Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2023, 06:52 AM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"but you can't play the bagpipes during opening arguments and claim your First Amendment rights to artistic expression"

I think you are confusing SPEECH with something else.

"speech noun

ˈspēch

Synonyms of speech

a : the communication or expression of thoughts in spoken words"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/speech
SCOTUS has ruled that "speech" is not limited to the spoken word.

Old 11-01-2023, 07:32 AM

9,401 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
The judge presiding over Donald Trump’s $250 million civil fraud trial on Friday fined the former president $5,000 and floated the idea of jailing him for defying a partial gag order requiring him to remove a post trashing the judge's law clerk on social media.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...lat-rcna121403

Trump should be jailed for a lot of things but not this it's stupid. This would guarantee him being elected president.
This is how the Soviets, Chicommies, and other third- to seventh-world hellholes deal with opposition to the party line.

Old 11-01-2023, 07:36 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
"Trump is a defendant who is subject to the dictates of the court, which has limited his speech...."

And I think that violates our 1st Amendment.

I don't see anywhere in he Constitutions that says a judge can limit ones "fee speech"

"The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prevents the government from making laws that: regulate an establishment of religion; prohibit the free exercise of religion; abridge the freedom of speech,"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_...External_links

"After twenty times asking, you have yet to provide even one alternate to MSM,"

Don't know how to do your own research?

The MSM is fine as long as you admit it has biases and listen to them accordingly.
If you don’t have any sources, how and where do you get your news? You tell me to do my own research, but no source is ever acceptable to you. Do you just make things up as you go along like Trump?

Old 11-01-2023, 07:37 AM

Quote:
"BTW - Unless you are a moderator, buzz off."

Typical of many liberals.

They can dish it out, but CAN'T take it!
Go find that list of news sources. I need it.

Old 11-01-2023, 12:39 PM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times
I've seen stories that Trump can't be jailed due to the Secret Service and it would be some house arrest that keeps him protected. And from there he can keep mouthing off.

Old 11-01-2023, 04:51 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
"BTW - Unless you are a moderator, buzz off."

Typical of many liberals.

They can dish it out, but CAN'T take it!
Oh, the irony.

Old 11-01-2023, 05:13 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
I've seen stories that Trump can't be jailed due to the Secret Service and it would be some house arrest that keeps him protected. And from there he can keep mouthing off.
It's going to cost someone a boatload of money to accommodate him regardless of where he may be incarcerated, so why not just spend the cash building him his own little hut in northern Alaska? Essentially no security concerns (well, unless he steps out for a breath of fresh air and gets attack by a polar bear) so no need for more than one Secret Service agent, no communications services other than handing him a cell phone for ten minutes once a week to call his loving wife. Maybe he can talk to his old buddy Vlad for advice on surviving a Siberian jail term. $100K to build a more than adequate facility, which would still be less expensive than all the hoops they'd have to jump through if he was housed in the lower 48.

Old 11-02-2023, 06:21 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Trump's attorney is trying to see the story that he can never be put in jail because of the Secret Service.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...&pm_medium=web

Where does he find this seemingly endless supply of whack-a-doodle attorneys.

Old 11-02-2023, 07:26 AM

6,800 posts, read 14,018,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump's attorney is trying to see the story that he can never be put in jail because of the Secret Service.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...&pm_medium=web

Where does he find this seemingly endless supply of whack-a-doodle attorneys.

Those are the only attorneys that will work for him. Look at the history of attorneys who have worked for him. There is a good chance you will not get paid, lose your license or go to jail if you hitch your wagon to Trump.

Old 11-02-2023, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Those are the only attorneys that will work for him. Look at the history of attorneys who have worked for him. There is a good chance you will not get paid, lose your license or go to jail if you hitch your wagon to Trump.
White Shoe firms run and hide when they hear the Trump name. Never forget - Five per cent of lawyers were in the bottom of their classes. Trump attracts the ones who want to escape the drudgery of drawing contracts for insurance companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies