Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 10:19 AM

30,170 posts, read 11,809,456 times

Advertisements

Let them go to war. I don't believe they have nukes so it does not effect us at all.

Not Now, Europe. Second War Threatens to Explode

Kosovo was at the center of the last all out-war in Europe in the late ‘90s and tensions there have never fully dissipated.

Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic has this week put his army on its “highest level of combat readiness” to protect ethnic Serbian areas in northern Kosovo he says are under threat from Kosovo. Vucic says his military will “take all measures to protect our people and preserve Serbia.”
On December 10, ethnic Serbs in the north erected nine roadblocks that essentially divide the area where some 50,000 ethnic Serbs live, angering the Kosovo government in Pristina, which is led by an Albanian majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2022, 10:32 AM

29,826 posts, read 24,917,786 times
All these Slavic peoples and countries want attention again... And unfortunately, they know precisely how to get it.

This is officially the decade of chaos. I'm not sure if they realize, but they will end up MAGA if these wars lead to a world war. The world basically blows itself up when there is a world war, leaving only the USA and the 3rd world countries that that no one has a use for intact. The rest spend decades cleaning up the rubble and rebuilding while USA industries capitalize and profit. The wild card will be China if this becomes a world war. They are doing more than just hinting that they will be attempting to take Taiwan.

Old 12-27-2022, 10:38 AM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,083 times
Brandon probably wants to send them billions of our money too

Old 12-27-2022, 10:40 AM

455 posts, read 307,520 times
The Serbs have never recognized Kosovo as independent and there are a significant number of Serbs living there.
Just outside Pristina is an old battlefield called the Field of Blackbirds where a Serbian army was slaughtered by Ottoman Turks in the 1500s when the Turks took over the Balkans.
To the Serbs it's a sacred place, and they won't abandon it without a fight.

I was stationed at Camp Bondsteel for a while and got a first hand look at the situation. The Serbs don't care about world opinion, they'll do what they think best for Serbs.
They aren't afraid of much of anything, and are closely related ethnically to the Ukrainians, and they don't back down.
After the battle mentioned above, the Turks told the Serbian prince he could continue to lead his people on earth as their vassal, or he could lead them from heaven.
He chose heaven because he wouldn't be a Turkish slave. For the next 500 years, the Serbs continued to rebel against the Turkish rulers. They never really surrendered.

Albanians are Moslem decendants of the Turks, and sneaky little snakes that will cause problems, then go run to hide behind NATO.
There's a generational hatred and blood fued between Serbs and Albanians.

It's an ongoing mess and won't end anytime soon, whether there's another war or not.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Albanians in Kosovo started another war just to get the west to kill some more Serbs.

Last edited by SilverBear; 12-27-2022 at 10:50 AM..

Old 12-27-2022, 10:47 AM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
All these Slavic peoples and countries want attention again... And unfortunately, they know precisely how to get it.

This is officially the decade of chaos. I'm not sure if they realize, but they will end up MAGA if these wars lead to a world war. The world basically blows itself up when there is a world war, leaving only the USA and the 3rd world countries that that no one has a use for intact. The rest spend decades cleaning up the rubble and rebuilding while USA industries capitalize and profit. The wild card will be China if this becomes a world war. They are doing more than just hinting that they will be attempting to take Taiwan.
They see Ukraine...raking in tens if not hundreds of billions of dollars....
They see Zelensky jetting around the world, doing interviews and magazine covers.

They see fame and fortune and lots of $$$$$

Old 12-27-2022, 11:44 AM

1,568 posts, read 909,110 times
It's only a matter of moments before Joe Chi Minh or the Camel-LLama call the Serb president:

A: Hitler
B: White Supremecist
C: (even worse) Trump Ally

Old 12-27-2022, 12:13 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
I guess as an American I never understood the obsession people in Europe have with different "ethnicities". I suppose it's similar to race here. Hitler's writing is dripping with his hatred for people of different ethnicities, even those who we would consider as "white". I suppose you have that here a little bit, but generally you don't see people in the US going around saying, "This here is an English town and those dirty I-talians should just get out." It would seem silly to us if someone did that. But apparently it's all the rage in Europe.

I'm not surprised that this is happening now though. Regardless of how you feel about the US being the sheriff of the world (I don't much agree with it), the fact is that Pax Americana has resulted in no significant international conflicts like we saw in WWI and WWII. Now that we have a very weak president, the remaining despots of the world are taking their opportunity to cause trouble.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 12-27-2022, 08:37 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,957,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBear View Post
The Serbs have never recognized Kosovo as independent and there are a significant number of Serbs living there.
Just outside Pristina is an old battlefield called the Field of Blackbirds where a Serbian army was slaughtered by Ottoman Turks in the 1500s when the Turks took over the Balkans.
To the Serbs it's a sacred place, and they won't abandon it without a fight.

I was stationed at Camp Bondsteel for a while and got a first hand look at the situation. The Serbs don't care about world opinion, they'll do what they think best for Serbs.
They aren't afraid of much of anything, and are closely related ethnically to the Ukrainians, and they don't back down.
After the battle mentioned above, the Turks told the Serbian prince he could continue to lead his people on earth as their vassal, or he could lead them from heaven.
He chose heaven because he wouldn't be a Turkish slave. For the next 500 years, the Serbs continued to rebel against the Turkish rulers. They never really surrendered.

Albanians are Moslem decendants of the Turks, and sneaky little snakes that will cause problems, then go run to hide behind NATO.
There's a generational hatred and blood fued between Serbs and Albanians.

It's an ongoing mess and won't end anytime soon, whether there's another war or not.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Albanians in Kosovo started another war just to get the west to kill some more Serbs.
I thought Albanians fought the Ottomans too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skanderbeg

What is also funny is a large chunk of Ottoman forces are actually the sons of various Balkan peoples who were taken by the Ottomans, converted to Islam, and trained to be fighters for the Sultanate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devshirme

Old 12-27-2022, 09:24 PM

8,157 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I thought Albanians fought the Ottomans too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skanderbeg

What is also funny is a large chunk of Ottoman forces are actually the sons of various Balkan peoples who were taken by the Ottomans, converted to Islam, and trained to be fighters for the Sultanate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devshirme
Well, I don't know if "funny" is the right word (actually I do, and it is not) but yes, that practice was widespread.

Old 12-27-2022, 09:59 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,092,438 times
If the Serbians need money for their upcoming war, have them just stop by the U.S. Congress wearing a sweatshirt and just hand out some compliments while getting kissed by Nancy.
That strategy will be good for roughly $20 billion for one trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies