Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 03:12 AM

5,308 posts, read 3,877,863 times

Advertisements

[quote=Adhom;64854633]Very astute. I see you found a source of truth all main stream media have missed. I think you must be a secret genius. Based on the linked video, the Ukrainian army is very close to defeat. Now that NATO has pledged a bunch of tanks to Ukraine, don't you think these tanks will directly fall into the hands of the Russians as soon as they are delivered? Do you think all the NATO governments have fallen for the false media reports and have no idea of the dire state of affairs in Ukraine?[/QUOTE

So you don't believe the Main Stream Media isn't being paid to tell the narrative by those who pay their salaries? Who benefits by a refusal to sit down in negotiations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2023, 05:04 AM

24,977 posts, read 9,718,668 times
"If Putin takes Ukraine, he won't stop and will go for Poland next."

This is the same faulty logic the warmongers used during Vietnam. "If Vietnam falls, all of SE Asia will fall to communism."

It's time for peace talks. WW3 is not worth some disputed territory.
Quote:
KYIV, Feb 10 (Reuters) - Russia launched a wave of attacks on Ukrainian infrastructure in the cities of Kharkiv and Zaporizhzhia on Friday morning as Ukrainian officials said a long-awaited Russian offensive was under way in the east.

At least 17 missiles hit the southeastern city of Zaporizhzhia in an hour, acting mayor Anatolii Kurtiev said, and the state grid operator said high-voltage facilities across the country had been hit and electricity supplies shut down.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ty-2023-02-06/

Old 02-10-2023, 06:25 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,134,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Well, I’m no expert, personally. I’m just listening to the experts, rather than the corporate media, who really don’t have such a great reputation for telling the truth about much of anything, do they? Of course, you are free to disagree, and believe those talking heads are truthful, if you think that is wise.
Corporate media actually has a pretty good track record for accuracy. There are a few exceptions, but those prove the rule. When corporate media gets it wrong, they get sued. Those lawsuits are few and far between, meaning that accuracy is the rule of the day.

Quote:
That said, according to those I consider experts, and trustworthy sources, Ukraine is f’ing toast. They aren’t just weaker, they are done, as in stick a fork in them done. Now that doesn’t mean they can’t inflict casualties on the Russians, because this is a war, and both sides are using pretty effective killing equipment. But they cannot defeat the Russians.
As discussed previously, your "experts" are a motley group of contrarians, notable for being wrong more often than right.

Quote:
Not even with NATO boots on the ground assisting them. It’s not possible, save for the introduction of tactical nuclear weapons by NATO forces.
So this is completely unhinged. You are stating, without qualification, that Russia will prevail against the assembled forces of NATO. Mobilizing USA, Canada, France, Germany, UK, Turkey, Spain, etc, all in addition to Ukraine, and Russia will win?

It has taken Russia 6 months to advance on one small city, and you think they can win against the assembled forces of NATO?!

You just qualified as a Superfan!

Shades of Ditka against the assembled hosts of heaven.

The Ditka thing was a comedy sketch. You would be advised not to emulate this as an approach to reality.

Old 02-10-2023, 06:28 AM

10,372 posts, read 10,772,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
"If Putin takes Ukraine, he won't stop and will go for Poland next."

This is the same faulty logic the warmongers used during Vietnam. "If Vietnam falls, all of SE Asia will fall to communism."

It's time for peace talks. WW3 is not worth some disputed territory.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ty-2023-02-06/
As opposed to Vietnam, I think Poland in 1939 is a much better comparison. The difference is that in 1939, nobody had the capability to stop both a Nazi Germany and Soviet invasion of Poland. The world has changed.

Old 02-10-2023, 06:32 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,134,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
As opposed to Vietnam, I think Poland in 1939 is a much better comparison. The difference is that in 1939, nobody had the capability to stop both a Nazi Germany and Soviet invasion of Poland. The world has changed.
We really have to take these geopolitical events individually. The adage that history repeats itself is a blunt instrument, not a prophetic statement.

That being said, I do think that Russia has a strong imperialistic streak. They have invaded several neighbors, and Putin has not been shy about his dreams of regaining the land once controlled by USSR. If Russia is not stopped here, further annexations are likely.

Old 02-10-2023, 07:05 AM

17,059 posts, read 12,678,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
We really have to take these geopolitical events individually. The adage that history repeats itself is a blunt instrument, not a prophetic statement.

That being said, I do think that Russia has a strong imperialistic streak. They have invaded several neighbors, and Putin has not been shy about his dreams of regaining the land once controlled by USSR. If Russia is not stopped here, further annexations are likely.
Not likely Poland. More likely the 'stans and Georgia.

Russia is not rdeemable at this point. Best to isolate them as much as possible as I am not sure Russia can be stopped and the resulting genocide without direct intervention.

Old 02-10-2023, 07:42 AM

10,372 posts, read 10,772,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post

I agree. I'm not one to state, "History repeats itself," but in this case there are strong similarities. If Russia is successful, I fully expect other countries to be targets.

Old 02-10-2023, 07:46 AM

4,997 posts, read 2,769,214 times
update..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uEZXUcmnZo

Old 02-10-2023, 08:04 AM

5,308 posts, read 3,877,863 times
Support Ukraine because well Klaus and his minions need your help.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/po...m_medium=email

Old 02-10-2023, 09:21 AM

7,706 posts, read 5,596,941 times
Russian cruise missiles crossed into Moldova and Romania, says Ukraine
Quote:
Gen Valerii Zaluzhnyi, the commander-in-chief of Ukraine’s armed forces, said the Kalibr rockets crossed into Moldova at 10.18am local time on Friday. They then flew into Romania at 10.33am at the intersection of the state border, before recrossing into western Ukraine, he said.

Romania is a Nato country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies