Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the United States will turn into a dictatorship before 2030?
Yes 28 20.90%
No 106 79.10%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 02:23 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,685,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
It's a dictatorship now, Biden wasent elected.
How utterly FALSE. And I didn't vote for Biden to know that. Of course, for all I know, there is also no doubt in your mind, whatsoever, that Trump was, by far, the best president since Abraham Lincoln. So, did I read you at least 100% RIGHT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 02:26 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,685,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You support Capitalism? Odd, to a ever increasing number of Progressives in your party Capitalism is evil.
Yet, most conservatives on here think high tech capitalism is highly evil from Twitter and FB kicking off Trump. Conservatives are also mad those companies have been kicking off anti covid vaccine posters.

Old 01-02-2022, 02:40 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,361,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm hoping people who are trying to break us up, and see that as a positive, go somewhere else.
*Wife wants to leave her controlling husband, and many people are supportive of it*

Husband: All you people trying to break us up are the real problem here.

Old 01-02-2022, 02:46 AM

4,900 posts, read 2,697,497 times
if Trump gets re-elected..

Old 01-02-2022, 02:53 AM

254 posts, read 131,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
*Wife wants to leave her controlling husband, and many people are supportive of it*

Husband: All you people trying to break us up are the real problem here.
Let's be honest, shall we? It's more like....

My pretty White dress has gotten too Brown over the years. Some like the natural patina but some want to dip it deep in bleach, even if it weakens the fabric.

This is why I will be voting Democrat down the line in Georgia next year. I would respect the far right more if they would just be honest. I guess that would mean admitting some things they know are reprehensible. Denying the obvious devalues any legitimate concerns moderates such as myself would understand. I guess it's easier to look oneself in the mirror, even at the expense of self awareness.

I have a feeling any woman looking to get away from an abusive husband would have to go up against "traditional American values" of the Red state country.

Last edited by AtlantaRising; 01-02-2022 at 03:17 AM..

Old 01-02-2022, 03:15 AM

51,660 posts, read 25,900,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaRising View Post
I was wondering the same. Can women work outside the home? Can they vote? What about interracial relationships? What if you are Catholic or Jewish. Do you have to be Evangelical? Are Black people allowed to vote? Is slavery a traditional American value? Is sex outside of marriage ok?

What does traditional American values mean?
"Traditional American values" means "white men rule."

It's what this is all about.

Old 01-02-2022, 03:20 AM

if you doubt the above, take a quick scan of the couple hundred faces that the FBI are looking for over the violence at the Capitol last Jan. 6.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/capitol-violence

How many people of color to you see?

How many women?

Old 01-02-2022, 03:36 AM

24,729 posts, read 9,529,408 times
We’re already there.

People are getting fired for not taking a vaccine that doesn’t even work after 9 months, for a common cold virus 2.0

Old 01-02-2022, 03:43 AM

Democracy is based on the leaders being elected by the majority. Consent of the governed and all.

However, due to the Electoral College we have had two recent Presidents installed who did not receive the majority of votes. Both administrations were disasters, leaving our nation in far worse shape than when they started.

In the Senate, millions more voted for the Democrats than the Republicans, yet look how Republicans have been able to block voting legislation, funding for programs that are desperately needed, ...

Meanwhile, Republican legislators are busy passing laws to make it more difficult for some to vote, and easier for Republicans to overturn election results.

Democracy is under attack all across the nation.

If they win, this experiment in self-government is over.

2030 is not that far away.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 01-02-2022 at 03:52 AM..

Old 01-02-2022, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
It's a dictatorship now, Biden wasent elected.
Yes, he was.

Despite all the lawsuits and lies, there has been absolutely no credible evidence presented that Biden was not elected.

The whole "rigged election" fell apart in court, with even the defendants' filings stating that no reasonable person would believe the accusations.

There have been isolated cases of people double voting. Appears to be mainly Republicans. But in any case, not nearly in sufficient numbers to change the outcome.

Biden won fair and square.

Just because you don't believe it doesn't change the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies