven?

Old 04-05-2024, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
What if they have a religious obligation to do human sacrifice on every other Tuesday? Is that all cool as well? You're using this as an excuse to push a pet leftist sacred cow class, mainly because you know it annoys the hell out of those of us with common sense.

By these stupid leftist standards, yes it should be just fine. Should be fine for a witch to wear a cape and pointy brimmed hat for a mugshot as well. And a welder to wear gloves for fingerprinting.

I don't respect any archaic religious garb. That includes Christian garbs, even though I am Christian. In public is not the place for middle age nonsense. I wonder if these muslim criminals (meaning these women who were presumably arrested for a crime) think that wearing a sheet over their head after committing a crime is going to gain them admission to heaven?
"Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins". Human sacrifice ain't exactly comparable to clothing.

If the purpose is to identify people in public it should be representative of how they are typically in public. That's all.

Otherwise we need pictures of everyone with/without head coverings, hair, facial hair, dyed hair, masks, glasses, wigs, and in drag.

Old 04-05-2024, 01:40 PM

Quote:
The Founding Fathers?

I don't remember the "Founding Fathers" advising to bend this country unto foreign laws.

Old 04-05-2024, 01:41 PM

Quote:
"Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins". Human sacrifice ain't exactly comparable to clothing.

If the purpose is to identify people in public it should be representative of how they are typically in public. That's all.

Otherwise we need pictures of everyone with/without head coverings, hair, facial hair, dyed hair, masks, glasses, wigs, and in drag.

That's not just "clothing" - that's part of the alien culture, with its own laws, and you know it.

Old 04-05-2024, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I don't remember the "Founding Fathers" advising to bend this country unto foreign laws.
They came here and founded this country to escape a monarchy with a state religion and valued freedom.

Old 04-05-2024, 01:49 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,969,843 times
The exorbitant amount of the settlement is just dumb. At best they deserve a metro card and Happy Meal.

Why are we so soft?! You got arrested. We need to record your identity. Take the thing off , snap a picture, then put it back on. For crying out loud , it's not like we gotta remove a pacemaker.

People already crying about a ski mask ban.

Old 04-05-2024, 01:54 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
The exorbitant amount of the settlement is just dumb. At best they deserve a metro card and Happy Meal.

Why are we so soft?! You got arrested. We need to record your identity. Take the thing off , snap a picture, then put it back on. For crying out loud , it's not like we gotta remove a pacemaker.

People already crying about a ski mask ban.
and brawling over hoodie bans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies