Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 08:25 AM

5,304 posts, read 5,297,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This is an excellent example of total absurdity.
Only responding to an idiotic post that somehow equated Liberals as selfish and bad dog owners...that was the absurd post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 08:26 AM

11,519 posts, read 14,748,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
Not just dogs. I've currently got a sweet little tortoiseshell cat living on my back porch that we think was dumped in our neighborhood by the owner. She's probably 8-10 months old and had a collar on. Took her to my vet and she was chipped but the owner never responded when I filed a found pet report. We're feeding her and treated her for fleas and ticks and are trying to get her adopted but may end up having to keep her (I already have two males, so integration is an issue).
I hope she works out w/ the other dogs. Tortoiseshells are so pretty. Our one cat and dog bonded right away so it can work. The one alpha cat, however, didn't like anyone in her house, but she tolerated them best she could.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:31 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,559,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Only responding to an idiotic post that somehow equated Liberals as selfish and bad dog owners...that was the absurd post.
You responded to absurdity with more absurdity?

Totally legit. No ... really.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:19 AM

309 posts, read 903,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Here in the Seattle area it's a bit different . . . people are quitting their jobs rather than give up their "Covid-Dogs." Some large employers are fighting back by allowing them to bring their dogs to work.
This is the way we should live.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:47 AM

10,155 posts, read 4,873,514 times
Even in non lockdown times people fail on dog ownership on a massive scale. I saw the way many dogs were treated during the last year or two and if the owner doesn't give it up it will have massive health and discipline issues. Dog ownership is 15 to 20 year commitment. Not all dogs are not fashiong accessories, date bait, security/ killers(maulers some). Nor does a dog have huge or invincible bladder or colon. Dogs need attention and have many of the same needs a human 24/7 not just when the owner happens to be home or around it.

Old 07-14-2021, 10:02 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,635,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
infuriating.
people with no business owning a dog flocked to get one during Wuflu lockdowns, and now are kicking them to the curb.
highly doubtful that this is confined to CA.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/cal...se-2021-07-08/
It’s not limited to just CA, it’s everywhere. NPR did a story on this last month & what is happening is that the intake levels that lowered during the pandemic has risen to levels that were seen prior to the pandemic. Shelters have been affected during the pandemic like every other business, short on staffing.

Old 07-14-2021, 10:05 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,635,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Doesn’t surprise me. Liberals are the most selfish people on the planet and California is full of them. They used these dogs and now the dogs are a burden. It’s sickening to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Most left wing lunatics are cat people not dog people. Conservatives and dogs go together because dogs are loyal and honest like conservatives. I have little doubt that liberals are abandoning these dogs because that’s how they roll.
How you could possibly turn this into a political argument is just beyond me. Absolutely absurd trolling on your part. You really should be ashamed.

Old 07-14-2021, 11:32 AM

53,611 posts, read 35,384,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It’s not limited to just CA, it’s everywhere. NPR did a story on this last month & what is happening is that the intake levels that lowered during the pandemic has risen to levels that were seen prior to the pandemic. Shelters have been affected during the pandemic like every other business, short on staffing.
TBH, i can see the rationale of letting people adopt them last year during the pandemic, being that even if a ton of adopters changed their minds, many would not.

still sucks for all the returned pets, though. probably many will be facing euthanasia.

Old 07-14-2021, 11:40 AM

17,063 posts, read 12,699,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I think all the negligent pet owners should be locked in a "4 x 6" cage with just a bowl of water.
4x6 INCHES?
Going to need a hydraulic press to squish them that small. Sounds okay to me.

Old 07-14-2021, 12:40 PM

3,369 posts, read 1,252,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
infuriating.
people with no business owning a dog flocked to get one during Wuflu lockdowns, and now are kicking them to the curb.
highly doubtful that this is confined to CA.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/cal...se-2021-07-08/
I think it is happening all over. The pet adoption agency my friends up north support have their adoptees trucked up from shelters down here in the south. So sad for those abandoned pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies