Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 07:07 PM

35,785 posts, read 21,159,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
"When the USA falls fully to the left"

They are going to have to go through roughly 90 million gun owners before that happens.
Well never happen ,but you believe the 90 mil are republicans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2022, 08:49 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,932,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Well never happen ,but you believe the 90 mil are republicans?
I’m sure not, but most likely republicans would have more

Old 02-04-2022, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Your gun can be taken away from you very easily!

"Do you know anyone in your neighborhood that has a gun? There's a check for $1k if you tell us!"
"I'm renewing my driver's license!" "I see you're a registered gun owner, if you turn your gun over, we'll give you your license!"
"You're on Social Security! If you don't surrender your gun, we'll cut off your social security!"
"You're not going to surrender your gun? Then we're going to freeze your bank account!"

To feel secure with a gun in this country, is to feel as secure as wearing a mask!

And then there's the Chinese-style surveillance system creeping into our country! Turn your smartphone off in China and you may have a police officer pounding on your door at night, thinking you might be up to something. And as long as you carry a Smartphone, you may as well have a spy following your around.

Our freedom is gone, been gone for some time now!
Unless they aren’t registered

Old 02-04-2022, 08:52 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,094,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Plenty of proud citizens live as ex-pats overseas. You don't have to renounce your citizenship to live someplace else.
But the IRS has rights to your income unless you renounce your citizenship.

Old 02-04-2022, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It’s really cute how you believe only “conservatives” own guns.
I’m sure not, but who has the most, unless you are counting criminals.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:24 PM

19,915 posts, read 9,475,247 times
Well, the following is what is so great about living in a very small rural town:

If a civil war starts, it will almost certainly not affect our little town of less than 300 people because we are all neighbors. The only way anyone would know anyone's political persuasion is if they advertise it in some way -- and even then, we are all mostly just too nice and peace-loving to want to harm anyone, let alone anyone who lives less than a couple of miles away. And somehow I don't think that anyone from the nearest big city would want to travel three hours just to shoot a bunch of mostly senior citizens who just want to be left alone.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:31 PM

4,454 posts, read 5,182,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I’m sure not, but who has the most, unless you are counting criminals.
Yeah a nationwide shootout over what’s going on now? That’s brilliant.

If that happens, may your bullet ridden bodies rest in shallow stupid graves.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:36 PM

13,619 posts, read 21,429,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Your gun can be taken away from you very easily!

"Do you know anyone in your neighborhood that has a gun? There's a check for $1k if you tell us!"
"I'm renewing my driver's license!" "I see you're a registered gun owner, if you turn your gun over, we'll give you your license!"
"You're on Social Security! If you don't surrender your gun, we'll cut off your social security!"
"You're not going to surrender your gun? Then we're going to freeze your bank account!"

To feel secure with a gun in this country, is to feel as secure as wearing a mask!

And then there's the Chinese-style surveillance system creeping into our country! Turn your smartphone off in China and you may have a police officer pounding on your door at night, thinking you might be up to something. And as long as you carry a Smartphone, you may as well have a spy following your around.

Our freedom is gone, been gone for some time now!
If it came down to that the driver license, social security and all that wouldn't matter the country would be anarchy and breaking up by then.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:44 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,254,479 times
I'm not running anywhere. I am now and will be then, the resistance.

Last edited by SilkHammer; 02-04-2022 at 09:54 PM..

Old 02-05-2022, 05:28 AM

4,568 posts, read 4,116,263 times
Last I checked the judiciary was full of Republican appointees thanks to McConnell. The Senate is skewed towards Republicans, so is the house thanks to gerrymandering by Republicans in states like Wisconsin and the electoral college is skewed in their favor. Republicans have dominated despite not winning the popular vote.

So if the OP is really thinking the country is falling apart maybe they need to reflect on whose policies are the cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies