Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 09:18 PM

32,162 posts, read 15,172,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
NFL Losing Younger Audiences

They aren't interested in sitting through lecture after lecture, slogan after slogan about how raaaacist the country is when it actually isn't... any more than older people are.

And at least the older folks have a long record with the NFL concentrating on football without politics, which enables them to stick by their teams in hopes the former glory will be restored. Young people simply see the NFL as yet another vehicle for the far left to impose its political propaganda on its audiences.No wonder the young people are turning it off.
Are you talking about some taking a knee.

Old 02-12-2022, 09:24 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,320,625 times
Quote:

They aren't interested in sitting through lecture after lecture, slogan after slogan about how raaaacist the country is when it actually isn't... any more than older people are.

And at least the older folks have a long record with the NFL concentrating on football without politics, which enables them to stick by their teams in hopes the former glory will be restored. Young people simply see the NFL as yet another vehicle for the far left to impose its political propaganda on its audiences. No wonder the young people are turning it off.
If I didn’t love football I’d turn it off to. I fast forward and mute the political nonsense that gets touted, Rooney rule garbage, wokester boohooing, etc… On the bright side, it’s not as bad as it was when players were able to put criminals names on the back of their helmets, but Flores crying racism because he got fired will bring back a bunch of complaining about how owners of their businesses are supposed to spend their money.

Old 02-12-2022, 09:37 PM

11,242 posts, read 8,350,819 times
Quote:

And at least the older folks have a long record with the NFL concentrating on football without politics, which enables them to stick by their teams in hopes the former glory will be restored. Young people simply see the NFL as yet another vehicle for the far left to impose its political propaganda on its audiences. No wonder the young people are turning it off.
How did you feel about Tim Teebo? Honest question, did you see his 'statements' differently than taking a knee?

Old 02-12-2022, 09:40 PM

10,618 posts, read 4,133,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
With the horrible half time shows they are starting to alienate the older audience too. No one wants to watch 50-60 year old washed-up rappers.
True. How in the hell did they go from The Weekynd (an absolute hit) to what they are chugging out now? Eminem alienated a good portion of his fan base with his anti Trump rant back in 2016. Same types that got the NFL to ban kneeling during the National Anthem.

Old 02-12-2022, 09:45 PM

23,326 posts, read 29,200,582 times
The Millennial generations are game changers. Not interested in golf, golf courses closing around the country. Not interested in gambling, so now Vegas has hotels with no slot machines, or way fewer slot machines, and they demand high end disco's. Not much interested in sports either.

Old 02-12-2022, 09:48 PM

1,158 posts, read 460,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Has anyone noticed how woke all the commercials have been during games? I can only imagine what the SB commercials are going to bring us.

As far as the halftime shows go in the last 10 years, that for me has been the MAIN time to step away from the TV. That's the time to check into the kitchen and make sure the ladies are all okay making the second half treats for the boys, give them a round of applause, and help where needed!
The music, frequency of commercials and now the social justice messaging non stop are more than I could take. I quit watching football last year. This Olympics has been the same. Non stop commercials and mostly social justice BS.

So i tuned it out after two nights and wont watch anymore of it.

Old 02-12-2022, 10:01 PM

73,224 posts, read 62,913,518 times
Frankly, I just don't care. I can't think of any reason to care that the NFL is losing its young audience.

Old 02-12-2022, 10:03 PM

73,224 posts, read 62,913,518 times
I don't own a television anymore. I do occasionally watch sports on televisions at bars. I've watched more of the Winter Olympics than NFL. I've watched far more baseball than NFL, as baseball is my thing.

Old 02-12-2022, 10:04 PM

15,944 posts, read 6,646,882 times
The game has become boring. Too much of the game is idle time. Replay-based officiating has just slowed it down further. I barely watch it any more.

Old 02-12-2022, 10:50 PM

11,371 posts, read 11,121,843 times
Just saw recently the Washington Football Team changed their name to the "Commanders". What is the point of that?

They should be called the Washington Woke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies