Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2023, 10:40 PM

26,877 posts, read 22,743,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
A country choosing to align itself with NATO and the west doesn't make it a US client state, anymore than Lithuania is a US client state.

Hostile to Russia is the big manufactured boogeyman. Nobody threatened to invade Russia, yet Russia keeps finding excuses to declare neighboring states to be hostile in order to invade them.

No country should invade another because they are unhappy with their policy decisions.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/3360156-ukraine-war-1300.html#post64883970

That's to make you more familiar with the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2023, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Actually, I do. A lot. You may want to look up some of my posts on the Iraq war.

Whataboutism? Pretty weak sauce. I expected better.

I think we are passed that point already.

We already know the answer to "whatabout."
The real question here is WHY, as I already asked before.

Old 03-24-2023, 11:20 PM

8,975 posts, read 11,857,524 times
Wagner Boss contradicts Russian propagandists:

"Who is Russia fighting, NATO or Ukraine? We are at war exclusively with the Ukrainian army and with certain groups of psychotic mercenaries who just want to kill Russians."

He is paying legion fighters respect. LOL It's funny the way he said it, but volunteer fighters are there because they believe. That's something you can't buy or even train for.

https://youtu.be/n-S-FPXPn0s

Old 03-24-2023, 11:54 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Wagner Boss contradicts Russian propagandists:

"Who is Russia fighting, NATO or Ukraine? We are at war exclusively with the Ukrainian army and with certain groups of psychotic mercenaries who just want to kill Russians."

"...and which morally and mentally support Ukraine, which is understandable, that's why they are coming there... And ( we fight) with Ukrainian army that for the most part fights with NATO-supplied ammunition. I think we were ready for this, because it would be naive to think that when we came with our SMO, we were not taking in consideration that NATO would be helping Ukraine."

Quote:
He is paying legion fighters respect. LOL It's funny the way he said it, but volunteer fighters are there because they believe. That's something you can't buy or even train for.
No he does not.
But he is paying respect to Ukrainian troops and their resilience, pointing out that they are well-organized and that A. Syrsky ( who is now in charge of Bakhmut battle) knows what he is doing and acts professionally, since his military background goes all the way back to the Soviet army.

https://t.me/vladlentatarsky/20200

(So that's what he REALLY said.
Don't you ever forget that you deal with Ukrainian propaganda here.)

Last edited by erasure; 03-25-2023 at 01:08 AM..

Old 03-25-2023, 12:27 AM

I have read that China has found a loophole in sending weapons to Russia. They do it via company-to-company transfer.

Old 03-25-2023, 01:20 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,251,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Conquerors always try to justify their actions.
In all fairness, Germany was ****ed regardless, and the Poles were defacto ethnically-cleansing Germans in the Polish corridor(the land given to Poland after WWI). After WWII, all Polish lands were completely cleansed of Germans, including the lands taken from Germany and given to Poland by Stalin.

This idea that there would have been world peace if not for Hitler is a fantasy. The Soviets had six million troops in offensive positions near the German border. The Soviets not only invaded Poland alongside Hitler, they invaded Finland right after. Germany basically spent all their time during the "Phoney War" trying to beg for a peace agreement with Britain and France over Poland. Germany invaded France as a response to a massive French buildup near the Siegfried line combined with nearly half a million British soldiers amassing in Northern France(which Hitler allowed to evacuate at Dunkirk).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britis..._(World_War_II)

Pat Buchanan doesn't believe Hitler wanted war. For people who understand the geopolitical reality of 1939, they know that Hitler's hand was essentially forced because German national security necessitated a resolution to the Danzig/East Prussia problem.

https://buchanan.org/blog/did-hitler-want-war-2068

Poland had worked with the Germans on security concerns until Britain gave Poland a war guarantee. After that, Poland believed it could tell Hitler to **** off while trying to rid Poland of Germans as to remove all German claims to the land(to prevent another Sudetenland/Czechoslovakia).

In that way, the Poland of 1939 was behaving very much like the Ukraine of 2022, and for the same reasons. Poland in 1939 believed that the British/French war guarantee meant Poland could act with impunity and there was nothing Germany could do about it because Germany wouldn't dare risk war with Britain and France. But in the end the war guarantee from France and Britain was worthless. Poland would have been infinitely better off coming to terms with Hitler.

My view on the Ukraine War is pretty much exactly the same. Ukraine acted like total retards because the United States essentially promised them victory. And I would add, our support for Ukraine was contingent on the willingness of Ukraine to antagonize Russia. In essence, Ukraine was being paid by the United States to provoke Russia into a war, where they were promised victory, as well as all the future riches that would come from Donbass and Crimean lands(which produce almost all of Ukraine's GDP).

The question then is, will the United States honor its promise to guarantee Ukraine victory? Or will Ukraine go the way of Poland circa 1939?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 03-25-2023 at 01:34 AM..

Old 03-25-2023, 01:32 AM

24,917 posts, read 9,667,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I have read that China has found a loophole in sending weapons to Russia. They do it via company-to-company transfer.
That’s not really news. Everyone knows China, Iran, Belarus, and North Korea fully support Russia and send them secret aid.

It’s a proxy war and war of attrition at this point.

Old 03-25-2023, 01:32 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,251,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Because even if we'd remove this hypocritical show of "freedom of press," "free elections" and the rest in Russia, then even with proper political multi-party system, Russia would still react to hostile actions of Ukraine in the same manner, as long as Ukraine would be hosting forces hostile to Russia. It's only logical.
"Not by speeches and votes of the majority, are the great questions of the time decided, but by iron and blood." - Otto Von Bismarck

If democracy threatens national security there will be no democracy. Governments must protect themselves. I always laugh when retard gun-lovers whine every time there is a mass shooting because they're afraid they'll lose their gun-rights. They're too stupid to understand how stupid that is.

As the old saying goes, "If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
No country should invade another because they are unhappy with their policy decisions.
Have you ever heard of the Monroe Doctrine? What is it and why does it exist? Why was America so terrified of Cuba?

Old 03-25-2023, 05:12 AM

Excellent analysis of the war so far.

https://youtu.be/EWKwPeSnvTE

Old 03-25-2023, 06:35 AM

12,486 posts, read 8,270,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I took a bit of a break, but wasn't there supposed to be a major Russian offensive? What happened to that?
The Russians got sucked into trying to take Stalingr, opps I mean Bakhmut and sent everything they could there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies