Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2023, 06:37 PM

43,809 posts, read 18,838,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
3 months ago Biden said he would not send fighter jets to Ukraine. Now he is sending fighter jets to Ukraine?
https://youtu.be/3S1PiotI85

What’s next? Sending US “advisors” aka Special Forces to Ukraine to fight with the local?
War has been the goal all along. Did you think any differently ?
We probably already have boots on the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2023, 06:44 PM

4,997 posts, read 2,769,214 times
Denys update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IoY0-Lv_c4

Old 05-19-2023, 07:20 PM

26,918 posts, read 22,802,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I just checked my sources and saw no change from my last update. Neither from Wagners nor from Yuri.

Oh OK, I listened this morning to the same Ukrainian blogger, whose video I translated before. So probably he was referring to the same events when you mentioned that Khmelnitsky has been hit second time in a row. Most likely I didn't realize that it was not just Khmelnitsky, but other cities too - I saw the whole map, and there were Krivoy Rog, Chernigov, Lutsk, Rovno, Lvov, Kiev vicinities, Odessa and Nikolayev regions - the locations with ammunition depots that were targeted this time around both with the "Gerans" and "Calibers" alike. So pretty extensive attack, but as I've mentioned after twenty people were arrested, Ukrainians are not allowed to post what they saw - the damages that were caused by those drones and missiles.

Quote:
Prigozhin says they are 400 m away from the final city line and have 20 multistory buildings to take over. Those are said to be turned into heavily fortified outposts, so they, pretty much level them down. Bury troops inside.

He also made statement on Zaluzhny and the other genera. He said that indeed, when Zaluzhny was at the frontline and within reach, his Wagners did "certain entrerprises" that could have resulted in the chief in commad loss. They did exactly same for the other general. But no, they have no solid confirmation one way or another.
If this is true, and Wagner did hit both Zaluzhny and Tanzura ( that's another general in question,) when they visited front lines in Chasov Yar near Bakhmut, this will be yet another jab at MoD, because as far as I know, Putin guaranteed the personal safety to Zelensky, and thus when he was within the reach of the Russian artillery near Kherson, not a single shell was flying in his direction.

Last edited by erasure; 05-19-2023 at 08:11 PM..

Old 05-19-2023, 07:24 PM

7,706 posts, read 5,596,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
3 months ago Biden said he would not send fighter jets to Ukraine. Now he is sending fighter jets to Ukraine?
https://youtu.be/3S1PiotI85

What’s next? Sending US “advisors” aka Special Forces to Ukraine to fight with the local?
No, the U.S. has NOT said it was sending fighter jets to Ukraine. European countries are looking to do so. The U.S. will just help with pilot training.

The video you linked to has been removed.

Old 05-19-2023, 07:43 PM

26,918 posts, read 22,802,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I just saw news about that. If Ukraine tries to take back the stolen lands, the Russian propaganda machine and their bots will scream, "Ukrainian nationalists are killing Russians."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTD4O4aH68Q

I see no problems with that, as much as this Azeri propaganda channel might try.

After all, it's the nationalist Ukrainian government that started this whole "if you are not with us, you are against us - get out of the country."

So obviously, if you don't have Russian passports on those newly acquired territories, you can't receive the social support payments - pensions, support for families with children, not to mention jobs. ( While this filthy Ukrainian government is calling on the locals to not to cooperate with Russian authorities, do you think they pay pensions or support to people without jobs? Ha-ha. Think again.

This particular Ukrainian nazi from the Western Ukraine ( Vereshuk is her name,) is usually particularly vocal in terms of "do as I tell you or die," when it comes to those issues. She is mostly the source of the "stolen Ukrainian children" nonsense too, when Russians move the orphanages out of the Eastern Ukraine from the war zone. ( Are they supposed to send those Russian-speaking children to her personally instead? To the nazi paradise in Lvov area where she is from? I have no idea.)

The REAL problem that I see in this situation though, is that many Ukrainians are reluctant to accept Russian passports, because they saw what happened in Kherson and particularly in Kharkov region earlier, when Russians promised that they were there to stay, yet run away, and then the locals that trusted them were executed by Ukrainian nationalists. ( Their corpses were presented by them later as "Russiansdidit" I'm sure.)

And that's on MoD ( and Putin.)

So THIS is where I see a real problem, why Ukrainians don't trust Russians now, particularly those in Southern regions, bringing sense of uncertainty and being hesitant.

People living in Donbass in contrast, are lining up for Russian passports as soon as they can.
They have nothing to lose.

Last edited by erasure; 05-19-2023 at 08:08 PM..

Old 05-19-2023, 08:09 PM

23,174 posts, read 12,362,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Putin will be very careful about leaving Russia. After all, he is a wanted criminal in many countries and someone might figure out a way to arrest him. Russia's continuous absence from policy making sessions will result in Russia disappearing entirely from the policy making groups. They are doing all this to themselves and cannot figure out how to stop.
Putin has become Kim Jong Un, a prisoner in his own country. Meanwhile, Zelensky travels the world freely.

Old 05-19-2023, 08:48 PM

1,399 posts, read 497,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Putin has become Kim Jong Un, a prisoner in his own country. Meanwhile, Zelensky travels the world freely.

Significant portions of the world aren't part of the ICC, actually. We're talking most of Asia, a large amount of Africa, a few nations in Europe still as well as the Americas. Although if you want to get more insight on the perception of various nations on Russia then you're better off examining their national reactions to the war last year. A good number of ICC members maintained a neutral stance towards it with South Africa perhaps being the most notable as of late.

As to culpability,Zelensky is a party and facilitator to the extremist elements in his country. If there was equal accountability under the ICC and the Rome Statute then his government and military would be subject to investigation and indictment for persecution of the Russians in the country as they shelled the Donbass for 8 years killing over ten thousand people in that region.

Come to think of it if Biden is allowed back into Germany after being an obvious party to the destruction of an infrastructural pipeline, an act that would constitute a war crime, then really even more credibility is lost here as to the notion of justice.

Old 05-19-2023, 09:25 PM

19,248 posts, read 27,909,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh OK, I listened this morning to the same Ukrainian blogger, whose video I translated before. So probably he was referring to the same events when you mentioned that Khmelnitsky has been hit second time in a row. Most likely I didn't realize that it was not just Khmelnitsky, but other cities too - I saw the whole map, and there were Krivoy Rog, Chernigov, Lutsk, Rovno, Lvov, Kiev vicinities, Odessa and Nikolayev regions - the locations with ammunition depots that were targeted this time around both with the "Gerans" and "Calibers" alike. So pretty extensive attack, but as I've mentioned after twenty people were arrested, Ukrainians are not allowed to post what they saw - the damages that were caused by those drones and missiles.

If this is true, and Wagner did hit both Zaluzhny and Tanzura ( that's another general in question,) when they visited front lines in Chasov Yar near Bakhmut, this will be yet another jab at MoD, because as far as I know, Putin guaranteed the personal safety to Zelensky, and thus when he was within the reach of the Russian artillery near Kherson, not a single shell was flying in his direction.

1. That's the mistake you made. Listening to Ukrainian blogger.
2. World still needs clowns. They might, as well, keep him alive. After all, he's the only one who can play piano with his penis. That's worth saving life.

Old 05-19-2023, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post

It is unbecoming for a man of power to run around the world, bagging for money.
People of the world come TO the man of power, to seek HIS audience.
For example, Chinese emperors never traveled anywhere. Their petitioners crawled on their knees and bellies to THEM.

Old 05-19-2023, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
No, the U.S. has NOT said it was sending fighter jets to Ukraine. European countries are looking to do so. The U.S. will just help with pilot training.

The video you linked to has been removed.

European countries are waiting on the US to permit F16 transfer. GB does not even has them. All this may drag as long as the student loan forgiveness and will absolutely be steered by political interests in the incoming election year.

Also, what exactly a handful of well outdated jets will do? Another PR and proipaganda points, that's about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies