Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2022, 11:47 AM

43,668 posts, read 18,709,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Can't argue there.
The thing that is KEEPING them impoverished is sanctions. They are unable to buy or sell in the free market.

Other countries left the Soviet Union and have done just fine. Like the German re-unification; Estonia; Latvia. Sanctions work.
Cubans and North Koreans should have been clever enough to realize they could not thrive without the USSR.
But that is not the case today with Russia. Countries are still buying Russian oil via currency other than USD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2022, 12:03 PM

7,584 posts, read 5,360,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Well it’s been 6 months and Russias economy hasn’t collapsed yet.
Cuba, Iran, and North Koreas economy hasn’t collapse under sanctions yet either but I’m sure it will happen “very soon.”
I've never been to Iran, but I have been to Russia and several times to Cuba... in the case of Cuba... the effect of sanctions from my first trip and my last were stark, in a downward manner. In the case of Cuba the sanctions have had server affect on the country especially when you compare now with the day so massive Soviet support. Frankly, I don't know how it could be worse.

Old 08-28-2022, 12:45 PM

8,973 posts, read 11,856,074 times
Ukrainian traitor assassinated. Russian terrorists moved fighter jets out of Crimea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2-_oTBO0wU

Old 08-28-2022, 01:08 PM

1,695 posts, read 903,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
Wow, I had no idea that North Korea was ever economically well off.

All I thought was that it was always ruled by the ever powerful all knowing family where only the elite were well off and everyone were starving brainwashed people.

The stories you hear about life in N Korea is crazy.

One was of a landlord who's place burned down. The authority's 1st question was - Did you save the pictures of the Respected Comrade Marshal of the Republic Kim Jong-un? Not, were the tenants saved?
N. Korea was never a thriving economic nation. Regardless of the fact it doesn't matter. N. Korea wasn't destroyed despite being under arguably the worse sanctions ever. We keep hearing how this next round of sanctions is going change things, but nothing ever happens. Kim is still making weapons of mass of destruction and fielding an army of millions.

Old 08-28-2022, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
If China/Russia can prevent a blockade that would nullify a major military threat, we seem to think we have. You mentioned significant damage, verses complete destruction. I would imagine that nations like CHina and Russia have enough missiles to take care of the job completely.
Maybe damage wasn't' the best word, you're right it is more on the lines of destruction. A blockade could also invoke other players to act. I will admit though, it is unknown how effective anti-ship ballistic missiles are in actual combat, since no naval power has ever faced an adversary with such weaponry. Either way I would be leery of navigating 5 billion dollar ship in waters within range.

Old 08-28-2022, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You don't think Cuba and North Korea economies are collapsed?..... You haven't been paying attention.
Annual inflation rate in Iran is 54%. Sound pretty good to you?....

Since the Russian economy has not collapsed in 6 months we might as well give up, right?........ Nah. It takes a while. Might not ever collapse enough for your liking, but that won't matter. As long as they are broke enough so that they are unable to put together an army or navy that'll be good enough.

Sanctions work. Cuba. North Korea. Venezuela. Iran. Left in the 19th century. Russia may join them at some point.
That doesn't make any sense. Something either collapses or it stands. There is not a in between. Definition of collapse "fall down or in; give way." Once again, sanctions have not prevented these nations from taking a hostile U.S. approach or as in the case of Iran and North Korea from continuing to develop weapons that keep the U.S. at bay.

Old 08-28-2022, 01:55 PM

910 posts, read 450,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Ukrainian traitor assassinated. Russian terrorists moved fighter jets out of Crimea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2-_oTBO0wU

So you approve of using textbook terrorist tactics such as car bombings , simply because they can be used to dispatch people you disapprove of , in spite of the fact that said tactics can easily result in perfectly innocent people being hurt or killed ?

I must also remark that your implicit condemnation of terrorism in the same post makes this whole affair all the more ironic , since how can one lambast their opponents as being terrorists while condoning archetypal terrorist behavior ?

Old 08-28-2022, 02:54 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,160,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Blakeley View Post
So you approve of using textbook terrorist tactics such as car bombings , simply because they can be used to dispatch people you disapprove of , in spite of the fact that said tactics can easily result in perfectly innocent people being hurt or killed ?

I must also remark that your implicit condemnation of terrorism in the same post makes this whole affair all the more ironic , since how can one lambast their opponents as being terrorists while condoning archetypal terrorist behavior ?
William Blakeley, take a hike!

What is it you are not happy about the behavior of Ukrainians, considering what Russians has been doing to Ukraine? Why does behavior of Russians somehow not catching your attention?

This post of yours is pathetic and hypocritical. Do you actually post on this thread to create some kind of "balance"?

I am wondering how much diffferent your posting were, if you lived in Ukraine and were going though all this nightmare. What do you think?

I bet you would be one of those Ukrainian "terrorists" using all those tactics, "terrorist behavior" and more!

No?

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 08-28-2022 at 03:04 PM..

Old 08-28-2022, 04:08 PM

4,967 posts, read 2,747,822 times
Denys Davydov doesn't do an update per say on Sunday, but he does do a live feed where he answers viewers questions..this one today is 2 hours long filmed a few hours ago..here's the link if anyone is interested..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a6Ie629xms

Old 08-28-2022, 06:13 PM

51,719 posts, read 26,011,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
Denys Davydov doesn't do an update per say on Sunday, but he does do a live feed where he answers viewers questions..this one today is 2 hours long filmed a few hours ago..here's the link if anyone is interested..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a6Ie629xms
Would you please summarize this.

I would love to know what he is saying but I simply idon't have two hours to wait for him to get to the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies