Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 10:54 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,053,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Another teacher who needs to spend a few years in a padded cell.
And he should be careful to not drop the soap bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2022, 10:56 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Another teacher who needs to spend a few years in a padded cell.
The only purpose to a video like that is to convert kids. There is no other purpose as there is NO reason except indoctrination to support why they need to know about trans hormone therapy and the 'celebration' of living 10 years as a trans.

Because they don't.

Old 03-29-2022, 10:58 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
It wasn't for lack of trying. When the travel restrictions here hit the Sheriff's Department set up checkpoints and asked for people's travel papers.

Also, it depends on your definition of "lockdown". I, personally, include Stay at Home orders and businesses being ordered closed a lockdown.

https://ballotpedia.org/States_that_...pandemic,_2020

As a note, Vermont was a "Stay at Home" state.
Per your link, 43 Governors issues some sort of Stay- At - Home order. Obviously, this included several Republican governors.

Stay at Home never meant the masses were prevented from leaving their homes, which occurred in parts of China, Moscow and other places. Those places required the masses to seek specific authorization to leave their residences for specific purposes.

My objection is to the term “ lockdown” , a term used in prisons when all inmates are locked in cells due to unrest.

Semantics.

Old 03-29-2022, 11:00 AM

43,125 posts, read 18,290,317 times
NJ put their health/physical ed curriculum together in 2020.

Might want to go hunt it down and read it.
By 5th grade (which is too young IMHO)
-they should know all the ways to get pregnant
-they are knowledgeable about drug/alcohol use/abuse
-they know about sexual orientation/gender identity
-school counselors are there to help them (doesn't specify with what though)

All this before they even have biology to learn the parts of the body.

Lots more but his jumped out to me ...5th grade is 11 years old.

Old 03-29-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Indeed.

Where I live schools were closed, local parks were closed, beaches closed, trails closed, businesses closed, clinics and Dr offices were closed, restaurants were closed, neighbor reported neighbor for being outside or having a contractor outside, we were told to stay at home.

Those claiming there weren't lockdowns suffer from selective amnesia and playing at word wankery.
Neighbors reporting neighbors for being outside or a contractor working outside?

Where exactly were the masses prevented from being outside?

Or a contractor working outside?

Heck, to the best of my knowledge contractors were deemed essential workers and permitted to work. I can appreciate some were uncomfortable doing so.

This does not mean there were not many state, county and local laws that were goofy. My favorites include, requiring restaurants to close by a designated time and restricting the number of diners that could be seated at a table. Everyone knew Covid only came out at night or it was the 5 th wheel at a table who was a spreader.

Old 03-29-2022, 11:17 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
NO ONE is pretending it doesn't exist. Rape exists. Should we show videos of rape to schoolchildren? Child abuse exists. Should we show videos of parents beating the crap out of their kids? Of COURSE NOT.

Indoctrination needs to be eliminated from the schools.
If you would actually read and try to comprehend what the words say in post before your knee starts jerking you should understand that I did not agree with the video or the lesson.

Old 03-29-2022, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
NJ put their health/physical ed curriculum together in 2020.

Might want to go hunt it down and read it.
By 5th grade (which is too young IMHO)
-they should know all the ways to get pregnant
-they are knowledgeable about drug/alcohol use/abuse
-they know about sexual orientation/gender identity
-school counselors are there to help them (doesn't specify with what though)

All this before they even have biology to learn the parts of the body.

Lots more but his jumped out to me ...5th grade is 11 years old.
Knowing about sexual orientation and gender identity is not the same thing as watching a brief video about a female’s choice at age 21 to give herself testosterone injections.

As I understand it, the state left it to school districts to define the specific curriculum and this particular district was not transparent about doing so. That it chose to not be transparent about the objectives and process is meaningful.

Not a word about this on the public FB page.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 03-29-2022 at 11:31 AM..

Old 03-29-2022, 11:31 AM

43,125 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Knowing about sexual orientation and gender identity is not the same thing as watching a brief video about a female’s choice at age 21 to give herself testosterone injections.

As I understand it, the state left it to school districts to define the specific curriculum and this particular district was not transparent about doing so. That it chose to not be transparent about the objectives and process is meaningful.
Oh it didn't end there. That "female" then came to the school to talk in person with them.
That is when all this came out and hit the press.

Middle school is 6-8 grade. The curriculum has kids knowing and understanding all this before they get to middle school..5th grade is still elementary.

Old 03-29-2022, 12:04 PM

Shout out to the poster who left comment “ you should be executed in front of your kids”.

Old 03-29-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Oh it didn't end there. That "female" then came to the school to talk in person with them.
That is when all this came out and hit the press.

Middle school is 6-8 grade. The curriculum has kids knowing and understanding all this before they get to middle school..5th grade is still elementary.
Reportedly, the school disclosed the guest speaker before hand and permitted an opt out.

I have not come across anything that puts forth the school board’s rationalization of why the body believes the video and speaker was deemed necessary.

It does not appear the district makes videos of their meeting available nor does it publish remarks made during the public comment period of board meetings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies