Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2023, 11:02 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
TRUMP's SUPREME COURT is literally Guaranteeing BIDEN's Re-Election with their Decisions :

Roe vs Wade

Affirmative Action

Student Loan Relief

So they have managed to Anger Women, Blacks and Young Students all in a Row!

2024 Will be Interesting!
Since when SCOTUS ruling does not anger the masses?

SCOTUS/judicial branch is not a popular contest. That’s what the POTUS/executive and Congress/legislative branches are for.

Remember when SCOTUS ruled in favor of Roe v Wade in 1973 when the country was still very conservative and Christian?

How about Brown v Board of Education to desegregated school in the 50s?

There is a reason why SCOTUS judges are appointed for life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2023, 11:03 AM

5,941 posts, read 2,763,866 times
Today's scoreboard:

Common Sense - 1
Liberal non-sense - 0

Great decision, SCOTUS!

Old 06-30-2023, 11:05 AM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes there are a lot of Americans, who have debt, and/or are struggling...

the point is that IF you CHOOSE, to take a loan, especially a signature loan (ie student loan with no collateral) for a purpose (be that purpose, an education, of for building improvement on your home).. you are CONTRACTING for that principle, and the AGREED Interest, and the AGREED time to repay that loan.

forgiveness of a loan is wrong..those "students" signed a LEGAL CONTRACT... it is their JOB to pay that loan back..... otherwise what are we saying....do you really think we should be saying the law doesn't matter, legal contracts don't matter..... do we really want to raise a generation that is lawless??

Basically is theft. it's like I gave you service of value and you tell me later to screw off. I sell you my car with payments, you take it, drive it for years for your benefit and then tell me you are not paying back but I'm the greedy. LOL

I give you a loan that you took freely and then tell me "tough" .

Not only you are screwing the people that gave you the loan and the economy but why would they lend money for school in the future again. You are screwing future generations.

Old 06-30-2023, 11:05 AM

6,632 posts, read 4,307,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Since when SCOTUS ruling does not anger the masses?

SCOTUS/judicial branch is not a popular contest. That’s what the POTUS/executive and Congress/legislative branches are for.

Remember when SCOTUS ruled in favor of Roe v Wade in 1973 when the country was still very conservative and Christian?

How about Brown v Board of Education to desegregated school in the 50s?

There is a reason why SCOTUS judges are appointed for life
Very disappointed that Biden is criticizing the decision of the SC.

Old 06-30-2023, 11:07 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,208,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
What is Biden going to do, make another empty promise of another loan forgiveness. "vote for me, I will get your hopes high until it gets to the courts but by then I already got your vote"
Seems we will find out soon...someone will have to fill me in 'cause I ain't watchin that crap!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ce402d40&ei=95

Old 06-30-2023, 11:07 AM

16,416 posts, read 8,223,904 times
People have had student loans for decades and managed to pay them back. I think this country has been frowning on people having debt and constantly encouraging people to pay off credit card debt, debt is irresponsible, etc. There are different kinds of debt...if you're in debt because you're living outside your means or buying items you shouldnt be, that's your own fault. I don't think of a school loan as bad debt, but it's something you have to pay back. If you have a school loan then that's a bill you're going to have for a while - like a car loan, a cable bill, a phone bill, car insurance, rent etc. You have to budget.

Unfortunately someone put it out there that maybe we can just allow everyone to forget about this particular loan and people got too excited about that racking up other debt or living above their means.

Old 06-30-2023, 11:09 AM

2,017 posts, read 3,524,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrmantraut View Post
Oh sounds good, may I have a link? I'm not very versed with Reddit but it's fine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...es_down_biden/

Old 06-30-2023, 11:12 AM

4,564 posts, read 4,104,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes there are a lot of Americans, who have debt, and/or are struggling...

the point is that IF you CHOOSE, to take a loan, especially a signature loan (ie student loan with no collateral) for a purpose (be that purpose, an education, of for building improvement on your home).. you are CONTRACTING for that principle, and the AGREED Interest, and the AGREED time to repay that loan.

forgiveness of a loan is wrong..those "students" signed a LEGAL CONTRACT... it is their JOB to pay that loan back..... otherwise what are we saying....do you really think we should be saying the law doesn't matter, legal contracts don't matter..... do we really want to raise a generation that is lawless??

...a person wants to go to college

they could "find" any grants/scholarships (even though there are literally 100's of thousands available) so they get a loan..."hey I 'need' 20k to go to school"...the lending company (which mostly is the government) say sure we will give you 20k, and we will charge 5% to 10%....that student says "I promise (a legal contract) to pay back this money".....

if a person wishes to get a loan (which is a contract) then they should be expected to repay said loan...honor your contract

if they don't pay that back..that is thievery from the loan company (96% is the government which means if the government pays it for them..that is thievery from the taxpayer

sorry but I PAID MY OWN BILLs... I will not pay your bill for yours... you took out the loan, you freaking pay it off.... don't expect someone else to pay your bill

If I contract for a mortgage or a car loan...I expect that if I FAIL to keep my word/bond and pay that bill that the house or car will be repossessed

a student loan is a signature or character loan... you are getting a loan based on character or your word, that you are using this money for good (going to school) and you make that promise that you will re-pay that loan... you gave your word, your bond, your promise...you signed the contract which was very clear on the interest rate (be it a fixed 0% or even 25%...be it an adjustable (for example 5% + prime))...you AGREED to the details of that contract.

my word, means something...even with my kids...if I make a promise, I keep it... that is why I am very careful with my promises (for example if my daughter asks for something reasonable, I can say "sure, I will get that for you" (a promise)...but if she was to ask for something unreasonable or out of reach currently..I can then say "I will think about it, and we will see what we can do" (ie not a promise)

sorry but I grew up, and my decades in the military have show me that your word, your morals, your ethics, and YOU INTEGRITY are truly your bond apparently liberals don't believe in integrity

if you take that 20k, 40k, 80k, 160k loan, and even with ALL THAT MONEY, fail to actually get te education you took the money out for to begin with...you are still RESPONSIBLE to pay your CONTRACTED principle and interest..... you should not EXPECT someone else, to pay your bill.. why would the liberals be looking to have a country full of deadbeats
Tell that to businesses and Wall Street no interest loans, quantitative easing PPP etc.

There is an obvious double standard between Wall Street/corporate America and student loans.

Old 06-30-2023, 11:15 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Tell that to businesses and Wall Street no interest loans, quantitative easing PPP etc.

There is an obvious double standard between Wall Street/corporate America and student loans.
no,you tell it to them.... I have been saying NO BAILOUTS WHAT SO EVER, for decades

Old 06-30-2023, 11:16 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Why do the so called “college educated” people believe that the President can erase college loan with the snap of his fingers without going through Congress?

And then they get mad when it got struck down by the court?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies