Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2023, 10:39 AM

7,111 posts, read 2,802,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
I would just like to thank the MAGA bigotry Court for throwing up roadblocks in the path of Republicans trying to make inroads into the Young Vote
And throwing roadblocks in front of The Criminal Cheeto's path to the White House.

Special thanks to Justice Unckle Ruckus
Reports have shown that younger voters are skewing more conservative. They are more educated and realize that liberalism is a one-way ticket to the poor house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2023, 10:39 AM

17,541 posts, read 9,349,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Biden loves to ignore the constitution and just issue edicts. He knows Congress would not approve.
Obama did the same thing — both Obama and Biden admitted it was probably NOT Constitutional, but they were doing it anyway. They counted on Leftist Judges to keep it out of the Supreme Court AND on attacks and Intimidation against the SCOTUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Reading the dissent, they have a pretty good argument that Missouri does not have standing, as MOHELA is a separate corporation completely. If MOHELA gets sued or goes under, it doesn’t cost Missouri anything. And Missouri gets no money from MOHELA’s student loan servicing contract. Missouri cannot be sued for MOHELA’s actions, which is why they created MOHELA as a separate corporation to begin with. I wonder if the Majority opinion now changes this. Is this going to allow states to be sued over the actions/liabilities of state-created corporations?
That’s addressed (as I already posted ) on pg 8-9 …. + there is a footnote about Karan’s dissent on Missouri Standing on pg 17
The dissent, for all its attempts to cabin these precedents, cites no
precedents of its own addressing a State’s standing to sue for a harm to its instrumentality. The dissent offers only a state court case involving a different public corporation, in which the Missouri Supreme Court said that the corporation was separate from the State for the purposes of a state ban on “the lending of the credit of the state.” Menorah Medical Center v. Health and Ed. Facilities Auth., 584 S. W. 2d 73, 78 (1979) (plu- rality opinion). But as the dissent recognizes, a public corporation can count as part of the State for some but not “other purposes.” Post, at 11, and n. 1. The Missouri Supreme Court said nothing about, and had no reason to address, whether an injury to that public corporation was a harm to the State.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...2-506_nmip.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I know a lot of conservatives who were praying this would pass and they'd get to duck their loan repayment.
I don’t doubt that — point is, the whole thing was WRONG and UnConstitutional.
Doesn’t matter if you are a Democrat or a Republican— WRONG is WRONG
We are either a Nation of Laws with a Constitution we all respect and follow or we are not a Nation at all.
We then become something far away from our System of Government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
That's odd because as was the case with affirmative action, the polls are overwhelmingly against Democrats on BOTH of these issues.
That’s TRUE — but the Leftists are shielded from that knowledge. They are very insulated on some “Safe Space” with Rsinbows, Unicorns and a lovely Pink Sun.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,824,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I can't wait until the Reperations Act goes to SCOTUS
It would have to be passed first, which has zero chance of happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
It’s weird that these student loan borrowers thought that the President has the power to erase loan without approval from Congress.

I guess their college/university did fail them
How do you know what they thought? Most had started college, and even ended it before ever hearing about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That’s TRUE — but the Leftists are shielded from that knowledge. They are very insulated on some “Safe Space” with Rsinbows, Unicorns and a lovely Pink Sun.
Eh....?

Reading the comments here, I'd say this thread it becoming unhinged.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:42 AM

17,870 posts, read 7,080,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I’m sure some deep left Democrat hellhole will pass it. That is a 100% certainty, because Democrats are insane and want to destroy the country.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:42 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,662,854 times
TRUMP's SUPREME COURT is literally Guaranteeing BIDEN's Re-Election with their Decisions :

Roe vs Wade

Affirmative Action

Student Loan Relief

So they have managed to Anger Women, Blacks and Young Students all in a Row!

2024 Will be Interesting!

Old 06-30-2023, 10:46 AM

40,998 posts, read 49,426,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

How do you know what they thought? Most had started college, and even ended it before ever hearing about it.
I want to see California pass their Repatriation Laws and then try to fund it. Talk about a state in bankruptcy.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:47 AM

4,502 posts, read 1,762,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
TRUMP's SUPREME COURT is literally Guaranteeing BIDEN's Re-Election with their Decisions :

Roe vs Wade

Affirmative Action

Student Loan Relief

That’s one thing Trump has done well… mobilize the opposition. The election is still a ways away, and people have short attention spans. We’ll see if the Dems can keep people focused long enough to makemit count at the polls.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:48 AM

4,190 posts, read 4,918,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post

Roe vs Wade

Affirmative Action

Student Loan Relief

Well...I guess you can dream.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:49 AM

270 posts, read 184,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
That lightweight media darling Kentanji Jackson Brown is so predictable.

Can’t wait to see the MSM drumbeat now — they’ve been running stories over the past couple weeks about the absolute HARDSHIP the resumption of student loan payments will bring, even though most of these loans and payments existed before the pandemic, so I don’t see why the borrowers wouldn’t be prepared.
Bingo! Its not like they woke up after 4 or whatever years and are shocked with what they owed. From the first month of them borrowing they are well informed of the balance.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:50 AM

13,761 posts, read 4,417,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Well...I guess you can dream.

What is Biden going to do, make another empty promise of another loan forgiveness. "vote for me, I will get your hopes high until it gets to the courts but by then I already got your vote"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies