Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 200 39.76%
No 254 50.50%
Unsure 49 9.74%
Voters: 503. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 12:09 PM

24,901 posts, read 9,655,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
As Ukraine's manpower shortage becomes even more critical, a desperate NATO again considers putting boots on the ground in Ukraine, despite Putin's nuke warnings. Biden says no, but . . .

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/16/u...o-ukraine.html
If NATO puts boots on the ground, that would be WW3.

China and Russia have zero tolerance for Western boots on the ground of a neighboring non-NATO country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2024, 12:10 PM

24,901 posts, read 9,655,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
'Zat why they won in Afghanistan?..

That was a claim, not an admission.
Afghanistan isn’t on Russia’s doorstep, Ukraine is. By the way, the Russians are still in Syria too.

We also lost that one when Biden pulled put. Remember?

Old 05-18-2024, 12:13 PM

5,105 posts, read 2,784,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
'Zat why they won in Afghanistan?..

That was a claim, not an admission.
Afghanistan was a way different conflict than a traditional war. Different terrain and environment. The Soviets pulled out, they failed there. So did the British. So did the United States, gifting the Taliban millions of dollars worth of war materiel in the process, apparently just for fun. No one can win there. And as for Viet Nam... 'nuff said.

Old 05-18-2024, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
If NATO puts boots on the ground, that would be WW3.

China and Russia have zero tolerance for Western boots on the ground of a neighboring non-NATO country.
Exactly correct. But the desperate West may try anything to prevent a Russian win. They just cannot envision a Russian win and that would be intolerable for them as many there have stated. But stupid is stupid.

Old 05-18-2024, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
A billion dollars of US aid to Ukraine for defense of Kharkiv went to shell companies.

If you think this is an issue you're a Putinbot.

We must give them more money to make up for it!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uSGGnBHp...ZftIsMPTvW-g09
Let's start a rummage sale to make some more money for the shell companies... I mean for Ukraine to fight off those beastly Russians in their invasion. Sorry, I forgot to include "full-scale". Desperately sorry. Let me correct myself. For Ukraine to fight off those beastly Russians in their full-scale invasion. Please forgive me for that omission. Slava Ukraina! Your money is on the way! *

* Please note that any money allocated to the defense of Ukraine will be subject to special handling fees. No guarantees can be made for victory or for the loss of funds as they travel to Ukraine.

Old 05-18-2024, 12:43 PM

5,255 posts, read 3,842,471 times
The tiger teeth you and I paid for and where in Ukraine for 6 months were never deployed. Those that were made anyway. Not a bright idea to give our tax money to the most corrupt nation in Europe maybe the world.
You support this at this point you are nothing but a fool.

Old 05-18-2024, 03:20 PM
bu2

24,166 posts, read 15,024,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
The reason we didn't attack North Vietnam had more to do with China. We didn't want the conflict to become another Korean war. Any perceived invasion of the North Vietnam would have likely resulted in China entering the conflict, as that was one of their redlines if I'm not mistaken. Still one to this day.

The thing with proxy wars, it is unwise to regard them as "win at all cost." The security of the country sponsoring or supporting the sides is typically not at stake. What is at stake is interest, but nothing that would be worth taking off all filters and risking a much larger conflict.

Saying well they can hit targets within 100 miles of the border, but not Moscow is a slippery slope, since that line will continue to be pushed farther and farther back until Moscow becomes a legitimate target.
Well its a war. Russia has to expect to be hit. Ukraine should not give them any safe spaces. Its not like Grenada vs. the US here.

Old 05-18-2024, 03:22 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
The USA did attack North Vietnam, from harbor mining to massive air raids .
Operation Rolling Thunder killed about 20,000 Chinese support personnel in North Vietnam.
So if you want to make a parallel with the war in Ukraine
massive bombing raids and harbor mining should bring Russia to real negotiations. not likely to happen.
None of you understand your history well.

There were times during the war, especially with LBJ, where North Vietnam was off-limits.

Nixon put some logic into the war and started bombing the north.

Old 05-18-2024, 03:25 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Afghanistan isn’t on Russia’s doorstep, Ukraine is. By the way, the Russians are still in Syria too.

We also lost that one when Biden pulled put. Remember?
Afghanistan did border the USSR.

We weren't fighting in Syria. We were helping the Kurds fight ISIS. About the only ones we fought directly were the Russians. When they attacked us, President Trump gave our troops authority to hit back hard. We didn't get attacked again by Russians.

Old 05-18-2024, 05:43 PM

26,683 posts, read 15,240,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
Let's start a rummage sale to make some more money for the shell companies... I mean for Ukraine to fight off those beastly Russians in their invasion. Sorry, I forgot to include "full-scale". Desperately sorry. Let me correct myself. For Ukraine to fight off those beastly Russians in their full-scale invasion. Please forgive me for that omission. Slava Ukraina! Your money is on the way! *

* Please note that any money allocated to the defense of Ukraine will be subject to special handling fees. No guarantees can be made for victory or for the loss of funds as they travel to Ukraine.
You forgot that Ukraine is a "Democracy™️," so I might have to report you as a Putin bot.

You're lucky you're not in Ukraine, you could end up tortured in a gulag for this offense. Opposition parties, media, and speech canceled. Elections canceled. Popular effective general gets too popular, fired and deported. US citizen journalist reports inconvenient facts, arrested, tortured, and dead.

"That's Democracy! ©️"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies