Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 209 40.04%
No 263 50.38%
Unsure 50 9.58%
Voters: 522. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 04:12 PM

21,422 posts, read 7,537,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
I'm sure that's what a lot of people think, me included, but there are others, some in top government positions, who don't like Russia, its size and resources, and what it could potentially become.
Meh...

I think Russia has much more to worry about from China than from the EU or the USA.

At the moment Xi Jinping and Putin are mutually supportive autocrats, so that is the present connection. But ultimately China will have it's eyes on the vast Siberian lands and resources (which it believes it has a claim to).

This is an existential threat to the Russian Federation. If Russia appears weakened China will be able to pounce on it.

Europe has no claim on Russian territory and is no threat to it. The Europeans want a transactional relationship of free trade. Same for the USA and Canada.

ALL of the hullabaloo about NATO expansion is political theatre for the domestic Russian audience to reinforce Putin's autocratic hold on power and grasping expansionism, nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2022, 04:19 PM
bu2

24,314 posts, read 15,150,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
I'm sure that's what a lot of people think, me included, but there are others, some in top government positions, who don't like Russia, its size and resources, and what it could potentially become.
The only people in top government positions who worry about Russia will become are those who are afraid they will become a terrorist state, not just in Ukraine.

Nobody who knows anything about the country is worried about Russia except for their militarism and meddling in other countries.

Russia is a 3rd world country outside Moscow and St. Petersburg. They are hemmorraging young talent. They have one of the worst demographic challenges. They are structurally corrupt. They aren't a worry.

Old 07-07-2022, 04:47 PM

26,970 posts, read 22,919,637 times
"Makeevka, shelling.
The anti-air defense intercepted the "Uragan" cluster shells.
Donbass children are used to the sound of the AA defense, so they kept on playing quietly in the yard.

One died on the spot ( in a sand box,) then another girl died in the hospital.

Now I received the message that the third child died, and the forth one is in grave condition.

Yesterday yet another girl ( 10 years old) was blown to pieces in Donetsk. They ( Ukrainians) hit exclusively at the residential areas, in every district.

Pictures of these children won't be posted in the media of the "civilized world," and won't be put on display in EU parliament."

https://t.me/ASupersharij/10041

As usual.

And that's how it was for the last eight years.

Old 07-07-2022, 04:50 PM

3,375 posts, read 2,943,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
"Makeevka, shelling.
Donbass children are used to the sound of the AA defense, so they kept on playing quietly in the yard.

Now I received the message that a third child died, and the forth one is in grave condition.

Yesterday yet another girl ( 10 years old) was blown to pieces in Donetsk. They ( Ukrainians) hit exclusively at the residential areas, in every district.

Pictures of these children won't be posted in the media of the "civilized world," and won't be put on display in EU parliament."

As usual.

It's OK. President Biden is willing to fight Russians till the last Ukrainian child and so is president Zelensky (his own children are conveniently British now).

Once upon a time, half million (or more) of Tutsis were murdered in less than 100 days. The world did not care. Why bother now about some Ukrainians killing non-Ukrainians with the help of American and European powers? Well, maybe the West needs to provide more help to Ukraine to help Ukrainian government to cleanse the Ukraine faster from the Ukrainians? The Ukrainian government is the most democratic and brilliant, just the population in Donbass and Ukraine are of the defective kind.

Old 07-07-2022, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
It's OK. President Biden is willing to fight Russians till the last Ukrainian child and so is president Zelensky (his own children are conveniently British now).

Isn't it true?

How they ALL shipped their children out of Ukraine, and then issued all these draft orders, prohibiting men to leave the country ( same is basically coming for women, comes October 1st.)

( This goes to so-called "Ukrainian elite," politicians et al.)

Old 07-07-2022, 05:11 PM

3,375 posts, read 2,943,759 times
Quote:
Isn't it true?

How they ALL shipped their children out of Ukraine, and then issued all these draft orders, prohibiting men to leave the country ( same is basically coming for women, comes October 1st.)

( This goes to so-called "Ukrainian elite," politicians et al.)
None of the modern elites has integrity of Comrade Stalin and other USSR leaders. Maybe except princes William and Harry.

Old 07-07-2022, 05:20 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,507,749 times
Quote:
"Makeevka, shelling.

Now I received the message that the third child died, and the forth one is in grave condition.

As usual.

Yup for 8 years Russia been supporting this long drawn out war that they started with their "little green men".

And now the latest war of aggression by Russia to really try and take Ukraine has resulted in hundreds of dead children.

Thats what happens when you invade your neighbor and they defend themselves. People die, including children. And Russia has targeted places where they clearly knew children were present. Even your argument here is about them being hit by accidental fire. Yeah. Maybe Russia should not have invaded a country.

Old 07-07-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
None of the modern elites has integrity of Comrade Stalin and other USSR leaders. Maybe except princes William and Harry.

And THAT'S WHY few years ago Russians were voting for Stalin in droves in that "most notable figure in Russian history" poll organized on TV.

Not because they were necessarily so enamored with Stalin, but because they were sending a message to the Russian government ( Putin including) about that very integrity.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/...es-poll-a74280

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_Russia_(Russia_TV)

Old 07-07-2022, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yup for 8 years Russia been supporting this long drawn out war that they started with their "little green men".

And now the latest war of aggression by Russia to really try and take Ukraine has resulted in hundreds of dead children.

Thats what happens when you invade your neighbor and they defend themselves. People die, including children. And Russia has targeted places where they clearly knew children were present. Even your argument here is about them being hit by accidental fire. Yeah. Maybe Russia should not have invaded a country.

I understand that people like you will come up with hundred excuses why it's OK to kill some civilians ( children including,) and why it's a crime to kill other.

Old 07-07-2022, 05:31 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,507,749 times
Quote:
I understand that people like you will come up with hundred excuses why it's OK to kill some civilians ( children including,) and why it's a crime to kill other.
War kills people. People include children. Your example is one where they were accidentally killed. I can point to places that were LITERALLY labeled as having kids inside hit. We can see Bucha. 31 children killed by Russian troops in that city.

When your country invades another without provocation, then yeah you are the bad guys. Thats how things work. Thats why so many countries are turning on Russia here.

Im calling the INTENTIONAL killing of children a crime. Im calling that a crime.
But I 100% lay the blame for all those dead children on the country that invaded another. That started a war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies